Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Madrid Setlist

Go down 
+5
G, F#, E
Donald
adams66
Nadja
rc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rc

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Ok it took some time but here is the setlist including the "surprise" they didn't play Cool

Loose
Down On The Streets
I Wanna Be Your Dog
TV Eye
Dirt
Real Cool Time
No Fun
I got a right (didn't get played)
LA Blues
Mindroom
Fun House
Skull Ring
My Idea of fun
Search & Destroy
Little Electric Chair

Last edited by rc on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:45 pm

hmm...not bad!
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks very much rc.
It's basically the same old set that we've had for the past 5 years isn't it? With the obvious welcome addition of "Search And Destroy" - and now the mystery of the second 'surprise' track is out!
But I wonder why "I Got A Right" wasn't played?
Only one Wierdness song again, and still no new tracks.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:02 pm

so, what of the future? is there going a deluge of Raw-Power-era songs, or are they going to do it little by little or not really expand at all? and what about 'new' songs? Ron reportedly wrote lots around the time of the Weirdness but even that's more than a year ago now. Guess we can only wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:39 pm

Seems a bit odd after 1970. LA Blues followed by Mindroom? Where did this setlist come from?

I've just checked on http://hootpage.com/hoot_stoogestourdiary2008a.html
and it would appear that the order is
Mindroom
Fun House
LA Blues

Watt also confirms that Ron thought they were going to play I Got a Right but Iggy dropped it.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:59 pm

So the secret is out. I Got A Right my favourite Williamson era song and Search & Destroy is my second favourite. DAMN! They better have a UK date which isn't a festival again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Seriously. If they had played I got a right... What the fuck. They seriously are the best motherfucking band there is.
There's no doubt any longer.
Fucking hell, fucking shit! I need to see them soon enough to get my share!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:11 am

So i got a right eh? wow, that would be mind blowing, i wonder why they dont change the setlist, well i suppose theres only so many songs so anyway u look at it theres only like 3 variations, altho now that theyre starting to do 1971/2 ones it should shake up within the next year or so
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:56 am

Yeah, I would like to hear more newer songs as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Happiness   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 am

I'm surprised the other new comer in the setlist is not Raw Power but that's still the hell of a great setlist ! First of all because they droped Double Dog - and even tho the 2 versions where different I thought it was silly to play 2 times the same song instead of another treasure, and then because they kept Idea of Fun.

The only song that totally does NOT fit is Skull Ring. Who loves this song anyway ? It's a bit like Cold Metal during The Trolls area... it's a kind of "ending" song that noone likes before the encore. Noww I just hope they really play Search and Got a right this summer since they didn't follow the setlist last summer (didn't play Fried, Money and ATM on most dates).

Gui
Back to top Go down
http://www.iggy-pop.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:23 pm

i like skull ring, esp live, it never sounded good to me on the record, but when i heard it live i was really into it, its great on telluric chaos
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:48 pm

I really like Skull Ring but I can't stand Dead Rock Star which everyone else seems to like. I also quite like Loser until it gets near the end of the song, the "there's a botomless pit and you got me in it" chorus bit I think is especially good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Madrid Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid Setlist   Madrid Setlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madrid Setlist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Scene of the Crime. :: Reunion 2003 - 2008-
Jump to: