Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power Session Lost track?

Go down 
+3
Hectorlovesthestooges
mghifi
homesickjameswilliamson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Raw Power Session Lost track?  Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuvrSg5tJ0

just saw this and naturally assumed it would be a fake as there was no name

still think it is but they get the tone of the guitars down and even the mixing of the instruments

the song itself is a bit generic i guess compared to some of the stuff they were doing which is the only thing that makes me think its fake

i've never heard this before if its real, and you'd think it would have been on the boxset if it is

any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:15 am

Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:15 pm

It's real, I've always thought that that bootleg was an Iggy's secret idea. It was released by Boca del Rey, an unknown record company that only released this album probably, and it's based on Miami (where Iggy lives).

On the album there's the complete "Nigger Man" song with lyrics, this is probably because they didn't want it on the last Raw Power release and they put an edited version called "Doojiman", so I think Iggy wanted these tracks to be released anyway in an obscure album.

Etiqueta Negra de Lugo is real worth listening, great tracks and outtakes.
Back to top Go down
capela000

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 5:27 am

I'll have to check that bootleg. The guitar sounds a lot like Williamson, but overall the song is kinda tame, at least compared to what they sounded like at the time.
Back to top Go down
oblivion now

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Its probably just tame because they are just jamming on an idea. The record is great though. The sound quality was a surprise. Get it!
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:28 am

Anyone know if "I Got A Right" and "Gimmie Some Skin" were meant to be on Raw Power or were they just outtakes?
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:44 pm

johnnylove wrote:
Anyone know if "I Got A Right" and "Gimmie Some Skin" were meant to be on Raw Power or were they just outtakes?
They were recorded a month or two before the Raw Power sessions along with "I'm Sick Of You" and "Scene of the Crime" but were rejected by Tony Defries as being too violent. So the band had a rethink and came up with the Raw Power songs which aren't, to my mind, any less violent...
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 7:52 am

Thanks man. I agree. They don't sound any less violent to me either. All four of those songs almost sound as if they belong on Raw Power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Session Lost track?    Raw Power Session Lost track?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power Session Lost track?
Page 1 of 1