Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA

Go down 
+21
Donald
Funhouse
MJG196
saichan
Nitebob
ggriffin
dynamite boogie
Shakes
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Nadja
Loose1969
homesickjameswilliamson
heavy liquid
G, F#, E
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Paul T
larry fine
trailerborn
zeke
mc
dereksee
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:34 am

I get the feeling James is getting the music jones again - so who knows what we'll see in the next couple of years?
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 am

G, F#, E wrote:
jpod wrote:
JW must be a pretty rusty player by now anyway.

Check out the mp3 on cb's page. He's anything but Smile

I came across this: James is posting on a Steel Guitar Forum.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1309093&sid=990be4b7a693760356f540b49b4c1132
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:49 am

I love it ...... very cool
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:54 am

Funhouse wrote:
www.iggypop.org - go to the latest news section and there's a link to the MP3 there. There's no doubt he can still play!

very nice. i guess once u have it, u always have it.
respect to JW.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:10 pm

I find all this fascinating - partly because when I first met James, he was so disenfranchised from that world - hurt by what went on, basically.

Now I think he's getting a little 'closure'. AS I mentioned in my blog, he read the Iggy book, which was weird, so I guess he's going back and thinking about those times in a way he didn't before. I also think he's been (unfairly) vilified for many years, mostly through Please Kill Me, and that's receding.

THe professional part of me, after taking a year to track him down because he wasn't speaking to anyone, is selfishly irritated that he's much more open and accessible now. The human being part of me is really, really happy.
Back to top Go down
saichan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Paul T wrote:
The professional part of me, after taking a year to track him down because he wasn't speaking to anyone, is selfishly irritated that he's much more open and accessible now. The human being part of me is really, really happy.

Paul, don't be divided: be proud, above all. James is more open and accessible now *because* of your book -- I'm sure of that. As I have emailed you privately (you may not remember the name, but recall, I was trying to interview James a few years back, also), and as I have posted elsewhere on this board, your book is a trailblazer in so many ways, but especially with regards to a more balanced overview of Williamson's role in the Stooges. You negated all that slanted bullshit in Please Kill Me by being fair, objective and professional -- and most importantly, a true fan of the Stooges.

Your book got to the heart of the Pop/Williamson/Asheton dynamic by considering the music, and the emotion powering the music, first and foremost, and for that all us fans must surely be grateful.

I am, and I'm sure James is, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA   James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Williamson meet n greet is TONIGHT! Bay area, CA
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3