Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

best sounding "I Got a Right"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rnranimal

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-29

best sounding "I Got a Right"? Empty
PostSubject: best sounding "I Got a Right"?   best sounding "I Got a Right"? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:16 am

I've been comparing various CDs with this track looking for the best quality (or most faithful sound to the original single). So far I've listened to the Bomp "I Got a Right" CD, Iggy Anthology, Year of the Iguana and Heavy Liquid. Heavy Liquid doesn't include the same take as the single, so it's out. Year of the Iguana is the only one not vinyl sourced, but has the most unpleasant sound of them. The Iggy Anthology has the most listenable version, but has been sourced from the Bomp "I Got a Right" CD and re-eq'd to not be so thin and harsh sounding. Likewise, Gimme Some Skin on the Anthology is also sourced from the Bomp CD (track 9, which seems to be a better sounding copy of track 8 rather than a different mix).

Anyway, this happens to be something I'm obessed with at the moment and would love to hear anyone else's opinions. Also, if anyone has the original vinyl single and could post a clip of each side, that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: best sounding "I Got a Right"?   best sounding "I Got a Right"? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 pm

The Italian 'Get Back' label have just released a comp called Gimme Some Skin which has I got a Right on it. It's a nice little comp if you don't have Wild Love (bomp) or Born in A Trailer (revenge), I don't know what the source of I got a Right is but you might want to check it out.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: best sounding "I Got a Right"?   best sounding "I Got a Right"? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:06 pm

i love the i got a right and gimme some skin version on that compliation (also has rock action) godfathers of LA Rock

theyre like iggys mix of raw power, really in the red kinda thing, sounds great!

and the one on the easyaction Extended Play is great has two vocals which is cool
Back to top Go down
Chemmy

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: best sounding "I Got a Right"?   best sounding "I Got a Right"? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:56 pm

i have the heavy liquid boxset and the best version on that imo is the one where iggy confusingly shgouts 'gimme some skin, baby!' at the start.... apart from that my favourite version is on the 'nuggets' cd, its just pretty damn heavy!
and also just because you can never have enough of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnXzByVLT7o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best sounding "I Got a Right"?   best sounding "I Got a Right"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best sounding "I Got a Right"?
Page 1 of 1