Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Empty
PostSubject: Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo   Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 pm

I put together this music video for one of my favourite Iggy songs, "Platonic" (Zombie Birdhouse, 1982):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzPpxh5SqFo
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo   Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Wow, what a knockout. I could watch/listen to that all day.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo   Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 8:26 pm

That's pretty good. Thanks!
I love "Platonic" - one of the best Iggy songs from that period. And those screen tests of Garbo are superb. What a beauty.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo   Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:47 pm

neat !
Back to top Go down
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo   Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks for your comments. I think this song and this footage go together very well, it's a shame that this section of the forum is hidden for most visitors.

You have to be logged in to be able to see the "Gimme Danger" section, which covers Iggy's solo work. I find this strange. I think the forum administrator/web master should make this section public for everyone. Not just because of this video, but because of all the obvious reasons. My guess is that 90% of the people who come are NOT logged in.

Anyway, yes, Richard, the footage is the long lost 1949 screen test, which was found in the early-mid 90s, I think. To think she retired at the age of 36, in 1941, after her only "flop". Strange that the screen test in 1949 didn't lead to a new film.

I'm currently reading the definitive Garbo biography, by Barry Paris, but I haven't reached that part yet. Perhaps he can shed some light on that mystery. (I'm from Sweden too.)

Do you know if Iggy has ever mentioned Garbo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo   Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:49 am

If he didn't I'd be surprised, imagine he'd have a lot of respect for her both for her style and her uncompromising attitude.

That screen-test footage is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo   Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Platonic music video feat. Greta Garbo
Page 1 of 1