Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The many faces of Iggy Pop CD

Go down 
+3
andrew
dtklamf
jpod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Empty
PostSubject: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 2:31 pm

First of all.
A big hello to everybody. I dunno if folks have just forgotten about the Stooges in general since their demise (again) but it sure is quiet around these parts.

Well I haven’t gotten this cd yet but I see it includes a Stooge live set. Doesn’t seem to be any info on which show (a reunion Ron show I’m guessing)

Anyone got any info or purchased it themselves yet?
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi,
It's BOL D OR MANY COURSES 13th September 2003, it's has gaps between tracks making it not a very smooth listen. But a nice compilation collects odds and sods together in one place, nothing I haven't got all ready.
Nigel.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Many thanks for the info Nigel. I haven’t got that show. Or seen other bootlegs even of it.
The cd is quite cheap on Amazon Marketplace so I’ve gone ahead and ordered it now.
Cheers buddy.
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 pm

jpod wrote:
Many thanks for the info Nigel. I haven’t got that show. Or seen other bootlegs even of it.
The cd is quite cheap on Amazon Marketplace so I’ve gone ahead and ordered it now.
Cheers buddy.

A CD bootleg of the whole show came out in 2004.

https://www.discogs.com/Iggy-Pop-The-Stooges-Le-Bol-DOr-2003/release/5346879

It's one of only two CD (as opposed to CDR) bootlegs of post reunion shows that I know of. The other being of the Coachella show. Are there any more?
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi all ,

this 3cd set , is another oddly compiled comp. , mostly tracks that we've heard a million times for cd 1 + cd 2 , but it's nice to have Why was I born and Love transfusion ; Cold metal is the most pointless hard rock disco remix...only Fire Girl sounds new to me ( working version ? )

as far as the live tracks on cd 3 , they all are from the reunion / Ron years ( which may be saying a lot about the Iggy / James situation these days )

only 4 tracks are from the infamous Bol d'Or 2003 gig ! this concert demands a full release !!! and the source in NOT the bootleg ; that makes only 5 tracks available total from that gig with Dirt which was on the Roadkill Rising comp.

I suspect the other tracks are from Glastonbury...

Nigel , I don't know what you mean by you've had them before but I may have missed another cd ? or you're refering to the boot ?

as far as boots , they're not that needed for those years ( gigs with Ron ) as we have wether on audio or video a few brilliant concerts : Detroit , Lokersee , Montreux , Pukkelpop , Tokyo , Glastonbury....

so it's a mixed bag as always but It cost me 5 Euros !
until someone finally puts out the full Bol d'Or gig......Easy Action ?
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 4:07 am

i remember reading somewhere, maybe a DIME comment, there is maybe six different DAT tapes of the bol d'or gig ...someone correct me if i am wrong.
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 2:21 pm

I've got a bootleg copy of those tracks, I thought they all came from Bol d'Or, when I get time will compare Glastonbury tracks.
Thanks.
Nigel.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm

if someone has a better tape of the Bol d'Or than the boot cd on Ganja ( it's only average ) , I'd love to have a copy , please send me a pm and we can set a trade , thanx !
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 pm

This one is readily available on the internet as a download and sounds great. Taper recorded using DAT.
The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Iggyan10
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 am

sounds great but I have no idea where....would you kindly pm me a link Pop Stüge ? cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi ,which tracks are from Bol'dor? I think 7 to 10. I was at that show.

fabrice wrote:
Hi all ,

this 3cd set , is another oddly compiled comp. , mostly tracks that we've heard a million times for cd 1 + cd 2 , but it's nice to have Why was I born and Love transfusion ; Cold metal is the most pointless hard rock disco remix...only Fire Girl sounds new to me ( working version ? )

as far as the live tracks on cd 3 , they all are from the reunion / Ron years ( which may be saying a lot about the Iggy / James situation these days )

only 4 tracks are from the infamous Bol d'Or 2003 gig ! this concert demands a full release !!! and the source in NOT the bootleg ; that makes only 5 tracks available total from that gig with Dirt which was on the Roadkill Rising comp.

I suspect the other tracks are from Glastonbury...

Nigel , I don't know what you mean by you've had them before but I may have missed another cd ? or you're refering to the boot ?

as far as boots , they're not that needed for those years ( gigs with Ron ) as we have wether on audio or video a few brilliant concerts : Detroit , Lokersee , Montreux , Pukkelpop , Tokyo , Glastonbury....

so it's a mixed bag as always but It cost me 5 Euros !
until someone finally puts out the full Bol d'Or gig......Easy Action ?
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Yes 7 to 10 , audience source

I was there too...what a gig !

Easyaction come on ! put it out solo or in a Stooges reunion box !
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:01 pm

fabrice wrote:
Easyaction come on ! put it out solo or in a Stooges reunion box !

I've been thinking for years someone should put out a Stooges reunion box.

I'd like the 2005 Funhouse and 2010 Raw Power shows from the Hammersmith Apollo on it, among other things.
Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 8:24 pm

The 2005 Funhouse show was not professionally recorded. but the 2 may Raw Power show was, and is released as well .
https://www.discogs.com/The-Stooges-Raw-Power-Live-At-Hammersmith-Apollo-London-May-2-2010/release/11682033
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 10:26 pm

neven wrote:
The 2005 Funhouse show was not professionally recorded. but the 2 may Raw Power show was, and is released as well .
https://www.discogs.com/The-Stooges-Raw-Power-Live-At-Hammersmith-Apollo-London-May-2-2010/release/11682033

I have that one (and I was at the gig.) Although it is an official release, it is on CDRs with printed labels, which led to one of the discs getting stuck in my CD player, and I had to dismantle it to retrieve the disc. It's a shame the 2005 show wasn't professionally recorded. (I was also at that one.)

Has anyone produced a definitive list of known reunion recordings, professionally recorded and otherwise?
Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 11:28 pm

Many reunionshows were on Dimeadozen.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 3:40 pm

did the Apollo 2010 officially ended up on cdrs ? the Lille gig a few days earlier if I'm not mistaken was only on a USB stick

creating a list with the pro recorded concerts is a good idea . who's starting it ?

There's actually a shitload of professionally recorded gigs of the reunion years , radio shows  , tv shows...enough sound and vision for the coolest box ever.

now I suppose Glasto is off limit because of the BBC and Montreux also because only the Montreux brand puts out Montreux gigs...what a shame...

anyway plenty of choice with great sound , only Bol d'Or would be with an inferior sound quality which would tend to lead towards a solo release just like the Adelaide 89 show was not included in the 1982-1989 Easyaction box
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 5:20 pm

fabrice wrote:
did the Apollo 2010 officially ended up on cdrs ? the Lille gig a few days earlier if I'm not mistaken was only on a USB stick

Yes the CDR release was official, from same company that did the USB stick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The many faces of Iggy Pop CD   The many faces of Iggy Pop CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The many faces of Iggy Pop CD
Page 1 of 1