Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007

Go down 
+6
JW82
homesickjameswilliamson
Nadja
G, F#, E
Borntohula
napalm_cheetah
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Empty
PostSubject: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:40 pm

ok than..Ronny and Scotty r talkin in that mojo video; they funkin rock talk!
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Can't help it to think that Ron so often ends up as the side show bob "ron".
The "It's time for dinner" was surely he slapped himself in the face for saying afterwards.
Well at least he's happy about the praise he gets, makes up for that fact he doesn't always sound that inspired. But who blames a man that's old like your father hehe Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Did you guys noticed they were playing 'Search and Destroy' when they came on stage in that Mojo video?!
That must have Pissed Ron off..

Don't know Borntohula..I don't see The Stooges as 'old as your fathers' or as 'old people' as if they start to get retarded...hahaha.....more as cool rocking people who experienced 100 lifetimes in 1..like nobody else. Ron sounds a bit nervous with that diner remark. But I like the other things he said about music! Scotty on the mic is totally ok...dzjee do I love that guy..beautiful voice too
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:51 pm

That was sort of cringing but that was the point. I mean the got a life time acheivement award (about time) and they all confused everyone. Scotty had his little mojo talk and Ron said "Time for dinner", both were embarassing because The Stooges despite the drug and booze excesses were never rock star types apart from Iggy.

These aren't pompous stadium rockers, these are 60 year old guys who are doing the things they love. They didn't go on a big speech, I mean Iggy told them to fuck off, they couldn't give a crap what some small British magazine thinks of them which is why they're joking.

Judging by the presenters nobody (apart from the first guy) knows a thing about them apart from the names of their albums.

And to ZinZin, Ron has said a few times on interveiws how he likes Search And Destroy. That and Penetration are the only Raw Power era songs he likes. Though I do agree they should have played another track.

And what was with the talk about Iggy's solo stuff? Either give the award to The Stooges or Iggy Pop but not both in one!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:09 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
These aren't pompous stadium rockers, these are 60 year old guys who are doing the things they love.

Cheers to that! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

Fuck, you do forget how fuckin amazing that band are dont you? least i do, ever time i go back to them theyre just better than anything before or after

u'no i was in bar with a mate of mine and we were sitting there and i was goin on about the stooges ad nauseum (as usual - they just hear white noise now lol) but yeh nad i was as i always am, blown away by them and was like ''i wish you guys appreciated them more'' and he was like ''well, its not tat we don't, and its not that they arent a good band, its just - i think they started some things and ppl just did it better" - i quickly brushed it away by sayin that that was just based on personal preferance u'no, but really i wanted to laugh in his face, cos he's talkin about like chilis, nirvana, REM etc etc etc (WAY TOO MANY BANDS TO COUNT!!) but amean, yeh theyre all great bands u'no, but compared to the stooges, theyre just dirt (and even thats giving them too much credit by reference!)

Fuck the stooges really are just the fuckin best band ever - i think its some kind of treacle effect, like theres a small group (of millions) who see them for how fuckin amazing and groundbreaking they are and the rest of the world sees them as noise makers or something

though i always amuses me when someone gets into a new band and im just thinkin "influenced by stooges" u'no every fuckin things influenced by the stooges, saw another reference today in the guardian the lead singer of Spiritualized had iggy, john lee hooker and nuggets as his influences, ah the stooges

"We don't hate you, we dont even care"

HJW
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Hahahaha I love when they express their feelings about award - totally punkish attitude! And Iggy's line 'Thank you England...yeah thanks England...ok - fuck off - get out of here - fuck this' and Ron 'It's time for dinner' rotflmao Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
Hahahaha I love when they express their feelings about award - totally punkish attitude! And Iggy's line 'Thank you England...yeah thanks England...ok - fuck off - get out of here - fuck this' and Ron 'It's time for dinner' rotflmao Very Happy

Oh fuck that was funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Both Scott and Ron were in fine form too. Never seen Scott that animated before! Shocked

Great video, I'm keepin ' that one. Thanks for posting it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:08 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Never seen Scott that animated before!

And he took down his cap to greet everybody! I thought that he wore cap because he was balding or something..but actually his hair looked fine...so maybe he wears cap just because he likes it that way Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Jihaaaaa....Homesick!!!

'Fuck the stooges really are just the fuckin best band ever.' !!!!!

G, F#, E wrote:
Though I do agree they should have played another track.
yeah..they shit have.

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
..but actually his hair looked fine...
Wink hejhej...
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:41 am

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
Never seen Scott that animated before!

And he took down his cap to greet everybody! I thought that he wore cap because he was balding or something..but actually his hair looked fine...so maybe he wears cap just because he likes it that way Smile

Nah, Scott isn't bald. I've seen a couple of recent pics without the cap. I just think it keeps his hair outta his face while he's pounding the skins.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:40 am

I dunno, he may have some balding thing goin, cause wearig a hat all the time causes one to go bald and balding causes one to wear a hat all the time, lol (thats serious tho)

HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:29 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
I dunno, he may have some balding thing goin, cause wearig a hat all the time causes one to go bald and balding causes one to wear a hat all the time, lol (thats serious tho)

HJW

Laughing Laughing What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:47 am

Lol, very good Loose

Tho in all seriousness its the balding, well wearing a hat causes balding, therefore because of the balding you wear a hat, so wearing a hat, tho its the cause so i dunno circle of life, lol

tho baldness is heriditary rite? so i dunno i always heard that wearing a hat causes baldnes - and i belive that to be why scott wears a hat

HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:49 am

Lol, very good Loose

Tho in all seriousness its the balding, well wearing a hat causes balding, therefore because of the balding you wear a hat, so wearing a hat, tho its the cause so i dunno circle of life, lol

tho baldness is heriditary rite? so i dunno i always heard that wearing a hat causes baldnes - and i belive that to be why scott wears a hat

HJW

I dunno... all I know is I wear a hat too. Draw your own conclusions... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:08 am

And Ron wears a wig so they are probably both balding.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:45 pm

And Ron wears a wig so they are probably both balding.

I wondered why his hair looked so odd.

"We don't hate you, we dont even care"
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Donald wrote:
And Ron wears a wig

What?! LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:49 pm

nooo! can't be No

What a Face Hair thread?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:52 pm

ZinZin wrote:
nooo! can't be No

What a Face Hair thread?

yup, looks like it's time to head back over there!
like I said on another thread, all the guys seem to be getting in on this hair discussion too!
but if I do go back there y'all know who I'll be raving about...not Iggy or Ron or Scott or even James!!!!!!!!!! Dance
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Nadja wrote:
ZinZin wrote:
nooo! can't be No

What a Face Hair thread?

like I said on another thread, all the guys seem to be getting in on this hair discussion too!
but if I do go back there y'all know who I'll be raving about...not Iggy or Ron or Scott or even James!!!!!!!!!! Dance

Let me guess. Mike Watt, right?

Razz
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:08 pm

Not if you drink green tea or eat soya, that can stop balding.

Today’s comment was sponsored by Oriental Beverages And Tofu Substances Inc. No toupee with green tea. Wink
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:35 pm

G, F#, E wrote:

Not if you drink green tea or eat soya, that can stop balding.

Today’s comment was sponsored by Oriental Beverages And Tofu Substances Inc. No toupee with green tea. Wink

I'll just go bald. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Nadja wrote:
ZinZin wrote:
nooo! can't be No

What a Face Hair thread?

Let me guess. Mike Watt, right?

Razz

hey - you're so FUNNY Loose! drunken

I'll leave you to go on discussing baldness - I'm saving up my energies for this coming Tuesday!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007   The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges: MOJO Lifetime Achievement Award 2007
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: