Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

a kind of attraction ...!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

a kind of attraction ...!! Empty
PostSubject: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 pm

OK, I foresee I won't get many replies here but I need to get this off my chest. Am I the only person ever to find Dave Alexander kind of attractive? That gorgeous long orange-brown hair, the sorrowful eyes - that does it for me. Sorry to get all slushy with this topic but maybe there's a fellow-female member who might respond (positively????) Unsure
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 am

well, im a male and i must agree, he is handsome, lol. im just kidding, im not gay
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:02 am

Dave reminds me of a guy I used to work with who looked like he needed to have 10 showers, wash his hair 987656789 times and drench his face in anti ache cream! No offence Dave, You're still cool! It's just unfortunate that you remind me of him. Scared.
Back to top Go down
https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Nadja, Yeah what about the girls on this forum?

I like Dave, but I'm muchmuch more attracted to Iggy or Scotty! Yep
Dave must have been a pretty cool dude although
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:58 pm

Dave I guess is often just regarded as a kind of loser (all his alcohol problems and getting fired and all) and Iggy seems kinda down on him - although Ron generally sticks up for him. Anyway, I really like that 'stray waif' look of his. Also, it's noteworthy that although so much is made of Iggy's wildness and excesses over the years, Dave's the one who ended up dying young - at the rock-iconic age of 27, no less

Last edited by Nadja on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 am

daves bass was so drivey, i dont think the first albums would have been good without him truthfully, a watt in the 70's couldnt have done like dave, i dont think anyone much could have been as good for them as he was, he did a lot of great parts, and was not just solid, he was quite fancy, and very tasteful, especially for wht iggy said " he had a bass and lived down the street, so he was in " ... nonono. he was much more than that, he held the buttom end of that band like no ones business. ron was a good bass player, but didnt have that thick bass souund like dave, it lacked the power needed for the stooges, although he was great.

R.I.P. DAVE Sad

C'mon Ron likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Yeah it's clear Dave has/had quite some influence in the short while he was with The Stooges! He did a supergood thing with his base..wow definitely! And I can imagine that too much cool dudes with an own style doesn't work a band. That's always resulting in bad chemistry.

And man...all that drugs and alcohol and stuff..you can't wipe that out! I mean, the state of those guys was absolutely a wild mess. Their memories must have been drenched in chaos and than all those emotional stuff...So those memories about Dave...hmmm..I don't know. Don't wanna make him bigger than he is. Or fight in 2008, who's influence on what was more important...you know.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:23 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
daves bass was so drivey, i dont think the first albums would have been good without him truthfully, a watt in the 70's couldnt have done like dave, i dont think anyone much could have been as good for them as he was, he did a lot of great parts, and was not just solid, he was quite fancy, and very tasteful, especially for wht iggy said " he had a bass and lived down the street, so he was in " ... nonono. he was much more than that, he held the buttom end of that band like no ones business. ron was a good bass player, but didnt have that thick bass souund like dave, it lacked the power needed for the stooges, although he was great.

R.I.P. DAVE Sad

My thoughts exactly!!!

I wanted to confess my secret crush on him ... ! yeah, maybe that's sad but it's the way it is. And of course I don't know what I would've thought of him if I'd ever actually met him (and vice versa), but as well as admiring his bass-playing (which I really do) I just like a lot of his photos - that kind of haunted look, and the shoulder-length hair which really suited him ...

Anyway, I'll stop raving now silent

... and go back to talking about just the music (or something)
Back to top Go down
littledolll

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-11-23

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 10:36 pm

Agree, Nadjia! He was really cute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a kind of attraction ...!!   a kind of attraction ...!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a kind of attraction ...!!
Page 1 of 1