Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RON FUCKING ASHTON

Go down 
+2
mc
johnnylove
6 posters
AuthorMessage
johnnylove

johnnylove

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-04-02

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 2:52 am

Listening to The Stooges, drinking scotch and thinking what an amazing guitar player Ron Ashton was. It's such a fucking shame he or Scott didn't get the recognition they deserved until the fucking end of their lives. Typical for the Stooges I guess. It makes me want to cry.

I'm sure everyone has seen it, but I love the photo of Jimi listening to the Stooges first album.

You know Jimi was thinking to himself " I gotta use more Wah"

You fucking know it!!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Great pic, but fake!
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:42 am

really? fake?
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 11:58 am

johnnylove wrote:
really? fake?

I'm not an expert but the photo looks genuine to me. I know that Jimi listened to a lot of new bands so it is completely possible that he checked out The Stooges. And the mixed review the album got in Rolling Stone might have intrigued him.

By the way I noticed you left the "e" out of "Asheton" . I'm not surprised. For the last 20 years I've looked for another person with the same name and spelling and have come up empty. It's strange. For everybody else the spelling is always "Ashton".
Back to top Go down
dnlkmnd

dnlkmnd

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-04-25

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 2:32 pm

it's fake, here's the original

RON FUCKING ASHTON 1378363_739898466027738_1662237667_n-1
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:03 am

Damn. Can't trust anything these days. Jimi must have listened to The Stooges though. I refuse to believe he didn't.
Back to top Go down
cheesy_rice

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-10-20

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 6:11 pm

sizeable bulge wrote:
johnnylove wrote:
really? fake?

I'm not an expert but the photo looks genuine to me. I know that Jimi listened to a lot of new bands so it is completely possible that he checked out The Stooges. And the mixed review the album got in Rolling Stone might have intrigued him.

By the way I noticed you left the "e" out of "Asheton" . I'm not surprised. For the last 20 years I've looked for another person with the same name and spelling and have come up empty. It's strange. For everybody else the spelling is always "Ashton".

in the fake photo the Stooges album cover has noticeable ring wear. Hendrix died in 1970 so the album hadn't really been out long enough for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
let me in!

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2016-03-11

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 11:34 pm

sizeable bulge wrote:
johnnylove wrote:
really? fake?

It's like Leee Black Childers with his extra e. Befittingly unique.

cheesy_rice wrote:

in the fake photo the Stooges album cover has noticeable ring wear.

Maybe Jimi was a cheapo with a library copy.

But I'll say this. Jimi certainly changed the dynamic. For a prominent black musician (or predominately black) with a guitar to have preferred rock over blues was certainly a game changer. I think it opened the eyes of a lot of blues purists like Iggy and Clapton to the virtues of rock. Now I'm not saying that the Stooges wouldn't have existed without the Jimi Hendrix Experience, but they were certainly a huge influence on them.

Last edited by let me in! on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RON FUCKING ASHTON Empty
PostSubject: Re: RON FUCKING ASHTON   RON FUCKING ASHTON Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RON FUCKING ASHTON
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: