Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy

Go down 
+8
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Shakes
JW82
napalm_cheetah
homesickjameswilliamson
Loose1969
G, F#, E
cb
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
it was very nice of them to do this, i dont know any other band that would
I agree. The Stooges and their fans are all special people. This isn't the norm for the music business. I'm really amazed and impressed. And it's all the more reason I will continue to support their music. And play them LOUD until my ears open up and bleed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:26 am

actually could not have said that any better Loose!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:29 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
actually could not have said that any better Loose!

Thanks man.

This website is a great example. We may disagree here and there, but everyone is respectful of one another. I feel I've actually made friends here.

We're a special breed indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:38 am

Defintely, i think the stooges arent just a band, they are a state of mind, the stooges are a real o mind!

we all have it, i think its why its so hard to find another stoogephile, cause it takes a certain person, like the late Ron Asheton, an outsider.

but thanks to HL we have this site, where we can all congregate, and like you say talk and maybe bicker, but always be respectful of each other

(un)fortunately, this experience may have brought us together a bit more

- btw the line ''the late ron asheton" was probly the hardest thing ive ever had to type, my fingers almost couldnt do it they catnt even believe it

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:39 am

Loose1969 wrote:

This website is a great example. We may disagree here and there, but everyone is respectful of one another. I feel I've actually made friends here.

We're a special breed indeed. Smile

exactly!

i'm listening to the stooges at massey hall in toronto ... i just can't believe that i will never ever get to see this band again. it was a spectacle to watch it all, but what really blew me away was how my eyes were hypnotized by ron's guitar playing.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:07 am

Just sent a bulletin about this via the myspace page...so get ready Cathy, there's over 100,000 people on the friends list!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:06 pm

want to do this and can't even do it. Just a couple lines should be easy enough but it's not! Just seems hard to strike the right note, I'm thinking too much about it and making it sound artificial
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:36 pm

I have already sent management a ton. They are going to put it in a binder for the band and family. Plain old emails are fine. They will have your email address so they can write back if they choose to as well.

Back to working on it! Everytime I send one 2 more bing in my mailbox!

cb
cbensonburke@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:38 pm

cb wrote:
I have already sent management a ton. They are going to put it in a binder for the band and family. Plain old emails are fine. They will have your email address so they can write back if they choose to as well.

Back to working on it! Everytime I send one 2 more bing in my mailbox!

cb
cbensonburke@hotmail.com

Thank you again for your efforts. I know this is a monumental task.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:47 pm

CB thanks a lot for all your effort and work!!
also for connecting and informing us!
cheers
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:55 pm

yeh i have to thank you so much for this cathy it was a really nice thing for you and the band to do for us, i think even they know losing ron you dont just lose a band member u'no

so thanks!

HJW
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:06 pm

I hope Iggy sends me back an e-mail! Smile
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
I hope Iggy sends me back an e-mail! Smile

Yeah, or Scott! Smile That would be cool..but in this case it's only up to them..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:24 pm

phew, done it at last.
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 am

Same, its hard writing what you really feel. Thanks a lot Cathy for this opportunity.
x
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:35 am

Just sent mine. I encourage everyone else who didn't to do so... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 pm

I am in the process of writing mine... I'm not too sure what to write though! Sad

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:14 pm

took me ages to figure out just what to say
I just said very briefly what an inspiration Ron was for me, and thanks for The Stooges, that kind of thing
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:24 pm

like wise nadja...sent mine in the middle of the morning and i leave for a wedding in 5 minutes. @_@
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:55 pm

The letters were compiled, professionally bound and are with Henry on the way to A2. Thanks all! And special thanks to Dave and HL.

I would never have been able to do this without the help of the Stooges' representative Ania. I did not mention Mike Watt or the crew -- who make the Stooges shows possible -- in my hasty request for codolences, but many of the letters I received rightly did: Jos Grain, Eric Fischer, Rik Hart and Chris Wujek.

Back to gathering the latest press...

cb
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Thank you for this oppurtunity cb. Smile
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Yeah, thanks cb! Smile

Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:29 pm

thanks cathy, and the crew for this, it really meant a lot, just goes to show what kind of a band, and what kind of people, the stooges & crew are!

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Yes indeed. Thanks again! It means a lot to be able to personally pass on our feelings about Ron to the Stooges family.

I should have written something to Mike too. But I DID send him condolences on Myspace, so he surely wasn't forgotten. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm

thanks Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy   Condolence letters  to Scott, Kathy and Iggy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Condolence letters to Scott, Kathy and Iggy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next