Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That

Go down 
+24
MJG196
larry fine
comaman
Borntohula
sheddy
Luzern
Lucas
Rob Gallucci
jpod
TED
adams66
TeddyB1018
cb
Loose1969
Garageman
Rode Hard
heavy liquid
JW82
G, F#, E
Shakes
world's forgotten boy
effectfreak
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Empty
PostSubject: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 pm

sorry if this has been posted before

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/11/iggy-pop-talks-future-of-stooges-jazzy-new-solo-album-war-child-disc/

Iggy Pop has puked on his audience, rolled around in broken glass and exposed himself to crowds. But on his new album, the 61-year-old rocker does something that may shock people — he sings in French. The Stooges frontman shows off his multilingualism On “Autumn Leaves,” a track off PrĂ©liminaires, due out May 19th. The record was inspired by French author Michel Houellebecq’s 2005 novel, The Possibility of An Island. “As I read scenes in the book, I felt music in my head,” says Pop, who also composed a score for the book’s forthcoming film adaptation. “I wrote less and less for the movie and started writing an alternative score to the novel.”

The disc — which features trombones and clarinets — lifts its sound from 1920s New Orleans. “We get dangerously near jazz,” says Pop, who cut tracks in Woodstock and Miami. “At first, I thought, ‘If I want to pee and I don’t do it with a sign that says Progenitor of Punk, people don’t want to know about it.’ Luckily, at this point in my life, I don’t care very much.”

In other Iggy news, the rocker recently nominated saucy electro provocateur Peaches to cover his “Search and Destroy” for War Child’s Heroes compilation, a charity disc for kids living in war-torn regions. “I get a big shot of pleasure every time I hear her music,” Iggy says of the Canadian singer, with whom he’s collaborated on several tracks in the past. “All the better since it was one of my songs.”

Pop — whose longtime Stooges bandmate, guitarist Ron Asheton, died in January — also hinted at the group’s future plans. “We have a large vault, and I’ve been fooling around with different ways to approach vocals,” he says. The band is also “developing something with a dramatic filmmaker,” but Iggy declined to elaborate. What about rumors that Sex Pistols’ guitarist Steve Jones might join the Stooges? “I talked to Steve, and if I wanted an extra guitar, he’d be the guy to call,” says Iggy. “The group still exists. I’m not gonna tell you more than that.”
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 pm

theres a good couple scoops in there, so sorry in advance Cathy lol

but, very exciting news! stooges continue? with steve jones? 'vaults' of material? working with a film-maker?

i think this is the way Ron would have wanted it

its weird, im excited at this, stooges continuing or new material or whatever they decide to do, but im also annoyed, Ron dying just showed how much he was the beginning and end of the stooges, that sounds like i dont appreciate scott or iggy, and i do, but i mean that guitar sound, theres discussion on another thread and you cant beat Rons guitar, it was perfection, so in that way im annoyed about this, well more perplexed i guess, but still am very excited about this news, first thing rolling stones ever done well
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 pm

what does Iggy mean, if he wants an 'extra' guitar, he'll call on Steve Jones? who's gonna be the main guitarist?
damn it Iggy y've put us all in suspense!
I can't pretend I'm not gonna miss Ron's guitar like hell Sad but obviously if they've built up enough momentum as the stooges - then they can continue in some form. After all two of the founding members are still very much there Smile - it's just the Ron factor
Back to top Go down
effectfreak

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:00 pm

Nadja wrote:
what does Iggy mean, if he wants an 'extra' guitar, he'll call on Steve Jones? who's gonna be the main guitarist?

That what I started to think too. Who's the main guitar player hmmm...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 pm

They can't let die The Stooges and the songs!
to go on with that music THAT is what Ron would have wanted.. pretty sure of that.

wooohooooh..this news makes me happy.

but I understand what you say HJW.
many thanks for posting this!
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:38 pm

This is exciting news... I'm not to exited by his new solo effort yet, but I think it might grow on me as the time comes for it's release!

But who is the MAIN-guitarist? :O It can't be James, can it?
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 pm

imagine if it was jack white? heh..heh..heh..
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 am

Quote :
“I talked to Steve, and if I wanted an extra guitar, he’d be the guy to call,” says Iggy. [/b]

Iggy, I love you man but this too soon. Hell its only 2 months since Ron passed away.

I don't know what Ron would have wanted but give the guy some respect and give The Stooges a break.

R.I.P. Ron Sad
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 am

world's forgotten boy wrote:
But who is the MAIN-guitarist? :O It can't be James, can it?

Maybe it's Todd Taylor..the world's fastest banjo player..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:03 am

Shakes wrote:
imagine if it was jack white? heh..heh..heh..

NO! Scared.

He's too popular.

Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:24 am

I just screamed out loud a little bit. It's JAMES. It has to be. Bet he's ready to retire from Sony and now he's going to complete his destiny. Somebody send him an e-mail and ask him flat out. Let it be James.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:27 am

its not going to be james, he's too straight, thats not a derogatory thing, just he couldnt get back into a band/touring lifestyle and give up the career hes spent his life working for and in, theres no way its him

though i am wondering what ''extra'' meant, maybe he still thinks Rons the guitarist, and it was just a freudian slip?

i dunno, but i doubt its james
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:34 am

I never would've thought I would say this, but I really hope it will be James. I mean right now he feels like the only person to me, who could pick up the guitar after Ron.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:10 am

I hope its James too Unsure

Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:39 am

I'm the guitarist.

Laughing Sorry, my apologies. How I WISH...
Well, if Scott, Iggy & Mike can keep it alive with integrity (i.e. being true to the Stooges sound), I'm certainly on board. For Scott and Iggy's sake, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:40 am

Honestly, I doubt it's James..but I don't really know what is behind all that..Maybe Ig meant by an 'extra guitar player' that they lack guitarist at the moment..and that Steve Jones would fit Ron's shoes if needed..I hope soon we should be able to find out more..Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 am

JW82 wrote:
Honestly, I doubt it's James..but I don't really know what is behind all that..Maybe Ig meant by an 'extra guitar player' that they lack guitarist at the moment..and that Steve Jones would fit Ron's shoes if needed..I hope soon we should be able to find out more..Smile

In general, I agree..but it IS interesting how James has suddenly came out of hiding and is putting his name out there as a musician.

Bless his heart if this is the case. Smile
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:52 am

But James is a proper Stooges member though, so he would be best.

Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 am

heavy liquid wrote:
But James is a proper Stooges member though, so he would be best.

Indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:29 am

Iggy has really good manners, doesn't he.

cb
http://iggypop.org

Last edited by cb on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:30 am

just re read it in a different article, by twentyfourbit music news or something, but anyway, i read it and the 'extra' guitar thing, the way he said it its like ''if i need an extra guitar, i'll call him" as in he has someone already in mind and steve would be his first choice if he needed an additional guitar?

sort of brushing steve off or the idea of steve off?

dunno, maybe just the way i read it
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:59 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
just re read it in a different article, by twentyfourbit music news or something, but anyway, i read it and the 'extra' guitar thing, the way he said it its like ''if i need an extra guitar, i'll call him" as in he has someone already in mind and steve would be his first choice if he needed an additional guitar?

that is how i read it.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:00 am

Maybe Iggy will play guitar in the studio.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:06 am

Fascinating stuff to be sure.
How about Scott Thurston for the main guitarist role??

And what's all this about the vaults?? Come on Iggy, open them up for god's sake! Let's hear what you've got.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 am

All power to Scott and Iggy and whoever else they choose to take on board Smile but for me it's just not going to have the same level of interest without Ron and his guitar. In that sense, I don't really care who else they get in. But, of course, another part of me is curious to find out!

Dammit Ron, you just shouldn't have gone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next