Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges and Nico

Go down 
+9
homesickjameswilliamson
Nadja
Funhousehideaway#2
eusebioneto
Paul T
world's forgotten boy
mc
popmansam
Chazz Avery
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Anything by The Stooges, and the vast majority of Iggy solo I've heard makes me wanna do my spastic crappy impersonation of Iggy too. Laughing

Though there are some early Stooges songs where it'd be just as fun to either pick up a guitar or sit behind the drum kit...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

If I love Jefferson Airplane, Woodstock, Quintessence, Ash Ra Temple, Yahowha 13, etc but the Stooges are my favorite band of all time does that make me a confused hippy? I should also add that I do yoga and would love to be a farmer.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm

If you want to farm soya beans or "happy leafs" then you are defienatly a hippy. If not...your still a hippy but shall only get a nudge from teh hippy stick as you love The Stooges.

So it's all good. Apart from hippys. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:59 pm

mc wrote:
If I love Jefferson Airplane, Woodstock, Quintessence, Ash Ra Temple, Yahowha 13, etc but the Stooges are my favorite band of all time does that make me a confused hippy? I should also add that I do yoga and would love to be a farmer.
hahaha this is fun

Love The Stooges + like Hendrix..Patti Smith Group..PIL (Lyndon)..The Fall..Kraftwerk...Pistols + doin yoga too + eating a lot of soya
Am I a hippy too G.F#.E. Question pirat
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:30 pm

Wouldn't say you are, You like the Pistols, Patti Smith, PIL, The Fall and Kraftwerk as well as The Stoooges...that just means you have a grest taste in music! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:46 pm

To not overly bias my Hippy tendencies I should add I'm also into the Pistols, Buzzcocks, Stranglers, etc - good African music, Cosmic Jazz and fine Classical. It just depends what mood I'm in.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:48 pm

Paul T wrote:
Yes to everything mc said.

Iggy is wearing white face, which he did on some early Stoges shows... The Fellow has, if i remember right, the moustache.

John Adams, aka The Fellow, aka The Pharoah, is an important figure in the Stooges' history. An intelligent, funny guy, he was the lead roadie, lived in the Fun House, and seems to have been the one turned them on to smack. There's a fair amount about him in the OU&B book...

was this footage shot especially for ''an evening of light''promo?
is thre more of this?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 pm

neven wrote:

was this footage shot especially for ''an evening of light''promo?
is thre more of this?
Yes, it was shot specifically as a promo. It was made by Francois de Menil, the scion of a Texas oil family who invested heavily in Warhols. When I spoke to him he reckoned he had the oringla 16mm somewhere, but I suspect it was edited with a razor and there aren't any out-takes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges and Nico   The Stooges and Nico - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges and Nico
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: