Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Declaration Of War

Go down 
+3
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
krugersoldier
7 posters
AuthorMessage
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:22 pm

I have a great vinyl album called Declaration Of War I bought about 6 years ago. This came out around the time of the Funhouse box. Is this a promo from rhino or is it a bootleg ? Its a great artifact with brilliant photos and an Elektra label. I think its a bootleg as under band name it says "Da Stooges"
Anyone know the origin of this? pig
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Yeh its like a best of the box thing i think, im pretty sure it official, on the boxset one of the cds is labelled ''da stooges''
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:48 pm

No it´s a bootleg. There´s a welldone bootsingle too, called "Lost in the Future"
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Thanks for the info iggy-fan! I always wanted it, it looks cool

where'd they get the name from, Declaration of War?
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:31 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Thanks for the info iggy-fan! I always wanted it, it looks cool

where'd they get the name from, Declaration of War?

I don´t know really, but can´t it be from the New Order track with the same name?
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:34 am

new order as in rons band? maybe, though thats like calling it electrophonic tonic! lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:46 pm

Declaration of War was released by Rhino, it was a "best of the Fun House sessions" type thing. The album/EP was named after an album by Ron's band, The New Order.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:13 pm

If it was an official Rhino issue wouldn't it be on their website? I always thought it was a well made bootleg.

The discography on Steve Mackay's website describes it as a bootleg too http://www.radoncollective.org/artists/mackay/discog.html

Last edited by Donald on Mon May 26, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelled Steve wrong. Doh!)
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Nope it's defienatly a Rhino handmade release. I don't know why it's not on the site (it was a limited edition). It came out in 2000 and it's category number is RHM2 7707. It's listed in The Complete Iggy Pop.
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:06 am

the lp 'declaration of war ' is 100% unofficial. as well as the 7'' single 'lost in the future' do not be fooled by a bogus catalogue (or is it category) number.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:14 pm

I don't no about the 7" but Declaration Of War is almost certainly a Rhino Handmade release.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:51 pm

It is a bit suspicious that the number is the same as that of the box set. Normally different releases have distinct numbers.
Back to top Go down
regufr

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:34 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Nope it's defienatly a Rhino handmade release. I don't know why it's not on the site (it was a limited edition). It came out in 2000 and it's category number is RHM2 7707. It's listed in The Complete Iggy Pop.

I bought the CD box set at the Rhino website around 2000 by internet and I don't remember seeing this LP listed on their website, what I remember is that approx. 2 months after receiving the box set (if I remember well I placed the order around December and received the box set around February), this LP was listed on EBAY by private dealer or Cie well known for selling boots, so I also think it's a bootleg.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Who owns/owned/sold the rights or watever to rhino, or was it just in the vault at elektra?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Declaration Of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Declaration Of War   Declaration Of War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Declaration Of War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: