Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges and Nico

Go down 
+9
homesickjameswilliamson
Nadja
Funhousehideaway#2
eusebioneto
Paul T
world's forgotten boy
mc
popmansam
Chazz Avery
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

The Stooges and Nico Empty
PostSubject: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:11 am

I've never seen this before. Anyone have details?
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Iggy was doing Nico at the time, she insisted that he be allowed to do the film with her. I think I read a quote from him about this not to long ago.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:16 pm

1968 in the fields nearby Stooge Manor. I think one of the other guys in it is one of the Stooges roadies? John Adams aka the Fellow? I might be completely wrong about this though...

I'd like to see a full length version but have never found one.
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 4:04 pm

is iggy the one with the curly hair and white face?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Yes to everything mc said.

Iggy is wearing white face, which he did on some early Stoges shows... The Fellow has, if i remember right, the moustache.

John Adams, aka The Fellow, aka The Pharoah, is an important figure in the Stooges' history. An intelligent, funny guy, he was the lead roadie, lived in the Fun House, and seems to have been the one turned them on to smack. There's a fair amount about him in the OU&B book...
Back to top Go down
eusebioneto

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:54 pm

It's not element of light. Is Evening of Light, from Nico's The Marble Index album.
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:09 am

I'm fairly sure this clip was shot in the fall of 1968. Probably between October and December. Having grown up 20 miles from Ann Arbor and still living in the state it definitely looks like late fall/early winter, minus the snow. The fact that Ig is still wearing his mime makeup and has curly locks speaks to the fact that this is still early on. They had probably just signed with Electra and had been introduced to John Cale and Nico. From my understanding the band changed gears in November of 1968. They got rid of the mime makeup and drone sound that made up their early works. Starting in late November 1968 they became a more conventional rock band, which makes sense since they were signed already. There's a short write up in the Ann Arbor Argus or another paper at that time that speaks to the transformation, yet it's only a sentence or two. The hairy chested guy with the long locks is definitely John Adams.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:26 pm

You're irght re timing, the band went to NY in November 68, this happened straight after they came back, so it's either late Nov or early Dec. The sequence was filmed by Francois de Menil - his parents were leading Warhol collectors, came from an oil dynasty.

It was filmed in the corn fields behind the Fun House, and shows how it was pretty much set in countryside. Now there's a bank there, it's on the coner Packard and Washtenau, although the next door house and party sotre where they used to buy beer are still there.

Cale had been to AA already, he was there for the recording of Kick OUt THe James... have loved The Stoogs but hated the '5...

EDIt; Stooge Manor and the FUn House were the same place. They used to call it Stooge Manor more, but I always call it the Fun House cos I like the name better. There was another house before that out on Vreeland... I've, er, forgotten what it's called.

Last edited by Paul T on Thu May 01, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Were 'Stooge Manor' and the Fun House two different places then? I always get confused about those 'bandhouses'
didn't Ron try to stay in the Fun House after the others, but he had to leave because it had all been bought up and all?
nice to see those cornfields again!!
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks guys, you told me a lot i didn't know... what the hell did Iggy do to his hair? it was curly and crazy, but from 1970 untill today it's completly straight!...
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:13 pm

world's forgotten boy wrote:
Thanks guys, you told me a lot i didn't know... what the hell did Iggy do to his hair? it was curly and crazy, but from 1970 untill today it's completly straight!...

I've always thought that 'curly' style didn't suit him at all. In fact, half the time I can't recognize him with it.
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Yah, that's true... looks much better whitout it... What he did with it so it did'nt curl anymore must be a iggy secret! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:05 pm

I think Iggy's face also changed in that period
from babyfaced to a skinny guy type
guess the effects of drugs?!?

hah look at Andy Warhol..
how his hair and face changed in a pretty short time
same with Jagger....
must be the drugs and stress coming with it

shocked hair Shocked
get's straight
and is never getting over it...
hahaha
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:41 pm

yeh thats weird, now hat i think of it, cause ppl are born naturally straight or naturally curly, he mustve curled it in the early days or something, in photos from 1974 his hair looks straightened, u'no that hay look so he probly straightens it, i think he dyes it too, not sure, he's naturally brown haired, might just be the miami sun!

also, andy warhol wore wigs, and jagger dyes his hair nowadays, looks good tho, so does richards, and i think ron wood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:08 pm

now we're talking about hair and curls and stuff Very Happy that's fun

HJW only the idea....can't imagine Iggy in front of the mirror with rolling ups, to get curly hair...or how do you call these old fashioned curl up things..hahaha...think he (no guy) didn't had the nerve for such a precise 'job'
yeah...Iggy always looked great..but his image also had this smear quickquick and done thing geek
take my friends hair (a punk from the prehistoric utmost primal time)well...all he did to his hair..you can't even imagine..and yes
it definitely CHANGED...
it even never came back properly...what i wanna say is that working the hair with chemicals used in those days...?
guess Iggy is lucky he still has hair What a Face
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:16 pm

yeh ano! though it seems to be gettin thinner by the year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:01 pm

hahaha HJW..yeah yr right..I'm havin a good time here..discussing Iggy's hair...man...never thought i would do such a thing....guess i'm a freaking total out of my mind fan cheers
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:04 pm

ZinZin wrote:
hahaha HJW..yeah yr right..I'm havin a good time here..discussing Iggy's hair...man...never thought i would do such a thing....guess i'm a freaking total out of my mind fan cheers

well go and make a separate thread for it then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Pissed of Nadja?

ok

back to the topic than...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:08 pm

We probly shud Zin....

So eh....has anyone noticed how much Nicos hair then looks like iggys now?

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Cool lol!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:20 pm

Hey, ZinZin, you're right, I AM pissed off! Well guessed! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:26 pm

ok Nadja
you can make a PISSED OFF thread
I'll join!

HJW can't stop laughing...this was one of your best
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks Zin, lol

Well you guys make a pissed off thread and ill start a neutral thread - unless i have a bad day, then im jumpin ship n joinin u guys! lol

NJW
Neutral James Williamson
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:43 pm

well I guess the only real reason I was pissed off was cos you guys can sit and talk about Iggy's hair while I have to admire Dave's all by myself. OK. So, look out for the new pissed off thread. Unless I wake up in a better mood tomorrow...you never know, that could happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges and Nico
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: