Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooge Boots?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Muddslide

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Awright, I'm pretty familiar (or thought I was) with a lot of the Stooges bootleg stuff...some of the better known (and oft-repackaged and re-released) studio outtakes and gig recordings...you know, California' Bleedin, Rubber Legs, etc...

...but I'm wondering if there is a canonical list of all available Stooges boots somewhere. I'd like to compile one, but maybe someone has already done that work. I'd love to have an accessible, referenceable, searchable database of unofficial Stooges recordings...

While I'm already here, I also wanted to ask: Does anyone know if the outtakes on disc 2 of the 2-disc Fun House CD that came out a few years back are all included on the Complete Fun House Sessions Box Set?

I've been meaning to pick up the 2-disc set of FH for a long time anyway, just to have liner notes, pics, etc., but I wondered if I'll already have all that disc 2 material from the box set.

Thanks for any and all info. This site is killer.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 pm

http://homepage2.nifty.com/hyon/st/frame_e.html

dunno how useful that is, havent looked through it, dunno if its recent

also yes all the tracks from funhouse reissue are from the boxset, its kind of a 'best of the box' deal i think

but the liner notes and in general packaging on those reissues are second to none
Back to top Go down
Muddslide

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:

but the liner notes and in general packaging on those reissues are second to none

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I got the 2-disc reissue of the first LP right when it came out, but held off on Fun House because the FH Sessions box cost so much.

Definitely gonna pick it up though...
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:33 am

The 2 disc FH is priceless. In fact it was my first (and FAR from last) Stooges cd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:21 am

There was also that "declaration of war" album that was culled from the funhouse boxset.I was lucky enough to catch a blurb on the boxset right as it was released and was able to get one,altho 110 bucks (at the time) was a lot...but its beyond rewarding!Thats the way classic albums (not just the stooges) should be done..can you imagine alice coopers "killer" getting the same treatment?
Has any word surfaced on that Unganos tape that caused me to froth at the mouth when i learned about it last week when i joined this group?
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Yeah, the link homesickjw posted is the only one I know of as well. An incomplete list in the AWESOME Complete Iggy Pop book by Richard Adams helped me cut back on duplication...but if anyone has or knows of a more complete list with more info - I'd love to know about it. Twisted Evil

Monger...that Funhouse box is my prized possession...love it... Love
and they're as rare as rocking horse shit now ...or at least I haven't seen one for sale anywhere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OceansofBliss
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:28 pm

every like 6 months or something it comes up on ebay

i dunno how anyone could sell it

if i ever cat afford rent or something itll be me and complete funhouse on the streets....along with the rest of my iggy and stooges crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stooge Boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooge Boots?   Stooge Boots? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooge Boots?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: