Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get Loaded In The Park

Go down 
+8
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
Steve
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Donald
mc
Borntohula
EmmaUK
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 am

Also i remember them playing:

(This isn't the actual order, just a list in my memory)

Loose
I Got A Right
Search and Destroy
Funhouse
Little Doll
Skull Ring
Mindroom
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Real Cool Time
No Fun
TV Eye
Down On The Street? - I Think
My Idea Of Fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Emma, SO good to hear this all from ya...not hurt or something! Sounds as an amazing experience!!!!
And thnx yr giving us this report and sort of a setlist.
not much change i see....so the speciality announced earlier...was Search and I got a Right.

ah...the fans need to get ALL in front despite the stupid crowd surfers..cuz there it really happens..the interaction between the band and the crowd!!! What makes The Stooges so unique. I hate festivals..cuz of the mix with other bands fans Mad Wish The Stooges stopped doin festivals!!!

Emma, think you did well to stay behind the barrier. On stage Iggy's not much making physical contact ofcoarse...especially not with the girls..I once saw a woman didn't want to let him go...brrrrr...though if yr behind the barrier in the front row...yeah...there he's checkin out where the real fans and nice girls 'r standing to get 'in touch' with. Sounds maybe extreme/girly to the ones who did'nt experience...but I guess you must be fuckin in heaven Emma!!!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:43 pm

Don't forget Little Electric Chair.

My wife and daughter caught a bit of the Gossip's set and Beth Ditto was singing the words to I Wanna Be Your Dog over the top of Standing In the Way of Control.
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm

I am still in heaven! Haha

I'm still hurting today, glad my foot didn't get even more wrecked though cos i have a sprained ankle that i injured from going too crazy at a gig about a month ago - still hasnt healed. I was praying it didn't get worse at Iggy but it seems alright.

Donald reminded me, i noticed Beth Ditto watching The Stooges at the side of the stage when they were finishing, seems she's a fan!
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Photos:

Some were dark or really blurred so i uploaded any decentish ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry if theyre too big.

Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:19 pm

A few great one's there Emma - cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Yah...great sweaty dark atmosphere!!! thnx thnx!
Back to top Go down
Angusyd van Hyman

Angusyd van Hyman

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks for the cool reviews and photos !

No, they souldn't stop doing festivals ... cause I got a lot more chances to see the Stooges at a festival than at a "normal" venue... Wish they culd play at the Eurockéennes ...
(ok, it's egoist, but I can't help Smile )
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 am

Hey y'all, here's a little recap of Get Loaded:

http://www.iggypop.org/iggynews.html

It's your first time Emma? OMG Irving Plaza in "99 -- Ave B tour -- my first time:) After the first night mosh pit of a 2 night run, the doorman said i didn't look like the same person (having cased the joint seeing Souxsie the night before) In the middle of the craziness -- Iggy surfing -- see my guy up in the VIP section talking to Joey Ramone, and find out later the opening act had offfered him a backstage pass and he didn't take it, the non iggy fan fool!!! The 2nd night I helped pull Iggy up into the balcony from the Marshalls, the crowd just surged forward to get him -- and he swung around and around on a pipe up there near the ceiling. Security and his son Eric and Jos were beside themselves! He looked around figuring how to get back, and by that time security was motioning him towards stairs, but he's bellowing"NOOOOOOOOO!" and jumps all the way back down to the stage! The crowd surges forward trying to take my place and a guy I met there pushed em back for me. Punk chivalry, haha!

Getting carried away here:) and loving it! geek

cb
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:22 am

That sounded like a great gig!

Get Loaded was the 2nd time i've seen the Stooges though, i always get carried away when i tell people about when i've seen the Stooges Haha. Their gigs are just so exciting.
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:17 pm

cb wrote:
Hey y'all, here's a little recap of Get Loaded:

http://www.iggypop.org/iggynews.html

It's nice to see a review by somebody who understands why they didn't do Lust For Life or The Passenger Cathy. This is a contrast to the review in the Sun you had a link to once which claimed he did those songs at Reading in 2005, clearly the reviewer had no idea and probably hadn't actually seen them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:30 pm

I'm surprised that Rick Person mentions it in his interview; lust for life and passenger!! kind of stupid..it 'll confuse the readers.
Rick Pearson should know or for better maybe explain that they 'r ONLY doin Stooges stuff.

cb your story; great to read!
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Er, that's what he did Zin scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Donald wrote:
Er, that's what he did Zin scratch
I see...hmmm...than prob. I understand it wrong.
Rick says: "As this was very much Iggy Pop and The Stooges, there was no airing for Lust For Life or The Passenger — the two highlights from Pop’s solo
career"

As i understand this...it's a comment on a possible question or remark.
But it's not necessary to make the comment..cuz is it an issue?

anyway...if Rick is clear enough to you people > than it's fine to me
my apology
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:47 pm

ZinZin wrote:
But it's not necessary to make the comment..cuz is it an issue?

It might explain why he didn't do that to people who don't understand the difference between Iggy Pop and Iggy and the Stooges. Most people I know who have seen the Stooges have not understood why he hasn't done The Passenger. It's not an issue for us because we know. There are a lot of people out there who like Iggy but don't follow his career as closely as we do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:19 pm

yeah I know...

this 'll get into the same discussion..earlier on the forum; should they performe as Iggy & The Stooges or only as The Stooges
when you mention both names i think it's obvious people also expect to hear Iggy songs + the confusion will keep on livin. But as everybody knows..The Stooges probably won't be recognized as group by the mass..to sell out as headliners...etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:23 pm

They played the Fun House show at Hammersmith Apollo as The Stooges and one of my friends asked me whether Iggy would be playing before he bought his ticket.
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:33 am

I remembered earlier, outside the arena/site on signs it said the show was gonna be "Officially Recorded", Not sure what for though. I didn't see any video cameras except one recording some mainstage stuff when The Stooges were on and of the crowd. Wonder what it was for.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 pm

cool, we may get another live album out of it

i havent heard the one from Lokerse is it any good? quality/performance wise?

the telluric chaos one was decent, the performance was good, quality wasnt amazing ,i think it used to be a bootleg or something
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:20 am

Sorry, i meant recorded as in filmed, should've made it clearer before.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:27 am

serious? wow maybe another live DVD, so soon after escaped maniacs? and with probly neglible differences in setlists (i spose despite fuckin search and right!!!)

weird, maybe they just meant its recorded anyway, they never said montreux was gunna be recorded but it was, professsionally i mean

i think the stones record everything, well they record it as in audio, but still maybe its for posterity or something
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:53 pm

I just noticed this gig was a personal landmark. My 10th Stooges gig cheers
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:15 pm

wow 10th! well done donald, when were ythey all - and do u still have the tickets?
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks homesick, here's my list:

5-6-2004 - Download, Donington
8-7-2004 - Le Zenith, Paris
28-8-2005 - Reading Festival
30-8-2005 - London Hammersmith Apollo
10-12-2006 - Butlin's, Minehead
20-6-2007 - London Royal Festival Hall
3-7-2007 - Paris Palais Des Sports
19-8-2007 - Chelmsford V2007
31-8-2007 - Leeds Harewood House
24-8-2008 - Clapham Common Get Loaded in the Park

I've got most of the tickets but as you can see some of them are festivals so don't mention the Stooges and I think they took my ticket off me on the way into Harewood House.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:05 pm

Yeah at Harewood House they put them into black bin bags.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Loaded In The Park   Get Loaded In The Park - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Loaded In The Park
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Scene of the Crime. :: Reunion 2003 - 2008-
Jump to: