Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asthma Attack - Sweet Jane

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mhb2862

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-08-25

Asthma Attack - Sweet Jane Empty
PostSubject: Asthma Attack - Sweet Jane   Asthma Attack - Sweet Jane Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm

I was listening to Asthma Attack on headphones and, around the last 10 or 15 seconds of the song, you can faintly hear VU's Sweet Jane coming out of the left channel. Anyone know the story on that? It couldn't be part of the original recording, as Asthma Attack was recorded roughly a year before Sweet Jane. Any theories?

Edit: After listening to it again, it appears to be the version of Sweet Jane from the Live at Max's Kansas City album, recorded August 1970 (concurrent with the Loaded album) and released in 1972.

Edit 2: Bill Inglot is credited in remastering the 2004 Rhino reissue of Live at Max's and the 2005 reissue of The Stooges. My guess is Asthma Attack (along with the rest of the material) was transferred from tape to digital around the same time as Max's and there was some bleed through. Or something. I don't know how this stuff works. Interesting then that they sat on Asthma Attack for another 5 years to release it with the super-duper deluxe edition. But it would make sense that it was remastered and transferred at the same time as the Cale mixes, outtakes, and album tracks.
Back to top Go down

Asthma Attack - Sweet Jane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: