Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you care if the forum is made read only?

Go down 
+3
Luzern
ggriffin
heavy liquid
7 posters

Do you care if the forum becomes read only?
Yes
Do you care if the forum is made read only? Vote_lcap76%Do you care if the forum is made read only? Vote_rcap
 76% [ 19 ]
No
Do you care if the forum is made read only? Vote_lcap8%Do you care if the forum is made read only? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Don't care, as long as you don't delete the forum
Do you care if the forum is made read only? Vote_lcap16%Do you care if the forum is made read only? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Do you care if the forum is made read only? Empty
PostSubject: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm asking this due to the inactivity.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 4:50 pm

I check in every week or so to see if anything has popped up. I have no idea how much work or $ it takes you to maintain it, but I am grateful for a place to report any of the slightest trivia I encounter. And it is nice to know that, if anything interesting happens in Stooges world, I can read about it here. If there is a better place to go, please let me know! - sometimes people say it's "all moved to social media" but all I see there are random photos.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 6:37 pm

ggriffin wrote:
I check in every week or so to see if anything has popped up. I have no idea how much work or $ it takes you to maintain it, but I am grateful for a place to report any of the slightest trivia I encounter. And it is nice to know that, if anything interesting happens in Stooges world, I can read about it here. If there is a better place to go, please let me know! - sometimes people say it's "all moved to social media" but all I see there are random photos.

Hi ggriffin,

It doesn't cost me anything to run the forum.

I guess you are right when it comes to actual discussion on the band (If that is what you are saying?). There is not much actual discussion on the facebook groups about their music, just a lot of photos being posted. But it has still taken people away from the board, as the those photos would otherwise (probably) be posted on this forum.

Votes seem to be in favor of members caring if I did make the forum read only. I'm assuming you voted yes as well, ggriffin?

Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Yes, and "yes" meant "please don't if it is all the same to you"

And also: "please don't be discouraged that there is so little discussion", things are quiet in Stooge world
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Please do not make it read only. This is the best place to discuss The Stooges. The band stopped working and there are no major retrospective releases, so things have gone quiet. But something new could pop up like Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo and then this is the place to discuss it.

P.S.: The question at the top of this thread is misleading/unclear. It should be "Do you want the forum to remain open for posting? Yes/No"
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 3:19 pm

maybe no " new users " ...
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm

ggriffin wrote:
Yes, and "yes" meant "please don't if it is all the same to you"

And also: "please don't be discouraged that there is so little discussion", things are quiet in Stooge world

I know things are quite in Stooge world, but it was still quiet when Gimme Danger, Total Chaos and One Night at the Whisky came out, and they all came out within 1 year of each other.

Luzern wrote:
Please do not make it read only. This is the best place to discuss The Stooges. The band stopped working and there are no major retrospective releases, so things have gone quiet. But something new could pop up like Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo and then this is the place to discuss it.

P.S.: The question at the top of this thread is misleading/unclear. It should be "Do you want the forum to remain open for posting? Yes/No"

Even with new topics being started, there aren't as many replies as what there used to be. Sometimes there isn't even one reply.

I asked that particular because I thought that many people wouldn't care if it was made ready only because the forum has been pretty dead lately. But it seems the vast majority of people (10/13) want it to remain open to discussion, which is a good thing!

soldier wrote:
maybe   no  " new users " ...

I don't think that is the problem. I think social media is to blame.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 pm

hi , also thinks the question is unclear...what does that mean " do you care " ?
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm

fabrice wrote:
hi , also thinks the question is unclear...what does that mean " do you care " ?

I meant would forum members be annoyed if the forum became read only. They would not be able to start new topics or reply to them anymore if it was read only. I asked if they cared because if I get a majority 'Yes' vote (which currently it is) then I won't do it because the forum members would like it remained open to discussion.

Hope this helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Please don't make it read only, that's not what a forum is. Being able to start new topics and reply to others is essential. Read only would be the death of this great forum.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 3:51 pm

it's clearer now , thanx , I voted Yes , as a read only forum is not a forum anymore !
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Pop Stüge wrote:
Please don't make it read only, that's not what a forum is. Being able to start new topics and reply to others is essential. Read only would be the death of this great forum.

OK Thanks for your opinion. Smile

fabrice wrote:
it's clearer now , thanx , I voted Yes , as a read only forum is not a forum anymore !

True!
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Just a thought: maybe one single, solitary thread for all new (non-photo) items for discussion? Given the band's demise and a (presumably) dry well of unreleased material, there isn't much to discuss and it might make things easier to manage on your end.

My primary interest at this point is the photo thread. Where else could I find the cool recent uploads of Iggy in '66 discussing voting rights? I don't Facebook so this place is my only option.

Whatever your decision, many thanks for keeping this place alive over the years. Your efforts are much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 pm

trailerborn wrote:
Just a thought: maybe one single, solitary thread for all new (non-photo) items for discussion? Given the band's demise and a (presumably) dry well of unreleased material, there isn't much to discuss and  it might make things easier to manage on your end.

My primary interest at this point is the photo thread. Where else could I find the cool recent uploads of Iggy in '66 discussing voting rights? I don't Facebook so this place is my only option.

Whatever your decision, many thanks for keeping this place alive over the years. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Hi Trailerborn,

I don't think that's a good idea because people will then get confused about who is talking about what. and it will get to muddled up.

I actually have a few photos that can be posted in the photo thread, so I'll post them soon! Smile

I don't think I'm going to make it read only seeing as the vast majority of people want it to remain open for discussion. It's good to see that people still want it open. Thanks to everyone who voted yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you care if the forum is made read only?   Do you care if the forum is made read only? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you care if the forum is made read only?
Page 1 of 1