Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DUBLIN 08

Go down 
+6
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
Parry The Wind High, Low
adams66
Donald
Paddy08
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paddy08

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-20

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Anyone heading to the gig tonight?
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 pm

SETLIST

Loose
Down on the street
Wanna be your dog
TV Eye
Dirt
Real Cool Time
No Fun
Mindroom
Fun House / LA
Skull Ring
My Idea Of Fun
Search And Destroy
-----------------------
I Got a Right
I'm Fried
Electric Chair.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:00 pm

Great set list. What about the gig?
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Gig was really good band were well into it and seemed to enjoy themselves. Security were fuckin wankers though lots of digs and punches for crowdsurfers. Mike watt was amazing...
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Good to see a few recent tunes hanging on in there. I wish they'd play more from The Weirdness though - many of those tunes are so much better in concert.
Cheers,
R
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Yep agree totally.
Back to top Go down

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm

was there a stage invasion by fans possible?
cuz at Isle of Wight; nope
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Yep bout 10 people made it up. It was at this point the security started knocking heads.
Back to top Go down

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:47 pm

oh..only 10 dzjeeee!...you didn't make it?
shame..bloody security..wasn't iggy walking around commanding the security to let the people go?
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm

No Iggy was back up onstage I didnt get ther but did end punching a security guard for giving a girl a bloody nose.
Back to top Go down
Parry The Wind High, Low

Parry The Wind High, Low

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-11

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Ah brilliant gig. I heard off someone that the attendance was only one third of the capacity - so only about 4,000 turned out. Not that bad I suppose when you remember it was a Monday night.

Didn't hear many Stiff Little Fingers songs, while although I like the Kills, the sound seemed really poor and I could barely hear anything their singer was saying.

Right before the Stooges started I was shocking those around me by maintaining that Search & Destroy had been added to the setlist in recent weeks, although some still doubted me. Very Happy Then Mike Watt suddenly raced in and the place went fecking mental. The part in DOTS with "No Walls!" was extraordinary, every person there was screaming along to it, and Ron's playing was perfect as always.

Was it just me or was Steve's saxophone sounding really quiet?

I've never been to a gig with that much moshing and crowd surfing - pure mental and amazing!

I'm Fried? Haven't heard that song (guess it's off the Weirdness, really need to get that) and don't remember it being played. Bad memory :s I Got A Right was class also, didn't think so many would know the lyrics!

Overall an amazing concert, hands are swollen and I think I might've bruised some ribs but it was worth it. Long live the Stooges.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:51 am

Amazing show, im fried wasnt played, but amazing show, everyone was on too form, esp ron, sound wasnt brilliant, well soundwise it was brilliant but iggy even told the roadie to turn up the guitar - mustve been a new roadie cos they started i got a right (fuckin amazing btw, sang along to every word anf just jumpin around and everything, it was brilliant, same with search, that was one of the best things ive heard live - made me appreciate the words again, amazing lyrics) but they started i got a right, and iggy said ''wow, wow gys, and pointed to the guitar jack thing, and the roadie bolted over and plugged ron in

and they also for got to put the sax mic on at the start, otherwise amazing gig

yeh, securitys probly caught on to the whole stage invasions and dont let it happen ne more, might have come from a higher power - above the band even - becasue im sure its a health risk, hence it being so shocking when they started doing it

i think they only allow small groups of ppl, cos iggy was goin along the front row saying ''him...him'' etc and pointing at specific ppl who they let up and i think helped up, i wasnt close enuff, just behind two ppl at the time

it was actually really funny, cos the whole thing security were bastards and punching ppl who crowd surfed and tried to pull them into the bit b4 the stage, and then wen ppl wanted onstage they punched them and pushed them back into the crowd, ironic or wat, lol

otherwise amazing, even alison mosshart from the kills (who were brilliant as well - btw i heard the singing perfectly) was in the middle of the invasion along with their roadie, looked fun - bastards! lol

brilliant gig tho - unfortunately stooges still cant headline (i hope loaded in the park is better) but they were amazing, it was a little strange seeing them this time, as the first time i couldnt believe it was iggy, same with the stones i just remember goin ''is that keith, no way" it was so unbelievable u'no - same with the first tie i saw stooges, but this time they were just as good soundwise, it was brilliant and search and i got a right were amazing inclusions and im really glad tehy played so much recent stuff too like electric chair, idea of fun, skull rings etc

HJW
Back to top Go down

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:51 pm

great review HSJW thanks a lot..with the own experienced gig I can imagine totally how it was...great!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Parry The Wind High, Low wrote:

Right before the Stooges started I was shocking those around me by maintaining that Search & Destroy had been added to the setlist in recent weeks, although some still doubted me. Very Happy .

well you were proved right with a vengeance Parry! Very Happy
good review thanks
and that 'no walls' bit - must've been electrifying! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-09-16

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:23 pm

There's "always" songs on the paper version of the setlist that they don't play =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.iggy-pop.com
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:12 am

This is true. I wish they would play "Ann," and put "Little Doll" back into the set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Parry The Wind High, Low

Parry The Wind High, Low

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:31 am

The whole gig was electrifying! Smile

At the end of the gig I landed beside some German fellow who was at the front, he complained about the set, saying it was too short and not value for money. Poor man. Huh?

I Wanna Be Your Dog

Iggy... being Iggy

DUBLIN 08 7721524a8047733100l
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-09-16

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:04 am

Everyone always complain about the lengh of his gigs. Fuck it, I'd better pay 50 euros for a 1h killer show and have the time of my life than yawning for 3 hours at a The Cure gig Smile hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.iggy-pop.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:53 am

i dunno what ppl mean, it feels like its two hours long, its the strangest thing, i love the kills and thought theres was too short and wished they went on for another hour, then the stooges came on, and they are literally timeless, you're just not aware of time at all, its just the perfect amount of time, the guys just selfish, who measures money by time, its money by happiness

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Parry The Wind High, Low

Parry The Wind High, Low

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:12 am

Well put. Weird thing - when chattin to that guy i recognised and met someone from bebo who a few weeks back enquired about a spare ticket i had advertised Surprised Smile

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/wild-child-is-no-fun-in-a-genteel-garden-1413465.html
Quote :

IN music, location can be everything. How good it would have been to see Iggy Pop and his original proto-punk mates play a small, sweaty indoor venue?

The genteel surroundings of the Royal Hospital gardens are hardly the ideal ingredients for an incendiary gig. Because when Pop (left), brothers Ron and Scott Asheton and relative newcomer Mike Watt are in form, they can be truly memorable.

Tonight, the rather subdued crowd seem to imbue the band with a sense of ennui. They gallop through old favourites like '1969', 'I Wanna Be Your Dog', 'No Fun' and more recent, post-reformation material such as 'My Idea Of Fun', but it doesn't quite click.

While there are glimpses of their primal best, a good chunk of the performance seems somewhat subdued and safe -- not words one would usually associate with these most influential of musicians.

Compared to previous Dublin visits, Pop is comparatively restrained and even the group of fans who are invited on stage leap around with all the gusto of a team of accountants at a team-building weekend.

Naked to the waist, as usual, he does his best to generate the illusion of danger, but he doesn't succeed. Still, at 61, he's got more energy than most frontmen half his age.

The set lasts just short of 70 minutes and shoehorns practically every Stooges song of note into its runtime. Despite fleeting brilliance, though, the experience remains a frustratingly insipid one.

- John Meagher

I agree that an inside venue would have been cool but a frustrating experience? confused scratch
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 am

Quote :
Tonight, the rather subdued crowd seem to imbue the band with a sense of ennui. They gallop through old favourites like '1969', 'I Wanna Be Your Dog', 'No Fun' and more recent, post-reformation material such as 'My Idea Of Fun', but it doesn't quite click.

While there are glimpses of their primal best, a good chunk of the performance seems somewhat subdued and safe -- not words one would usually associate with these most influential of musicians.

when i read stuff like this, it makes me wonder--with so few changes in the basic setlist over the past 5 years (notable exception, last year's US spring gigs with more "Wierdness" material)--on certain nights, do some people in the audience get the impression the stooges are "phoning it in"?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:08 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
This is true. I wish they would play "Ann," and put "Little Doll" back into the set.

hmmm, wonder why they don't?
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Thats savage footage of Dog. Have you got anymore from the gig?
Back to top Go down
Parry The Wind High, Low

Parry The Wind High, Low

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:40 pm

can't find any more videos of the gig... Sad
Back to top Go down

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Hail to the Irish fans!!
Here's a small part quoted fron Mike Watts diary about the Dublin gig. :

"..we do a good version of "I gotta right" and the irish cats are so into it - they have all gig, what righteous folks. ig thanks them much coming, for being here and we finish up w/"little electric chair" which later ig tells us he felt "a real physical response from the crowd" and I tell you, it was way fun to play.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DUBLIN 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUBLIN 08   DUBLIN 08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUBLIN 08
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Scene of the Crime. :: Reunion 2003 - 2008-
Jump to: