Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Values - What Do You Think?

Go down 
+7
J.N
soldier
iggycooper
G, F#, E
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
MJG196
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

New Values - What Do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:34 am

I enjoy it quite a bit. My fave track is "I'm Bored." I absolutely love the drums at the beginning. I suppose my only complaint about the album is that it sounds so "clean."
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:03 am

i love the album, just got into it recently, i used to find it too clean and stuff, but now i actually really like the production on it, i like the cleanliness, lol

i cant stand african man, not at all, but the rest of the albums sold, probly one of my favourites

HJW
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:12 am

It´s a great album. Sometimes my favourite album.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:49 am

Yeah I like it a lot. And when compared to Party it's a masterpiece. Have you heard Happy Man? *shudders*
Back to top Go down
iggycooper

iggycooper

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:29 pm

"New Values" is partly a very good album but no classic like "Lust For Life" or "Zombie Birdhouse" because it contains fillers like "Curiousity" or "How To Fix A Broken Heart".

It's a simple Stones-influenced album with great rock tunes like "Bored" and "Billy Is A Runaway".
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:49 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
i love the album, just got into it recently, i used to find it too clean and stuff, but now i actually really like the production on it, i like the cleanliness, lol

i cant stand african man, not at all, but the rest of the albums sold, probly one of my favourites

HJW

i love africa man ! lol
Back to top Go down
iggycooper

iggycooper

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:59 pm

"African Man" is a funny song but I can't imagine that it sounds good when Iggy would perform it live.
Back to top Go down
J.N

J.N

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:41 pm

In my humble opinion are all the three Arista albums the most underrated albums of all soloalbums Iggy done this far. Great songs that never got in to his live sets, beside a couple of songs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoTKokB3DQ10lxKmXL7WbA/videos?
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Definately my most favorite Iggy's solo album. Tell Me A Story, I'm Bored, Don't Look Down, etc. At least 4 out of 5 stars when it comes to my personal rate Smile

Last edited by JW82 on Thu May 28, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:19 pm

JW82 wrote:
Definately my most favorite Iggy's solo album. Tell Me A Story, I'm Bored, Don't Look Down, etc. At least 4 out of 5 when it comes to my personal rate Smile

Personal rate on his solo works...

1. Lust For Life
2. American Ceasar
3. Avenue B
4. Brick by Brick
5. New Values
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:16 pm

I love it. My fave solo Iggy album. Just love it....!
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Last Great Iggy album!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 pm

world's forgotten boy wrote:
Last Great Iggy album!

seriously, WFB?

american caesur was the last really great iggy album, but, personally, the last great iggy album was preliminaires! i love that album, and if you dont like that, skull ring was a great album as well, obviously not the best, but still a good album

its all personal taste, but i think american caesur was the last great album
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 pm

The last great album, the rest is good after that... I enjoy a lot of stuff after that, but I think it's the overall the last really GREAT iggy record. Later albums had too many fillers!

Yes, Skull Ring and AC are really good albums, but they can get boring after awhile. ‘Blood on your cool’ is a really surprising Iggy song. And it's probably his Coolest and best song in later years. I wish he’d go and do more stuff like that and the other ‘The Trolls’ tracks on Skull Ring which all were really good songs!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 am

yeh it is a great song, i dunno why he or his company thought he needed collaborations, i thought the trolls stuff was the strongest stuff on the album, as good as or better than the stooges stuff, well not little electric chair or skull ring, but better than the other ones, i suppose they arent exactly 'sellable' though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Values - What Do You Think?   New Values - What Do You Think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Values - What Do You Think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: