Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Pop, Monster Man

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Iggy Pop, Monster Man Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:17 pm

hey just looking thru amazon, at iggy pop and singles specifially, cs i want all the 'bsides' and stuff

anyway, found one called ''Monster Men"

typically since its obscure theres no information on it

so can anyone enlighten me?

thanks,
HJW
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:19 pm

just found one called Heart is Saved, again any info in terms of when it was released, for which album - where i can get a copy etc

(i know Heart is Saved is on NLD, just want to know if there was a non-album bside song on it, theres also a Heart is Saved EP apparently)

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:20 pm

found another signle called We Have All The Time - again no info on time of release or anything

if you can help
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:59 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
hey just looking thru amazon, at iggy pop and singles specifially, cs i want all the 'bsides' and stuff

anyway, found one called ''Monster Men"

typically since its obscure theres no information on it

so can anyone enlighten me?

thanks,
HJW

Monster Men is a pretty odd song Iggy made for a cartoon series called "Space Goofs". Essentially it was a theme song. The full version was released as a single which you can hear here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWV9EaZgOI
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:01 am

found another signle called We Have All The Time - again no info on time of release or anything

if you can help

Its a cover of a James Bond song Iggy did for a James Bond covers album called "Shaken Not Stirred". Wink
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:06 am

just found one called Heart is Saved, again any info in terms of when it was released, for which album - where i can get a copy etc

(i know Heart is Saved is on NLD, just want to know if there was a non-album bside song on it, theres also a Heart is Saved EP apparently)

There was an EP and a 1 track single. On both of them "Heart is Saved" is the same version as the one on "Naughtie Little Doggie". On the EP as well as "Heart Is Saved" there is "(Get Up I Fell Like A) Sex Machine" and live versions of "Hate" and "The Passenger".
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 am

wow thanks G, interesting

yeh i've heard that space goofs thing

james bond cover? lol have to look that up, can you get it on itunes, or will ui have to buy this thing? - if i can find, or can someone post it?

yeh sex machine is on another single, i thin it was passenger or lust for life -any good?

also are those versions of hate and passenger ne good, good enuff to look for this?

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:31 pm

wow thanks G, interesting

No problem. Very Happy

james bond cover? lol have to look that up, can you get it on itunes, or will ui have to buy this thing? - if i can find, or can someone post it?

You can get it on iTunes though I was wrong about the title its called "Shaken and Stirred - The David Arnold James Bond Project".

yeh sex machine is on another single, i thin it was passenger or lust for life -any good?

It was a b-side on the reissue of “Lust For Life”. It’s a really good cover. Well, I think so anyway Very Happy

also are those versions of hate and passenger ne good, good enuff to look for this?

They’re not necessary if you have live versions of them anyway but they’re good if you don’t. They’re either from the 1993 or 1994 American Caesar tours.

Last edited by G, F#, E on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:46 pm

again thanks G, can you get that cover of sex machine on itunes, i wanna hear it now
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Sadly you cant get it on iTunes. Sad
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:47 pm

theres a lust for life single with it on amazon for like £2, ill get that

i bought we have all the time in the world, hauntingly beautiful

great vocals by iggy -when was this recording/released?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:52 pm

1997 he also released a duet of "I'll Be Seing You" on a French album called "Jazz a Saint Germain".
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 pm

where can u get that?

actually, can some one post like all bsides, soundtrack songs etc and like collaborations or u'no guest singing i mean, all those
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:49 pm

That sounds like an excellent idea for a new thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:52 pm

well ive just discovered loads looking through itunes alone, so ill post those and well get the thread up

plus i think richard adams or someone posted something to that effect a while back, all those bside kinda things so ill look for that and repost it in the new thread!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:33 am

he's worked with

rob zombie
francoise hardy

worked on a thing called the end of law by hashineen, with william bourroughs - and loads more, i dunno how we'l be able to track all this but i think we should try to make a complete list of these "peripheral songs" ...for future generations, lol

tho i think we should make a complete list, for posterity, but also as fans, we wanna be as fanatical as possible to him/this band - we' re nothin compared to dylan fans, theyre fuckin crazy for dylan!!

(me too, but havent got it that bad lol)

just downloaded arizona dream, its good
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 am

Love this show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop, Monster Man   Iggy Pop, Monster Man Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop, Monster Man
Page 1 of 1