Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michigan ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angusyd van Hyman

Angusyd van Hyman

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Michigan ... Empty
PostSubject: Michigan ...   Michigan ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:56 pm

I was wondering, did the fact the Stooges lived in Michigan affect their music (and career) in a special way ? I was intrigued by what Iggy said in Please Kill Me : "Ronnie, Scotty and Dave were very good dreamers, which is mostly what my dusty Midwest is all about. The land that time forgot", and the Pete Townshend's quote that followed. So is (was) Michigan so "far" from the "important" cities ? not in terms of distance, but of ideas, propagation of ideas ...

(I felt it was more or less the same situation with Alice Cooper ... Arizona, far from New York and all ; English bands influence but also weird things, weird music... Coincidence ?)
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Michigan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan ...   Michigan ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:50 am

don't know so much about Michigan, never been there (more's the pity) the whole Detroit/Ann Arbor thing is interesting tho, far as I can tell seems to have been a pretty fruitful mix of the industrial and the intellectual, something like that (Detroit being the 'motor city' and Ann Arbor a university town). But I really don't know so much about the industrial connection - my hometown, Glasgow, Scotland, has a great industrial history (was once the shipbuilding capital of the world) but its music sucks!! as does all of what passes for Scottish 'rock', in my opinion.
still maybe it's just a case of the grass being greener on the other side of the fence - er, pond ...
don't think so tho. I genuinely think Scottish rock bands have always been pretty mediocre at best. I would love to be proved wrong!
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Michigan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan ...   Michigan ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Sensational Alex Harvey Band were AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Michigan ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan ...   Michigan ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michigan ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Down on the Street.-
Jump to: