Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The next Stooges album

Go down 
+9
eusebioneto
sheddy
JW82
Gimme some skin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
stdtheband
seventeen
Erik
Borntohula
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

The next Stooges album Empty
PostSubject: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 2:20 pm

I read in the Mojo that Rock Action wants to do another. I hope they get together, think and listen to some old tapes from the old days, just after Funhouse.
And then record some of those liveonly songs like "What you gonna do" and then push the writing style of the lyrics into the direction of direct and striking. And then realise "we must have solos to fade out in every song!"
And also include the "Mind room" song, like a "The stooges S/t" kind of filler that with time becomes a sort of classic!

I'm getting my mind together for a longer run, even if it's cold, and this was one of those things I thought off. Not very original but, it would be fun to discuss.

So get at it. What do you want the next one to be like?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Iggy said recently, in the Australian (I think that's the name of the paper) that: "I would certainly like to do another [Stooges] album."

So I think it's likely to happen. I think they - the band - must know how The Weirdness has been received by the rock critics, and I think a right response, from the band, would be to do another record, to show that they can do better. Not that The Weirdness is as bad as the rock critics say it is, but I think most of us (fans) feel it's a bit of a dissapointment (even if I do listen to it everyday on my MP3 player while riding my bike).
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:26 pm

Weirdness should have been a 8 tracks album tops.

It's very good, but there are some songs which are not necessary on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
stdtheband

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:38 pm

I agree with seventeen. BUT, I think the Weirdness is great in one sense. There are classics on it. "My Idea Of Fun" should go down as a classic Stooges song. No one will accept it now because it isn't cool to accept post post glory day work as being as good. But that song is amazing. "I'm Fried" is a great song. I love "Troolin'" and "She Took My Money." It is a solid album and it translates well live. In fact, I brought some record biz people who never heard anything other than "I wanna be your dog" to the NYC show and they loved it. Their favorites were the new songs (not knowing the difference).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stereo-Transmitted-Disease/8547504
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:57 pm

Erik: Here in sweden many critic has hailed the album quite good. Many 4/5's.
But mostly 3/5 saying that some songs are just tad fillers, not bad but that good either.

My hopes are on a follow up to Telluric Chaos, where the best songs of the album together with the oldies are played -with a sound that the songs deserves(not bass free as the Steve fucker thought.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:14 pm

std: I hope the situation plays out as it did with Queens of the stone age. Their last one was bashed as hell because it didn't succeed in meeting up with the standard set by their first three. The album wasn't bad at all, very good(as Weirdness)but just not in leauge with their first 3.
But their fifth one sounds like if it's will be a so called killer!

Wouldn't we all just cheer as fatties if had ourselves such treat?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:19 pm

I read an article, its not Steve Albini's Fault actually, about the stuff, he just recorded it, and it was all iggy and the stooges, steve albini actually thought the bass needed to be turned up also while recording but it was up to iggy...

by the way, why didn't abbey road' studio mix it better ? they could have mixed the bass probley a bit higher, or mastered it better right ?

And also, I don't Think the new song's sound as good live, Because on the album ron has like 3 solo's all on top of each other threw out most of the song's he can't do all them solo's at once, and the new songs are like guitar riff and then a solo on top of it threw out the whole song, so that takes away from the live performance, they need a rythm guitar player, i know it wouldnt be stooge like with a rythm guitar but, the performance would be better, and they could play one of the best new songs " The Weirdness" And "Passing Cloud"
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:24 pm

JLTS: Do you think the old songs lacks punch while being played live because it's only the bass playing while the guitar does it's? And also, many solos from the new album is played by the sax instead of the guitar.
Sounds meatier and more exploding -Amen.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:37 pm

The Old Song's Sound Great, it didnt have so many solo's on top of a normal riff, see what i mean with the new songs is the solo dosent sound as good when the main riff has to be dropped to do it, they should have did it one guitar in the studio so when they do them live it wouldn't sound wrong, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 8:56 pm

I would be extremely disappointed if they didn't make another album. I also wonder what will become of the rest of the tracks they claim they had written but didn't make in on The Weirdness, if they threw that on a bootleg I'd pick it up, heh.

The Weirdness is pretty good, for starters because it's great to hear the guys doing some new shit. But I agree with most that two or three tracks could have just as well been left off. The Weirdness is 7,5/10, Funhouse is 11/10.

I'm hoping for a new album with more solo's, less chords and little commercial(MTV) potential.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:03 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES: I'm sorry, I don't follow you.
Half of the songs on the first album got half of their lenght powered by solos, who's on top of the guitarpart.
And the riffs on the new album are the same for the guitar and the bass. So there shouldn't be that much interference of the riffs just because Ron would make his axe explode into a solo.

One thing that I can add to the thing to make the thing "agree to disagree" valid is that there are different ways to listen to the stooges. I'm listening after an equal but mad mix of guitar, "song", drums, bass and noises from either a guitar or a sax.
Some I know think the album got the most powerfull stooges sound yet, a full frontal guitar-plosion who sounds gig-big on a high volume. But it's not something I don't respect, I just don't dig it enough to take it as my own. elephant
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:08 am

There are overdubs on fun house too, actually, I think they first recorded the tracks with the solo part, then the rythm was over dubbed.

Anyway Weirdness is a nice, post Raw Power LP, taking into account things from all three original LPs.

With the next, maybe then can just put in there an 8mn song, and do more freeform stuff, who knows. O solo mio is the best song of the album. Sadly not on the CD !
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:25 am

seventeen: The 8songs would be really nice, and interesting. But I wonder if they will be able to consider that, even themselves. You know.
Maybe we should start some sort of wishing project? What we demand of the next album. Some light hearted list of demands, just to mess with them Smile

"The next album are to have a loud bass on it, or we'll cut your lawns so short it'll only be soil."

"The next album will have much solos on it or we'll steal Iggy's wine"

"The next album are to have somewhere between 8 or 10 songs or Rock Action will gain weight"

And so on with valid statements Wink But seriously, we should get some sort of demandlist, I may be tired now but I think it would be cool for them to know that people love them enough to care about them and wanting the best for them.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:43 am

Actually, I will only speak more in details on what would make the next album great, around a beer, with the band (or around a glass of wine with Iggy).
Back to top Go down
stdtheband

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 2:58 pm

they are just geting rolling on the promotion of the Weirdness. It is no where near time to talk about hitting the studio again. they should be on the road for the rest of 2007 at the least.

When the time comes, I am sure it will be great. I think they made an awesome album with Steve Albini, and I hope they do another. The Weirdness sounds great, and has some classic songs. I am still enjoying it, it will be fresh to me for a while and I will hope for a new album in 2008. Let them continue to play their old and new songs together on the road and morph more into the original vibe naturally from playing out. 2008!!
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:01 pm

std: I think they'll at least get in talks with each other about new songs and so on.
And the new songs are garenteed to sound more rough the more they're played, L Electric Chairs almost sounds like pure classic now.
I hope Ron get's learns to have faith in the bass parts of each songs, so that he can burst into solos on top of them!

AMEN AMEN AMEN
Back to top Go down
stdtheband

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:42 pm

I am with you Borntohula. I just know the biz would not get behind an album so soon unless the Weirdness starts selling more.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:34 am

stdtheband: Stooges albums are cheap affairs and the weirdness has sold quite well consider it was written during some weeks and recorded in a couple of days and not realesed together with any singles.
The coins that leaves a plus in the trail of the stooges are from their live performances, not hugh sales.
I do belive that a second one will come soon since Iggy are planing on taking a quite nice time off in 2009 and since Scotty wants it to happen.
Back to top Go down
stdtheband

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 8:07 am

I hear you. They may have recorded it quickly, but the promotion has been pretty big. All that money needs to be recoup'd. I hope they do make another album soon... no arguement, I want it as bad as you do,
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 8:29 am

I don't think the promo have been costly, there are few and far between press ads, most of the promo is natural media coverage.
I don't think the album may have cost more than the Stooges paiement of 3 gigs put together also.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 pm

For those ( just like I do Smile ) who are curious of the Stooges next album: http://www.sfbg.com/blogs/music/2007/04/not_stooopid_its_the_stooges_m.html

Ron answers our questions at the bottom of the interview Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:06 am

^ Thanks for the link. Ron always does a good interview.
Nice to read his own book if he were to do one, one day...

As for the album:

RA: "Iggy's talking about a new record at the end of 2008, going back in the studio, which would be great. We got the tunes -- we might as well do it. We're even making plans for 2009."

Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
eusebioneto

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:19 am

They should call Don Gallucci to be the producer!!!
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:03 am

eusebioneto wrote:
They should call Don Gallucci to be the producer!!!

Yeah, I agree!

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:36 pm

sheddy wrote:
^ Thanks for the link. Ron always does a good interview.
Nice to read his own book if he were to do one, one day...

that's one book I would definitely buy...
or just cobble together all the interviews he's ever done. Hopefully he'll do a lot more. He is SUCH an entertaining interviewee.
Scott is pretty good, too. I mean I know interviews with him are fairly rare but anything he says sounds pretty intelligent and perceptive and stuff. Not a raconteur like his bro tho'!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The next Stooges album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next