Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges and Nico

Go down 
+9
homesickjameswilliamson
Nadja
Funhousehideaway#2
eusebioneto
Paul T
world's forgotten boy
mc
popmansam
Chazz Avery
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Hey!! Stop being so goddamned motherfucking pissed off!!! Evil or Very Mad Mad

Laughing

At least I'm not the only one who doesn't focus solely on Iggy... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:17 am

Now Loose, that's not the way to STOP me being pissed off...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:19 am

Quote :

At least I'm not the only one who doesn't focus solely on Iggy..

Hold on here, serious point for a moment, so its ok for ppl to go on about other members of the band ad nauseum, but if you're favourite band member happens to be iggy it becomes an annoyance? hmm... little bias or 'fanboy/girl' ism ... i dunno, just sayin lol

iggy is my favourite tho, and the only place i dont go on about him all day long is ironically the board! lol

also on another serious point, nadja u mite wanna do a bit of that thing iggy does that Qi Qong stuff, relaxes him, or meditation (as im sure dave was into it) u seem to be 'pissed' alot when ur on here, not to be a dick or nething, but some posts come across in an annoyed tone, plus things like ''had a bad day'' ''pissed'' etc kinda give away the mood though, lol

SJW
sympathetic james williamson
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:27 am

HJW, if I come across annoyed a lot, I'm sorry for that. I like to have a bit of banter, sometimes, and all I seem to do is annoy people. A lot of times you just seem to pick up on what I'm saying the wrong way, I mean, didn't you notice the little 'smiley' alongside when I said I was 'pissed off', never mind.
certainly don't want to get into any arguments so I just hope you have a good night.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:37 am

I actually was sayin that for you own state of mind you mite think about meditation

also you dont annoy me, you're ok! and i appreciate everyones opinions here (plus i take everything with a pinch of salt, on the board, and in life! lol)

didnt see the smiley thing, sorry, i dont use em and sometimes (maybe wat you pointed out about your statement above) i maybe mistake wat someones mood is cos i dont see it, i never use them myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:44 am

this is crazy!! helloo!

tried
to make a focus on Mike Watt....
it didn't work

and Loose

you have to do more yr best rambling on about Scotty
cuz can't do it on my own...with threads about pounding and photo's and stuff

hej and Nadja you tend to forget: yr not the only one loving Daves Hair,
actually love his spiritual tendency's and BASS stuff too!!

uh..where was this thread about?

We're totally fucking crazy Stooges fans here!!!

-------> Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by ZinZin on Fri May 02, 2008 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:52 am

Quote :
We're totally fucking crazy Stooges fans here!!!

Thats the attitude!! Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:06 am

fans Shocked
can be terrible possessive people
remembering why Dylan started to hate his fans...
wishya all fun
and sleep well
drunken
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:29 am

Nadja wrote:

Oh, ya know I was just playin'... Smile

I was hoping you'd get my smartassicism and chuckle a bit, at least. I tried... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:32 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Quote :

At least I'm not the only one who doesn't focus solely on Iggy..

Hold on here, serious point for a moment, so its ok for ppl to go on about other members of the band ad nauseum, but if you're favourite band member happens to be iggy it becomes an annoyance? hmm... little bias or 'fanboy/girl' ism ... i dunno, just sayin lol

sympathetic james williamson

Sorry, didn't mean to imply the wrong thing here. But most of the talk does seem to focus on Iggy..

Boy am I fuckin' up today. No Embarassed
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:43 am

Lol, nah, i understand, and though the stooges are amazingly brilliant, they only last 6 or so years, after which iggy produced some fuckin amazing music for about 30 years! so we have to dedicate a good bit of time to his genius and survival!

though i have to disagree, i think theres a good balance on the board between ron, scott, dave, iggy, james et al

and in just looking over the topics in JLTS bit of the board the music bit, there are only 3 or 4 topics specifically about iggy solo, the rest is the stooges, i think we strike up a good bit of verse on the stooges all members

its a good thing too, as much as iggy would probly love it, a whole board about just him would get kinda annoyin! the stooges and iggy are part and parcel - i think the phrase is - cant have one without the other as shown in the fact that after all the drugs, and animosity, and blood and sex and violence and no recognition when the started they are still playin together and gettin a wee bit of recognition! lol

HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:52 am

^^^ Points taken, bro.
As a relative Stooges noob, I'm amazed I haven't put my foot in my mouth more here. Laughing

Iggy IS the one with the phenomenal career over the last 40 years, so naturally he's gonna get the most attention. I'm just a biased Asheton fan. (both of 'em)

I've been in one of those fuckin' moods today I guess. Don't mind me. Sorry folks!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:56 am

Lol, we all get those days, i had a bad day, just one of those, fuck i dont even know how to describe it, theyre just shitty days, i hate em, so dont worry, you're automatically forgiven by stooges fans!!

Btw Loose, im listenin to Loose [Take 1] from complete funhouse like you said, and scotty is tearing it up! lol, rons a bit slippy here ad there (spose it is just take 1) but the sound of the guitar is great, and the vocals and call, sounds amazing, i love this boxset!

HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:21 am

Awesome stuff, isn't it? Very Happy

Yeah, Scott really tears it up on that take. Pity he didn't attack the final version as viciously as he did on that one.

So, whatcha think about Iggy's alternate lyrics on the early versions? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:15 am

From the did you know file.
Did you know that the word "Fun House" was written on the ceiling of Iggy's room when he lived in the Fun House's attic.
It was written in crayon, color unknown.
Address was 2666 Packard.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Nadja wrote:

I was hoping you'd get my smartassicism and chuckle a bit, at least. I tried... Embarassed

That's ok, I DID get your 'smartassicism' (great word!) and I appreciate it!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Nadja wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
Nadja wrote:

That's ok, I DID get your 'smartassicism' (great word!) and I appreciate it!
Very Happy

OK cool! I feel better now. Very Happy

Back to your regularly scheduled program...
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:55 am

Nico
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:47 pm

[quote="homesickjameswilliamson"]
Quote :

also on another serious point, nadja u mite wanna do a bit of that thing iggy does that Qi Qong stuff, relaxes him, or meditation [/size]

Just reaching for my hippy bashing stick...
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:15 pm

G,F#,E, this hasn't much to do with anything but just saw you're also in Scotland, that's nice Smile (also think I got your username wrong in another post, apologize for that!)
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:19 pm

It's alright. Good to see I'm not the only one here from Scotland! In case no one has relised my user name's the riff of "I Wanna Be Your Dog". Smile
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:46 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
It's alright. Good to see I'm not the only one here from Scotland! In case no one has relised my user name's the riff of "I Wanna Be Your Dog". Smile

I caught that part. Wink
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Quote :
In case no one has relised my user name's the riff of "I Wanna Be Your Dog"

Quote :
i caught that part

Same here!

also

Quote :
Just reaching for my hippy bashing stick...

its not much a hippy thing (and believe me if it was i'd have my own stick in hand lol, its how iggy stays fit, its more of a yoga, or taibo or watever kinda thing, its basically working out without working out, i think it was wat iggy was doin the morning gerard malanga shot him

i also hate all that hippy bullshit, i was such a hippy at one point in my life, totally into it all the 'narc, the man, grateful dead" shit u'no, what happened? THE FUCKIN STOOGES!!!!! Woke me up completely, brought me into a whole new (and better) 'realm' ill call it of music loving, i love my musical taste atm, not because its anyhting in particular but all ill say is iggy/stooges, stones and dylan, but because ive learnt to appreciate everything, and the stooges got me on that road, because i looked to their influences blues, jazz, dylan, stones, world music, and i love it myself (and keef got me into reggae!) - its a reason ppl dont get my worship of the stooges, cos they have their favourite bands, btu they dont love them, the stooges are me, its like a leg or something, theyre just me in band form!! lol

HJW
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

I caught that part. Wink

I have to admit, I didn't.
Damn, it's ages since I read a music score - I hardly even know my relative majors and minors any more!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:24 pm

I've never been into any hippy stuff. We Will Fall and small doses of Captain Beefheart, Creem and Jimmi Hendrix are as close as I ever got to it. It just bores me where as Stooges stuff makes me just want to jump about like a spastic crappy impersonation of Iggy Pop. Anybody else feel that way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges and Nico
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: