Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fun House Recording, Gear Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sabretts

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-05-22

Fun House Recording, Gear Question Empty
PostSubject: Fun House Recording, Gear Question   Fun House Recording, Gear Question Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2024 11:58 pm

Hi there-

I work with a band that's seeking to emulate some sonic qualities of Fun House. As such, I have a pretty niche gear question regarding the recording process of Fun House.

Apparently, vocals were recorded in a somewhat unorthodox manner by placing mics in front of the Elektra studio's PA system.
I'm searching for the specific make and model of that PA system.

Despite this method being unconfirmed, apparently, a picture exist somewhere from that recording process where a PA is pictured in the background. If anyone has that picture or any leads on where to find it, that would be much appreciated.

I have a hunch it might be contained in the photographs from the 50th anniversary Fun House LP box set. (which given it's $500-$1000 price range, I do not own) So if anyone has scans of those photos they could send, that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Fun House Recording, Gear Question   Fun House Recording, Gear Question Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 10:23 pm

It sounds like a great project! FWIW, here's the full artwork from the 50th anniversary box set: https://we.tl/t-D6gC4QAsPg

sabretts likes this post

Back to top Go down
sabretts

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Fun House Recording, Gear Question   Fun House Recording, Gear Question Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2024 7:01 pm

jpstooges wrote:
It sounds like a great project! FWIW, here's the full artwork from the 50th anniversary box set: https://we.tl/t-D6gC4QAsPg

Thanks man!! Very nice of you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun House Recording, Gear Question   Fun House Recording, Gear Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun House Recording, Gear Question
Page 1 of 1