Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA

Go down 
+21
Donald
Funhouse
MJG196
saichan
Nitebob
ggriffin
dynamite boogie
Shakes
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Nadja
Loose1969
homesickjameswilliamson
heavy liquid
G, F#, E
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Paul T
larry fine
trailerborn
zeke
mc
dereksee
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dereksee

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-09

James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Empty
PostSubject: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Hello all-

Just a reminder note that if you are in the bay area, James Williamson will be doing a signing at On The Corner Music (530 E Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA) tonight at 8 PM to tie in with the Fretboard Journal magazine article that I worte. Lots of rare photos will be on display as well.
Back to top Go down
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Derek, can you post a few photos of the evening here + pics of the rare photos?. It'd be good to see the whole Fretboard article here too.
Back to top Go down
zeke

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:57 pm

i get the feeling that james has got the bug again. i sure hope iggy an scott drag him on board. so sad about ron, but the show must go on.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:18 pm

I wonder if he still sees Scott Thurston. James was his buddy & brought him into the Stooges. If those two could hook up (Tom Petty isn't doing much these days so Scott might have some time on his hands) it might pave the way for a limited Stooges V2 reuinion in the future. Damn, wish I lived in CA.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:50 pm

trailerborn wrote:
I wonder if he still sees Scott Thurston. James was his buddy & brought him into the Stooges. If those two could hook up (Tom Petty isn't doing much these days so Scott might have some time on his hands) it might pave the way for a limited Stooges V2 reuinion in the future. Damn, wish I lived in CA.

I don't know if they see each other but they were spotted together when the Stooges played at the Queen Mary in Long Beach a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:50 pm

trailerborn wrote:
I wonder if he still sees Scott Thurston. James was his buddy & brought him into the Stooges. If those two could hook up (Tom Petty isn't doing much these days so Scott might have some time on his hands) it might pave the way for a limited Stooges V2 reuinion in the future.

The thought has crossed my mind too... Scott T is a damn good guitarist, just what you need for the rhythm part when James is playing that screaming Search And Destroy lead line...
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 pm

Hmm...I was thinking that Iggy was going to go back to his solo career. Any word on this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 am

I think that we shouldn't speculate but if James, Iggy and Scott decide to tour they shouldn't be called The Stooges. Ron came up with that name, he was the only one of them at every gig and he appeared on every album and their should be no material from the first two albums. Not even James can play it close to the way Ron did.

RIP
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:04 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I think that we shouldn't speculate but if James, Iggy and Scott decide to tour they shouldn't be called The Stooges. Ron came up with that name, he was the only one of them at every gig and he appeared on every album and their should be no material from the first two albums. Not even James can play it close to the way Ron did.

RIP

Yep, I agree.

Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:07 pm

they wont do anything, scott (thurston) may play with iggy solo, but thats very unlikely and iggy solo is unlikely, i think in about 3 maybe 5 years time iggy may get the itch, unless he's happy with other stuff, movies etc but i doubt it, i think this could be 'it'
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:41 pm

No Ron = No Stooges.

BUT- It wouldn't break my heart to have Scott, Mike & James play in whatever band Iggy might have in mind. Just don't call it The Stooges.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
No Ron = No Stooges.

BUT- It wouldn't break my heart to have Scott, Mike & James play in whatever band Iggy might have in mind. Just don't call it The Stooges.

it would definitely NOT be The Stooges!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Nadja wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
No Ron = No Stooges.

it would definitely NOT be The Stooges!

No way in hell.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:44 am

Loose1969 wrote:
No Ron = No Stooges.

Yeah, exactly.

Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:36 am

but if The Stooges someday get in the HOF, they should have James on guitar and call it the stooges, because thats the best line up of true stooges they could have....

Maybe call it Iggy and the 2 Stooges Smile
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:53 am

well, i doubt that will be happening any time soon. it'll be a cold day in hell when they call it the stooges with james and not ron. that would be one hell of a slap in the face.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:55 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
but if The Stooges someday get in the HOF, they should have James on guitar and call it the stooges, because thats the best line up of true stooges they could have....

Nope. I repeat: NO RON, NO STOOGES.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:59 am

Loose1969 wrote:
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:

Nope. I repeat: NO RON, NO STOOGES.

Exactly. It would seem so weird to not have Ron onstage. Sad

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:05 am

I agree, it wouldn't be the Stooges without Ron.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:16 am

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
I agree, it wouldn't be the Stooges without Ron.

Not anymore than it would be the Stooges without Iggy or Scott. End of discussion, in my real-o-mind. Wink
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:18 am

Maybe they call it " Pop,Williamson,Asheton"
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:58 am

honestly.. i don't see it happening at all.

and if that pop/williamson/asheton thing was used..you can't forget mike watt. jesus.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:11 am

Yeah, I didn't forget about Mike, it's just that Iggy never really included him in anything, so it probley wouldn't start now, ya know...

I hope iggy not done playing music.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:33 am

he included him in the reformation in 2003. i don't understand what you're trying to say here. he plays on the stooges tracks on skull ring as well. same with telluric chaos and the weirdness. an "honorary member" yes, but he is really the only one who could of filled dave's shoes. the only albums mike even signs are the ones he plays on. that's a stand up guy!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:12 pm

All The Stooges see him as an official band member but Watt himself sees it as a part-time job. I think Mike has such a deep appreciation for The Stooges that he wanted the Asheton brothers and Iggy to get all the praise they deserved.

Watt is already praised for being a member of The Minutemen but the Ashetons never had gotten the praise they deserved till The Stooges reunited. He's a great guy.

He probably wouldn't be bothered if his name wasn't included but I think it should.

Last edited by G, F#, E on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next