Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Wamplers' Lake" bootleg

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lcb

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-21

"Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Empty
PostSubject: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:32 am

I used to have a track by the Psychedelic Stooges, called "Ron's Jam" (IIRC), from an album called, I think, "Live At Wamplers' Lake"

Is this legit? Gawd knows how many mislabelled mp3's are out there. And is it worth trying to track down? The track was...ok: it was very Stooge-ish in its' sound but it also sounded like Ron just got his new Vox wah installed or something....
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Yes. It is from 1968.

2 tracks - "Ron's Jam" & "What You Gonna Do"

These are available on a semi offical release by "Starfighter" and was released around 1991. The disc also includes, 2 tracks cincinatti pop fest 70, and 6 from St.Charles Factory 71(unproperly labeled as kiel auditorim 71).

You can find this disc on ebay everynow and then. I got mine there a couple years ago when this disc was very rare.

Hope this helped ! CHEERS!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:36 pm

Great track and great disk that Starfighter one. What Ya Gonna Do is true punk from 68!
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:24 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Yes. It is from 1968.

2 tracks - "Ron's Jam" & "What You Gonna Do"

These are available on a semi offical release by "Starfighter" and was released around 1991. The disc also includes, 2 tracks cincinatti pop fest 70, and 6 from St.Charles Factory 71(unproperly labeled as kiel auditorim 71).

You can find this disc on ebay everynow and then. I got mine there a couple years ago when this disc was very rare.

Hope this helped ! CHEERS!

No... i's not from 68. It's from 1971 , without Iggy, and was taped by Michael Tipton, the guy who taped Metallic KO. see the notes in OU&B, (page 392 UK!)
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:50 pm

what ya gonna do, and rons jam is from 71 ? ohh, they didnt do wamplers in 71 though ? and that dosent sound like 2 guitars ... are you sure ?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:44 pm

The gig was after the band had been dropped by elektra; they had one gig booked, Iggy and James didn't turn up, so Ron, Scott and jimmy Recca played without them. The singer was a fan who jumped up on stage to help. It's possible the show was a t aclub owned by Punch Andrews, not Wamplers. You'll have to read the book for the full story!!!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:35 pm

It does sound more like 71 stuff and the guy really does sound like Iggy, I always thought it was! - I think there's another longer version of What ya Gonna Do purportedly from Union Ballroom in 68, anyone know where this's really from?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:35 pm

yeah theres 2 what you gonna do's i think.

and i just read that part in the book Paul, thanks for the info and correction !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg   "Wamplers' Lake" bootleg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Wamplers' Lake" bootleg
Page 1 of 1