Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Search and Destroy" in Madrid?

Go down 
+9
Borntohula
Gimme some skin
G, F#, E
Loose1969
TED
world's forgotten boy
homesickjameswilliamson
JW82
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

"Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Empty
PostSubject: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:09 pm

A fan told me that the band played "Search and Destroy" live. I'm just here to see if anyone was there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:44 pm

F*ck Me! I can't believe they really played that! Here are two fan videos of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biq0ezpCXUk shorter one and filmed a bit farther from the stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdQVUZXkVFE&feature=related Search and Destroy in full - however it kinda sucks but only because camera is shaking all the time

Either Iggy persuaded Ashetons to play that gem or they had nothing against it Smile Incredible!

Last edited by JamesWilliamson82 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Are you serious? holy shit can you imagine if they opened us up to that side of the stooges!! and imagine if non stooges fans got a whiff of search!!! fuck i hope this is true, probly BS - how reliable is your source?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:56 pm

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biq0ezpCXUk shorter one and filmed a bit farther from the stage
it's so good their playin Search and Destroy again!!!
and now when there is A.....The Stooges should head to B; the other songs! the whole Raw Power album should be played again! oh yeah! Great to see the audience gettin out of their mind on S.a.D. in that first short video.

i'm curious what the Stooges experience was to play it again for that big crowd..and ofcoarse how Ron experienced it
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Yeah, this is great! hope they will take along some other song, too... like Sick of You, I Got a Right and Raw Power for example... I can just view the second video. Man, it's annoying with that one guy in the crowd singing! And that little solo sucked! Razz... hehe, anyway... loved to see a pro shot of this preformance! Smile
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:10 am

Sounds great, slightly slower and more 'bluesy'
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:29 am

ZinZin wrote:
JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
it's so good their playin Search and Destroy again!!!
and now when there is A.....The Stooges should head to B; the other songs! the whole Raw Power album should be played again! oh yeah! Great to see the audience gettin out of their mind on S.a.D. in that first short video.

i'm curious what the Stooges experience was to play it again for that big crowd..and ofcoarse how Ron experienced it

Easy now! I wouldn't expect the whole RP album to be played. Laughing

However, I'd LOVE it to hear "Sick Of You" played again. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 am

Quote :
hope they will take along some other song, too... like Sick of You, I Got a Right

I never even thought about that, can you imagine hearing Im sick of you!! or i got a right!! you would die, it would just be the ultimate- fuck i cant wait to see them, i cant believe they played search!!!!

i wonder if theres a good sounding recording of this, or hopeuflly someone will make one in a future gig

also are we prematurely freaking out - is this actually in the setlist now or was that a tester or a one off, maybe some rich promoter wanted them to play his favourite song or something? i dunno, amean, i hope they dont just leave it as their only raw power concession because that is a blisteringly good album, franticlly good you could say, and in my opinion as good as stooges, funhouse and weirdness, thats rite, to my ears theyre are each as brilliant as each other - ok maybe not weirdness, but i love it as much as the originals

anyway, i hope they do do sick and even scene of the crime or gimme some skin or something

does anyone know how frequently iggy played these durnig his solo career at gigs, cos i know he played sick of you near the end of his solo stuff with the trolls i think, mite give us a heads up as to wat to expect, i doubt scene of the crime would make an appearance - wow wat about kill city, ron has as much creative input in that as raw power - and they are amazing songs, maybe not festival goers tho

also does anyone - aiming this at Cathy - know if the stooges ever intend a string of indoor gigs, like proper concert type things instead of festivals or open airs? i feel privaleged to have seen them on probably their only indoor gig since the reunion at the Montreux Jazz Festival, but i wanted to know if they ever intend a proper stooges only string of gigs - or is it more psycholoogical playin to an audience that big and outside - maybe iggy needs to feed off this

well thats just ramblings from my excitement at the possiblitiy of hearing search and destory live!!!

HJW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:57 pm

I hoped it so much and expected it a bit that they would play it (thread Ron on Stooges Classics)....like Ron HAD to change his mind for his own, the band and the music's sake!!!.....it's helluva good he did...Ron conquered it...he's my HERO now Very Happy

well cours yr right Loose!!!!! i have to cool down with my wishes Wink buttteh...it's very difficult now!
don't mind to be a wishful thinker..better that than a downer attitude, isn't it?

than for me; Penetration and I Need Somebody..ti follow up Search...uh...and of coarse Sick.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:22 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
i feel privaleged to have seen them on probably their only indoor gig since the reunion at the Montreux Jazz Festival, but i wanted to know if they ever intend a proper stooges only string of gigs - or is it more psycholoogical playin to an audience that big and outside - maybe iggy needs to feed off this

They played one in London, I almost got tickets but they went up to 150 pounds so I just waited and thankfully thy played a bonus gig in Leeds with the tickets costing 30 pounds. Very Happy

Big outdoor gigs pay more than inside gigs which are normally in smaller value. It all comes down to money.

I can't see Ron playing I'm Sick Of You but since I Got A Right was played in 1971 I think he might play it.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm happy they played it and extremely pissed off I won't be able to see them this year even more now.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Listen to Ron! He's a fucking mountain moving whenever he feels like it, and he does it by playing guitar.
Must have been more or less surrealistic being there and suddenly hear that they do search and destroy!
I want to hear them now! LIVE LIVE LIVE!!!
Imagine if they would do the song with a sax in it!!! !!!
God damned best live version I'v heard. Ron must be one of the thickest ones on guitar there is!
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Way to go Ron! I heard that Iggy was trying to persuade him to do the song almost exactly one year ago, finally they made it....
Back to top Go down
J.N

J.N

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:48 pm

About time! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoTKokB3DQ10lxKmXL7WbA/videos?
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Borntohula wrote:
Listen to Ron! He's a fucking mountain moving whenever he feels like it, and he does it by playing guitar.
Must have been more or less surrealistic being there and suddenly hear that they do search and destroy!
I want to hear them now! LIVE LIVE LIVE!!!
Imagine if they would do the song with a sax in it!!! !!!
God damned best live version I'v heard. Ron must be one of the thickest ones on guitar there is!

'surrealistic' is the right word! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:46 pm

world's forgotten boy wrote:
And that little solo sucked! Razz

Well, I think he could have played James' one but...he didn't write 'Search and Destroy' so he can make his own version of that tracks' solo. Although I would like to hear Ron playing James' solo, because this is the classic one! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:20 am

But it's been covered SO many times, I like the variation of it. After all The Stooges were a different band in 1973 compared to how they were in 1970. And I agree with Borntohula I'd LOVE to hear Steve Mackay play sax in it. Did anybody else see Friday Night With Jonathan Ross where they played I Wanna Be Your Dog? They had sax in it and for me it was as good as the album version if not better.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
But it's been covered SO many times, I like the variation of it. After all The Stooges were a different band in 1973 compared to how they were in 1970.

I think it will be the usual fare that Ron needs some time with the song before it sounds really mega. It took a while for them to get Little electric chairs and skull ring to sound full on. But then, this version sounded very spot on.
Seriously. The sound of ron playing it is bigger than the live bootlegs with or any cover that's been made. Every cover I'v heard sounds like they try to make it sound "punky" instead of hard as the stooges.

And now since we have search and destroy. Where's penetration, which Ron also likes...
And yeah, anyone else think S & D should be on the new album or something? Should help them getting there Stooges shit together for real and make it all sound like bloody murder, good murder.
Imagine that Idea of fun spawned trollin, imagine then what follow S & D affraid
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:20 pm

Fuck yeah. and woo hoo. I'm glad they decided to play this. Much respect to Ron. It's part (along with the album) of his bands history and he's man enough not to deprive fans of what they want. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Search and Destroy" in Madrid?   "Search and Destroy" in Madrid? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Search and Destroy" in Madrid?
Page 1 of 1