Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Dont Need Any More

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

I Dont Need Any More Empty
PostSubject: I Dont Need Any More   I Dont Need Any More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Hey, just received I Need More, Anne Wehrer and Iggy, does anyone else have this?

Looks reall good too, the photos in it are brilliant, some ive never seen b4, il try n get em scanned r somethin an post em here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I Do Need much More!   I Dont Need Any More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 pm

That's great HSJW, I just got 'I need more' a few weeks ago!

I'm euphoric about the book. Got it from someone who sold it and wrote me that the book isn't that interesting as autobiography and information about Iggy and the Stooges. But I TOTALLY disagree!

After reading the other books: Gimme Danger and Open Up and Bleed this one is givin some perspective from the bottom down.
Even if things aren't completely true.

It'ssuperfun reading this Iggy's style and his point of view in those days. The way he writes (right!) and tells a story is brilliant! With some great points of view on a lot of things. Like the story about his band and about the roadies, about 'being a bunch', the Bishops Family and his fate in the story of Wisconsin. Ah man...to much good heavy stuff to mention.

I don't get it why this book is taken out of print!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I Dont Need Any More   I Dont Need Any More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 5:56 pm

I need more is a great book, also see if you can get The Wild One - true story of Iggy Pop by Per Nilsson they complement each other very well.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: I Dont Need Any More   I Dont Need Any More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Yeh ive read the wild one, a friend had it, its great, pictures are good in it too
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: I Dont Need Any More   I Dont Need Any More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 pm

I NEED MORE is SO funny and sexy and exciting. The pictures are glorious. Iggy should write a follow-up book. I read where he sent in a manuscript to a book company describing sex with the first 52 women he did--VOLUME ONE. And they TURNED IT DOWN! Can you believe it? They said it wasn't suitable for a book. Sounds like a best seller to me. Some of my favorite passages in I Need More:

"We were in Joint in the Woods, and there's this chick hanging around backstage. Like, I'm just trying to concentrate on the gig, right? This chick has this strong perfume on--it's really awful--she's got these really sleazed out brown nylons and is wearing a miniskirt with a garter belt. She was a plump girl, dressed in black with a very fussy blouse and just begging to be fucked. And I know I shouldn't fuck before a gig. I can't help it. So I just take her in the bathroom and lay her down on the floor, you know, and just fuck her. And then I hear from outside, "Come on, Jim." The whole band's laughing and everything."Come on, you're late."

And:

Iggy's father when asked about his son: "I'd rather not open that can of worms. He's our son and we know he's going to be alright."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Dont Need Any More   I Dont Need Any More Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Dont Need Any More
Page 1 of 1