Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom

Go down 
+10
JW82
world's forgotten boy
Loose1969
Nadja
ohmygawd
Donald
Chazz Avery
homesickjameswilliamson
eusebioneto
G, F#, E
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Empty
PostSubject: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:46 pm

Does anybody know where I can download these?
Back to top Go down
eusebioneto

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:54 am

Mindroom, as far as I know, is just some drone they play live, I think, before Funhouse/L.A. Blues.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:29 am

Officially, on the LP of the weirdness, its also on punknotprofit website - sorry i cant provide the website i couldnt find it - and you can hear mind room at the start of funhouse on telluric chaos

HJW
Back to top Go down
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:33 am

The fourth track on the LP is a cover of The Beatles' "I Wanna Be Your Man"
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:33 pm

yeh, altho i actually think its a cover of the stones cover, cos the stones is really raucous compared to the pared down beatles original, and i think the stooges are covering the stones one, which is weird, cover a cover, lol

you can buy it on itunes as a 13th track on the weirdness

HJW
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:11 pm

The Stones version isn't a cover as such. It was released about 3 weeks before the Beatles version came out.
Back to top Go down
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Donald wrote:
The Stones version isn't a cover as such. It was released about 3 weeks before the Beatles version came out.
Yeah, Lennon and McCartney actually wrote it FOR The Stones then decided to do it themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:38 pm

I knew it was on the LP and thanks for the link (sort of) Punk Not Profit is a great website.
Back to top Go down
ohmygawd

ohmygawd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:35 pm

yeah, they're awesome bonus tracks, in my opinion better than the whole album (weirdness), theyre kind of rawer. specially claustrophobia is really lovely.
you can download the songs here.

greetings
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:18 pm

The rips on punknootprofit or watever are good, but a bit muddy cos theyre from the lp, does anyone know where you can get good quality rips?
Back to top Go down
ohmygawd

ohmygawd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:29 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
The rips on punknootprofit or watever are good, but a bit muddy...

that's why i like them. scruffy rumbling stooge sound, how it should be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:31 pm

i guess, but i'd like to hear claustrophobia really clearly, the vocals i mean, i remmber reading a review of the LP nad it said he does a great job singing and i cant hear it that well
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:08 pm

ohmygawd wrote:
homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
The rips on punknootprofit or watever are good, but a bit muddy...

that's why i like them. scruffy rumbling stooge sound, how it should be Very Happy

yes indeed, ohmygawd! I agree Smile
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:24 pm

I think O Solo Mio is the best song on The Weirdness. Steve Albani wanted it as an opener but Iggy really wanted a popular album which is why The Weirdness sounds...safe.

Albani wanted the more experimental songs they wrote but Iggy was nearly in tears because The Stooges were hated for so long that he wanted to please all the critics.

It backfired which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:42 pm

I didn't know that Iggy was so desperate to make a 'popular' Stooges album...
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:47 pm

I downloaded all those extras yesterday. Claustrophobia isn't all that to me, but the other three are great. They should have made it to the main cd, especially O Solo Mio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Chazz Avery wrote:
The fourth track on the LP is a cover of The Beatles' "I Wanna Be Your Man"

Iggy was sick of bein the dof so he wanna be your man! Razz

Would be cool to hear this song too...
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:12 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Albani wanted the more experimental songs they wrote but Iggy was nearly in tears because The Stooges were hated for so long that he wanted to please all the critics.

That's interesting. Where did you hear that?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Donald wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

That's interesting. Where did you hear that?

Yes, I was wondering about this too.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:52 pm

And now, here's a little gift for my fellow Stoogeaholics:

O Solo Mio
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8FBIZT6C

Claustrophobia
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XNDB9EAZ

I Wanna Be Your Man
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KANGEOY

Sounds of Leather
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NZ4JEXW4

Enjoy!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:08 pm

'O Solo Mio' is great track. Love that melody played by Ron. The aura is just fantastic Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:28 am

I just heard these extra tracks now. I dont beleive this, they are beter than anything on the original release. Its obvious why Claustrophobia wasnt released, its pure James Williamson, you gotta laugh. Sounds of leather is the best Stooges track since Raw Power, why arent you guys raving about this stuff?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:22 am

We have on other threads. We pretty much agree with waht you've said. O Solo Mio is the stand out track out of all the new Stooges stuff.

Wouldn't say Sounds Of Leather is the best track since Raw Power I preffer, I Got Nothin', Head On and of course Open Up And Bleed.
Back to top Go down
jefftunes

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks for these tracks, have spent a few hours looking for them, nice reward for my hard work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom   O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O Solo Mio, Sounds Of Leather, Claustrophobia and Mindroom
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next