Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

US 2008 tour dates?

Go down 
+5
sickness
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
jimmyo
rokky
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rokky

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-19

US 2008 tour dates? Empty
PostSubject: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:12 am

I looked but saw nothing for now. Any buzz about return gigs for the stooges?
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:15 pm

it's probably a sure thing.

definitely a matter of WHEN, not if.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Yeh, on that NME interview, which you can download as a podcast from itunes, had ig sayin that theyre takin about 5 - 6 months off then get back together where ron n scott will have some new stuff written then theyll get that recorded and promote it with another year of a tour
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Awesome !
Back to top Go down
sickness

sickness

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:19 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Yeh, on that NME interview, which you can download as a podcast from itunes, had ig sayin that theyre takin about 5 - 6 months off then get back together where ron n scott will have some new stuff written then theyll get that recorded and promote it with another year of a tour

hope that this new stuff will be better than the last cd
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 pm

I dunno, sicknes, i thought the weirdenss was a good album, are you basing this on the 12 or 16 song album, cos the last four they left off were amazing, sounds of leather, o solo mio, claustrophobia and a raucous i wanna be your man, but the albums stil good, stll fuckin good u'no - so good it warrants a profanity, lol, but i still think its good, i just want another album!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:02 pm

I dunno, sicknes, i thought the weirdenss was a good album, are you basing this on the 12 or 16 song album, cos the last four they left off were amazing, sounds of leather, o solo mio, claustrophobia and a raucous i wanna be your man, but the albums stil good, stll fuckin good u'no - so good it warrants a profanity, lol, but i still think its good, i just want another album!!!

yeah i agree with you HSJW.

But than an album where you can hear THE BASS and THE VOICE....
Damn I miss that on The Weirdness one!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Yeh spose your right zinzin, but i think that it was deliberate on the original stooges part, i think it was to showcase them, you'no its their return them three, u'no, the ''3 blind mice'' did the production on it so i wouldnt be surprised if that was the answer, i cant think of another reason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Ah I know HSJW...thought the same. But it was no good move for the music!
What do you think how much influence Steve Albini had?
I hope The Stooges don't evolve into one dimensional heavy metal dudes.
Arghhh...that's what ageing can do! Don't wanna think of that.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Haha, yeh, i get ya, i dunno i heard, or read or took in that albini tried something but in the end they took over and he didnt do that much, i still think the albums good, and i have my hi-fi set up so that i get a the proper amount of bass and the rest of the instruments are the same
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Scalzo

Scalzo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 am

The last album grew on me. Certainly not on par with their catalog, but it beat no Stooges record. I'd love to track down those 4 LP bonus tracks. I got one of them as a bonus track from the iTunes store
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 am

dtklamf wrote:
http://www.i94bar.com/newspage.html

That's very interesting...I'll be amazed if they can pull that off! cherry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 am

I'm thinkin' this fall or maybe summer... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:34 am

I'm really happy I bought the LP, as said above the 4 bonus tracks are the best part.
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:53 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
dtklamf wrote:
http://www.i94bar.com/newspage.html

That's very interesting...I'll be amazed if they can pull that off! cherry
i totally agree.

however, i'd say the odds getting anyone TRULY memorable are slim and none.

it's hard to imagine the stooges would be there. but, i guess anything's possible. extemely unlikely, however.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:02 pm

I checked out the link, what am i supposed to be looing at?
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
jimmyo

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:09 pm

I checked out the link, what am i supposed to be looing at?
BOOKIE'S 30TH ANNIVERSARY REUNION SHOWS
Detroit will see the return of some of that city's most important music from one of its most influential venues of the '80s, Bookie's Club 870. Could a celebration of the long-closed venue's 30th anniversary draw some huge names? Read on...

Some thought of the club as "the CBGB of The Midwest", but Bookie's was far more than that. The club was started by members of the punk band The Sillies because there was nowhere in Detroit for bands to play original music. All bars demanded five 45 minute sets of Top 40 radio rock, even issuing required song lists to bands. Smaller national touring acts like The Ramones couldn't even find a place to play in Detroit. Bookie's started on St. Patrick's Day weekend with The Sillies supported by Coldcock and The Denizens. Bars and clubs had one band playing five sets, not three bands each playing their own set of originals. The idea caught on amongst Detroit musicians and underground music fans. The Police, Ultravox, The Dead Boys, The Damned, The Cramps, and others played their first and sometimes only Detroit shows at Bookie's while "local" bands like The Sillies, The Romantics, Destroy All Monsters (ex-MC 5 and Stooges) and Sonic Rendezvous (with Scott Morgan of The Rationals) headlined regularly. Eventually, Iggy Pop did a five-night stint at Bookie's and the J. Geils band played a free show following a three night sellout at Detroit's Pine Knob, with 10,000 people per night. The bar eventually went through a hostile takeover and eventually burned down mysteriously after losing its reputation and its audience.

The two anniversary shows will be held at two different locations. Friday, March 14 will be at The Ritz in Warren, a sprawling 700 seat room that would hold Bookie's three times over.. Saturday, March 15 will be held at The New Way in Ferndale on Woodward, about 4 miles up the road from the original Bookie's location. A film of the original bands that played Bookie's in 1978 and 1979 will open both shows. There will also be a gallery display of original art, photographs, posters, and artifacts on display at The Ritz from the early days of Bookie's.

Negotiations are currently underway to fill out both bills. Considered (but not confirmed) are The Police, The Stooges, and The Romantics. The Police website has already done an interview for a piece on Bookie's for their official website. Corporate sponsorship is more likely to bring back the "big" acts rather than sentimentality, but only time will tell. New acts such as THE PUSSY PIRATES have been invited onto the shows to make this something other than just a nostalgia event. Check www.bookiesclub870.com and www.thesillies.com for breaking news
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:40 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US 2008 tour dates?   US 2008 tour dates? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US 2008 tour dates?
Page 1 of 1