Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Empty
PostSubject: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:31 am

I picked up this album the other day. It's a bootleg of the 1982 Zombie Birdhouse tour. It's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:51 pm

which show ?
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm

If it's the Duffy's in Minneapolis 7th November 1982 show, (which seems to crop up a fair bit) then it was also packaged with a recent reissue of Zombie Birdhouse as a double disc set, although it's still basically a bootleg.
Good, frantic set list. These were actually rather impressive gigs I always think.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:29 pm

It says here "'Recorded Live in Toronto on October 28,1982 during the "Zombie Birdhouse Tour"'.

I doesn't have a lot of info, I don't even know what band is playing. Iggy says Bowie on some song, I think on piano or something.

Tracklist:
The Villagers
Fall In Love With Me
Ordinary Bummer
The Horse Song
Angry Hills
Bulldozer
The Ballad of Cookie McBride
Platonic
Life Of Work
Kill City
Loose
Search & Destroy
Run Like A Villain
Bang Bang
Eat Or Be Eaten
Sixteen
Street Crazies
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:13 pm

That's the one - I got muddled whilst quickly looking at my notes for 1982 - sorry about that folks.
The Minneapolis date is only available as a bootleg and has not been issued as a bonus disc.

The Toronto 28/10/82 show was, I believe broadcast on local TV, hence the relatively good quality recording.
Early bootleg issues of this Toronto gig were often called A Zombie On Stage.

Bowie wasn't in the band. But these excellent guys were -
Rob Duprey - guitar, keyboards
Franke Infante - guitar
Larry Mysliewicz - drums
Michael Page - bass

It's interesting that every track from Zombie Birdhouse was played on this tour at some point (and most gigs contained nearly every song). But absolutely none were ever played in concert again. Shame really, as ZB has some cracking songs.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:23 pm

Thanks!

Yeah I like it a lot. Wish I had more bootlegs from Iggy's solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
eusebioneto

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:37 pm

Is there any bootleg of the '75 show Iggy played with Ray Manzarek?
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:02 pm

There doesn't appear to be any record of the few random shows that Iggy played during the summer of 1974. Shame. I'd be fairly certain that if anything had been taped we'd have heard of it by now. But, hell, you never know!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:34 am

That 82 band was really hot, and the first time I saw Kill City live was this tour. Saw the first date of the tour at City Gardens, Trenton, NJ. I also liked the spoken word intro tape, "There Are Boxes"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell   Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: