Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kurtz

kurtz

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-19

How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Empty
PostSubject: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 5:10 am

Tom Petty and his band did a fine job at this year's Super Bowl halftime show, but some people told me they thought it was boring and my teenage daughter had no idea who he was. It was a rather "mellow" halftime show, to be honest.

I was thinking: how about Iggy and the Stooges for next year's Super Bowl halftime? They would REALLY rock the stadium. Iggy could leap into the crowd of fans on the field. He would call the fans up on stage during "No Fun."

A great American rock band playing at America's greatest sporting event.

As for Iggy's tendency towards profanity, they could always put it on a delay and bleep out anything offensive, like they did with the Rolling Stones a couple years ago.

A Stooges halftime show would be amazing. Some may love it, some may hate it, but I'm sure no one would think it was boring.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:57 am

scott thurston was on stage with petty Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:59 am

PS - great idea
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:12 pm

I'd love to see that. But just wait till Iggy starts yelling "GET THE FUCK UP HERE! C'MON GET THE FUCK UP HERE NOW!!" during "Real Cool Time"....
Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:00 am

hey, this thread is making me feel like an ignorant Brit ... (I guess because I AM one) what's the Superbowl all about?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 am

Its like rugby i think, cept 'americanised' lol, its a huge deal, 1 billion ppl watch it per year i think, big deal, they wouldnt get the stooges to play, and im not sure id want them to either u'no, stones did a brilliant job last year wasnt it?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:30 am

superbowl, is a game of football, where a pointed ball object is thrown on a 100 yard field. each team has a side, and score to the other teams side. it's good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:55 pm

Sounds like fun ... I'm a soccer gal myself (watching it, I mean, not playing it). Which teams contest the Superbowl? (then I'll go back to talking music, but there's lots of other interesting things come up on this board)
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 5:20 am

New York Giants Vs. New England Patriots

-- Giants won the game.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:24 pm

GIANTS KICKED ASS!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?   How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about the Stooges for Super Bowl halftime?
Page 1 of 1