Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy on simpsons?

Go down 
+4
Nadja
G, F#, E
heavy liquid
homesickjameswilliamson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:13 am

watched the stones on simposon earlier today, and it was great, well the stones bit, they acted it well, i was just wondering, i wonder whether iggy/stooges will ever do it, i spose its not their thing, plus simpsons suck, at least the new ones, so maybe they shudnt, but it would be cool to see all the same

and hpefully theyd use iggy properly instead of a 5minute 'hello im iggy'' typething (like metallica/whitestripes/tony blair), they shud use him in the story, that would be cool, or have him voice a different character, he is a voice actor, any opinions?
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:03 am

They did a bit of Trainspotting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyrVMR6tIuE

Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:12 am

yeh i remember that - atually i think it was on last week - as was an iggy question on a UK tv quizshow...based on trainspotting tho "whose song used for the filmt trainspotting is from the 1977 album of the same name?" the guy got it
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:14 am

Haha. Good!

Anyway, it would be cool to see Iggy on the Simpsons. The whole band would be better though! Very Happy

Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:19 am

yeh, though i think he would do a whole band thing - if they wanted to - though i dont think they would, well i spose the all have a good sense of humour (or else we wouldnt be calling them stooges, right!)
so they probly would, but would be very cool to see them, though not a 3 min job, i want a whole episode!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Doubtful. I wouldn't like to see it anyway. I'd rather people didn't make fun of them and their music.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:30 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I wouldn't like to see it anyway. I'd rather people didn't make fun of them and their music.

Without anyone actually making fun of them, I think they're already regarded as a curiosity by many people...and always have been.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 am

yeh, you're right, i think they are still - to some ppl - an oddity, and to some other ppl; a head of their time, still are amazingly!

but yeh, plus i dont think simpsons would be making fun of them or their music or nething, they never do, they would if they were on family guy or something

but it'd'b cool to see/hear iggy doin a voice for some character, as an actor
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Homer mentioned Iggy at least once. He fell in love with another woman and said "shes just like me, she thinks Iggy has gotten a little preachy lately".
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:24 pm

really? ive never heard that one, u sure it was iggy pop he was talkin about; when did iggy ever get preachy?
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:57 pm

Yep, it was iggy. You never heard cold metal " save a tree, save a tree, save a tree,"!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:15 pm

spose, ill have to look out for it then!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Was it Iggy? I thought it was an American cartoon strip character called Ziggy, Sigi or maybe even Iggy.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:49 pm

thats what im thinkin too, i dont think - like most people - they know nething about iggy

and theyd hardly put in a joke no ones gunna get
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Its Ziggy. I'm almost sure of it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziggy_(comic)
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Matt Groening compiled a CD, All Tomorrow's Parties Vol 3.1 which has Fun House on it so he has obviously heard of the Stooges. I don't see why they wouldn't have references that few people would get but I have to say that one is a bit of a stretch of the imagination unless there is another clue in the epsiode. Which one is it exactly, I don't remember that one.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:40 pm

cool, slways wondreed if he liked the stooges - and he does, an VU too!!

hopefully we'l see lou and iggy in an episode! and david jo
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Anyone knows the episode when Iggy was on American Dad!
as i herd...
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Donald wrote:
Matt Groening compiled a CD, All Tomorrow's Parties Vol 3.1 which has Fun House on it

Groening was the curator of the All Tomorrow's Parties event in Long Beach, CA (on and around the Queen Mary) that featured The Stooges. In November 2003, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:40 pm

larry fine wrote:
Donald wrote:
Matt Groening compiled a CD, All Tomorrow's Parties Vol 3.1 which has Fun House on it

Groening was the curator of the All Tomorrow's Parties event in Long Beach, CA (on and around the Queen Mary) that featured The Stooges. In November 2003, I believe.

I think I've got a CD of that at home. Pretty good gig by the sound of it.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 pm

StoogesForever69 wrote:
Anyone knows the episode when Iggy was on American Dad!
as i herd...

It's called "American Dream Factory", Iggy plays a drug-addicted drummer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iggy on simpsons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iggy on simpsons?   Iggy on simpsons? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy on simpsons?
Page 1 of 1