Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fucked Over Once More

Go down 
+14
Lucas
Monger
Loose1969
JW82
StoogesForever69
napalm_cheetah
popmansam
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
G, F#, E
Nadja
cb
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Shakes
homesickjameswilliamson
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Fucked Over Once More Empty
PostSubject: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:29 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09014/941724-100.stm

Rock Hall picks Run-DMC, Metallica, leaves out Iggy Pop
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The 2009 class of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees may be just as notable for who is left out than who is going in.

In are rap pioneers Run-DMC, metal kings Metallica, guitarist Jeff Beck, soul singer Bobby Womack and doo-wop group Little Anthony and the Imperials.

Shunned once again are Iggy Pop and the Stooges, the band generally regarded as the prototype for the punk movement. The timing of the announcement is unfortunate coming a week after Stooges' guitarist Ron Asheton was found dead in Ann Arbor, Mich., at the age of 60.

Along with the five new members, rockabilly singer Wanda Jackson is inducted in the early influence category, and the sidemen inductees are session musician Spooner Oldham and two of Elvis Presley's musicians -- drummer D.J. Fontana and bassist Bill Black.

The induction ceremony will be held in Cleveland on April 4.

Last year, Madonna made a plea for Iggy and the Stooges by having them perform at the ceremony, and the year before that Patti Smith and Michael Stipe performed the Stooges' song "I Wanna Be Your Dog."

First published on January 14, 2009 at 3:33 pm
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:30 pm

no surprise. but i have to say that i'm glad it just wasn't a shoe-in due to ron's death. you know what? at this point i hope they don't make it. the stooges are too cool to be in that piss stain any ways.

Last edited by Shakes on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:31 pm

sorry for the bad language, but i guess literally nothing will get this band in

and to be honest, i dont really care, they shouldve been inducted automatically like dylan, stones and beatles and elvis and stuff, they've probly created more bands than those guys anyway, and they created more genres

i guess its typical, looks like the only people who love stooges are us and jesus
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 pm

i think fans of the stooges & kiss have a lot in common with this rnr hall of fame. hahaha.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:38 pm

have kiss not been accepted either?

altho to be fair...kiss?!

no comparison obviously, one created the greatest music on earth and created about a billion bands not to mention countless genres, and pretty much "alternative" music which is the biggest kinda seller now....and the other....had an army lol

we should have a stoogearmy for ron or someting he mightve liked that
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 pm

I like Kiss, nice guitar riffs.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:48 pm

OMG, just heard. Twist the knife...

Unbelievable

Cathy
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Shakes wrote:
no surprise. but i have to say that i'm glad it just wasn't a shoe-in due to ron's death. you know what? at this point i hope they don't make it. the stooges are too cool to be in that piss stain any ways.

I agree

& JLTS I'm always going on about photos but yr new avatar is another pic I haven't seen before , great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Makes you sick doesn't it?

And all this talk of Kiss doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:54 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
have kiss not been accepted either?

altho to be fair...kiss?!

they haven't, yet they don't care for it. it is the fans who believe they should be in. kind of like us with our beloved stooges.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Quote :

Unbelievable

thats the best reaction to it! lol

true though, and yeh it wouldve been a shoe-in, but they still wouldve been in there

at this point though, like this was the last time, i really dont even care anymore its quite obviously money driven, amean seriously how do oyu not induct the stooges!

and you're right shakes, i actually thinks it makes stooges cooler, like there really is like no recognition of their influence or importance, theyre a real ''fans' band" kinda thing, which is cool, cultish i guess, as in a cult, not The Cult, another band influenced by stooges and probly already in HOF! lol

Quote :

And all this talk of Kiss doesn't help.

haha, yeh ano, hoped they wouldnt appear on the board! lol strutters not bad though, altho maybe i just like it cause it reminds me of GTA san andreas lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:01 am

The fact we live in a world where people rate The Mammas & The Papas higher than The Stooges makes musical genocide sound very appealing...
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 am

getting official recognition isn't the sort of thing that happens to The Stooges. Haven't they always had this quirky outsider quality, always regarded as a bit of a curiosity...
of course I can see the point that they deserve it after all this time, they deserve proper respect etc, but it really doesn't bother me personally...that's just me
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 am

well i was hopin RNRHOF would get the message after rem and patti smith played dog and madonna got them to play there

i actually respect her/admire her for that, amean esp since Ron has passed, they actually got to play there, so even they kinda outran the cops in a way u'no, like even if they get in they got away with it, they played there (i think im tryna set up another metaphor, territorial kinda thing) they played/ pissed on it, then ran and they cant/wont be back again, so it was quite a coup, well done madonna - never thought i'd say that

but like oyu say, doesnt bother me at all now, that was there last chance, andthat was only for ron, amean that literally means, like a death surely means you're (bands) in, and yet they still turned their back on them and ron, so thats it, they have no taste, its probly run by NME! lol
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 am

Nadja wrote:
Shakes wrote:

I agree

& JLTS I'm always going on about photos but yr new avatar is another pic I haven't seen before , great! Very Happy

Smile Thankyou.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:29 am

you should post them JLTS!

we should get a whole, like archive kinda thing, basically just the pictures thread but sorted out, like what monchoconlaso has been doing

actually we should do that in the wikia page shakes has been talking about doing!
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 am

cb wrote:

Unbelievable

Cathy

Yeah, it sucks...but really, who gives a shit? Not me! pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:33 am

The only reason i ever wanted them to get in was i figured it would be our only chance to see them play together. But since they got together any way, who cares? The groups that arent in would make a better hall; the sonics ,the dolls, blue cheer, moby grape, capt beefheart to name just a few.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:45 am

oh my god, you're totally right popmansam, theyre amazing bands, well havent heard of moby grape, but beefheart, stooges, dolls, sonics, blue cheer? thats unbelievable, why arent actual rock n roll bands gettin in when run dmc are gettin in?
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 am

I really don't care. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is "a piss stain" as the sex pistols wrote.
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 am

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is nothing but Shit,

I Respect those who are in ther Hall Of Fame,
But this is Bull S**t

they need to get Their Facts straight

The Don't Have Alice Cooper,
They Dont have KISS
Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy etc;

it is a Piss Stain

F*CK YOU ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 am

It matters little what we care. What matters is how it makes THEM feel.
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:08 am

Honestly..F*** Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Sh** how it can be rock'n'roll since there is Madonna in?!? The only thing she ever did with rock'n'roll was that the Stooges played her songs Very Happy Besides that some artists who were inducted before, weren't connected to rock'n'roll Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:45 am

I know thats right ! and what about the frickin RAP ??? WTF ! RAP ??? I thought it was ROCK.

Have them go to the fucking RAP Hall of fame.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:00 am

"It's just the industry jacking itself off."- Robert Plant, 1993

I agree. The Stooges and Iggy are above that. WAY above it. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fucked Over Once More
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: