Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the passenger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

the passenger Empty
PostSubject: the passenger   the passenger Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 10:45 pm

any news about the movie ??
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

the passenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: the passenger   the passenger Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:53 pm

The Passenger is an upcoming movie biopic about Iggy Pop's early career and The Stooges era. The film will be directed by Nick Gomez. It will start shooting within the next six months and is expected in theatres sometime during the summer of 2008. The movie's budget is in the $6 million to $8 million range. Elijah Wood will star as young Iggy Pop.

Wood revealed during an interview that he is "scared to death" of doing it, because he is a huge fan of Iggy Pop and he doesn't want to be the "person responsible for screwing that up." He also said the movie will chronicle The Stooges era, for the most part.

Iggy Pop liked the script but refused to take a part in the film, He said:

“ The script ain't chopped liver... It was a work of art. But subjectively, I don't want to be involved in any way. A producer and the writer sent me a very decent letter, and asked me to write back if I didn't want them to do it... I don't feel negative about it at all. ”

Iggy also said that Elijah seems like a very poised and talented actor.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

the passenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: the passenger   the passenger Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:56 pm

Is that recent, Colin? I heard that it had gone onto the back burner since the Variety announcement?? There is apparently talk of a rival biopic, by Penelope Spheris, too.
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

the passenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: the passenger   the passenger Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:27 pm

Paul T wrote:
Is that recent, Colin?

Not 100% sure, to tell the truth...
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

the passenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: the passenger   the passenger Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:03 pm

this could be a nice film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the passenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: the passenger   the passenger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the passenger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: