Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fucked Over Once More

Go down 
+14
Lucas
Monger
Loose1969
JW82
StoogesForever69
napalm_cheetah
popmansam
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
G, F#, E
Nadja
cb
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Shakes
homesickjameswilliamson
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:58 am

It basically like what Plant said....nothing to do with Rock,but whatever shitty lefty oriented rags like rolling stone say,or,more importantly...how many units shifted.Its all total bullshit for the ryan seacrests of yesteryear.
Maybe someone will open a "real" rock and roll hall of fame and send the VH1 asshole crowd packing?
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 am

With guitars on t.v,
Weasels
Rewriting rock history,
Weasels
With an office and a chair,
Weasels
With nice butts and long silky hair.

Weasels suck and weasels blow,
Weasels control rock and roll
Rock and roll
Rock and roll
Rock and roll

Weasels
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:37 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Nadja wrote:
Shakes wrote:
no surprise. but i have to say that i'm glad it just wasn't a shoe-in due to ron's death. you know what? at this point i hope they don't make it. the stooges are too cool to be in that piss stain any ways.

I agree

& JLTS I'm always going on about photos but yr new avatar is another pic I haven't seen before , great! Very Happy

Smile Thankyou.

haha you've changed it again real quick - can't keep up
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 am

popmansam wrote:
The only reason i ever wanted them to get in was i figured it would be our only chance to see them play together. But since they got together any way, who cares? The groups that arent in would make a better hall; the sonics ,the dolls, blue cheer, moby grape, capt beefheart to name just a few.

yes indeed...Blue Cheer started off with the best guitar, second only to Ron's!
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 pm

cb wrote:
It matters little what we care. What matters is how it makes THEM feel.

I hear ya. How does it make them feel? I'll bet they don't care either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:51 pm

If they get inducted in years to come, I really hope Iggy tells them to fuck off now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Exactly Loose: "It's just the industry jacking itself off."- Robert Plant, 1993

it's called rock hall of FAME. that 'fame' word always bothered me.
Reminds me on annoying top nr 1 hits banging through the radio and involuntary goin on in my head..

It's time for the real thing.. something like > A Stadium For The Real Rock
i.e.
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:02 pm

ZinZin wrote:
Exactly Loose: "It's just the industry jacking itself off."- Robert Plant, 1993

it's called rock hall of FAME. that 'fame' word always bothered me.
Reminds me on annoying top nr 1 hits banging through the radio and involuntary goin on in my head..

It's time for the real thing.. something like > A Stadium For The Real Rock
i.e.

I've always thought that aswell, its the hall of "Fame", not talent, whoevers most famous gets in there i guess, it's silly
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:13 pm

haha, industry jacking itself off, that is so cool

definitly is, this was their last chance, but now i couldnt care less
Back to top Go down
redsock

redsock

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:54 am

Anyone else ever been to that dump?

There are some neat things here and there, but a lot of it is so-and-so's jacket, several clothing store mannequins dressed up like Jim Morrison, Tina Turner, etc., shit like that.

Plus, when you want to leave, there was no way out of the building except THROUGH THE FOOKING GIFT SHOP!!!!!!!!!

That was in 1999, but I doubt it has changed.
Back to top Go down
http://joyofsox.blogspot.com
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 am

a couple years ago,a guy in long beach was selling Black Flags bass cabinet...only one speaker and was battered,but cool none the less...i called the guy to ask about it and he said the rnr hall of fame people already bought it...within a few minutes of the ad being posted! I guess when Hardcore becomes revenue worthy,we can expect them to trot that out of their warehouse
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Just recently came across these comments from Ron about getting into the HOF, if they've already been posted, sorry.

Update: Here's a quote from Asheton from this past summer about his chances of getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

So is covering Madonna the closest you'll get to being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or do you think you'll get the nod soon?
Well, to tell you the truth, it would be cool to be in there with all our heroes and people that got us into music. The Beatles were the ones who changed my life, the Beatles and the Stones, to make this life choice ... I know this, though. If we don't get it next year, we don't go in, we're not going in. I mean, what is it, five-time losers? I mean, if we don't make it this time ... And you know what? It won't break my heart. As everyone else says, it's not going to better your career. It'd be nice, but I'm not going to be heartbroken. And we kind of wear it as a badge of honor that we've been turned down.
Back to top Go down
dorianmode

dorianmode

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:26 pm

I hadn't read those comments by Ron before. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:15 pm

thanks for posting Nadja, havent read that before

yeh i thought they would be like, turning it down i mean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fucked Over Once More   Fucked Over Once More - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fucked Over Once More
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: