Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That

Go down 
+24
MJG196
larry fine
comaman
Borntohula
sheddy
Luzern
Lucas
Rob Gallucci
jpod
TED
adams66
TeddyB1018
cb
Loose1969
Garageman
Rode Hard
heavy liquid
JW82
G, F#, E
Shakes
world's forgotten boy
effectfreak
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:33 pm

sheddy wrote:
^

Hope he gets something out of what Ron and Scott recorded, but I also hope they are released somehow in their original entirity.

I would LOVE for these tracks - ALL of them - to be released in pristine Asheton form, never heard anything just by the Ashetons. But I guess there's little to no chance of that happening.
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:35 pm

>Hope Jack White...
I sure don't....
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:26 pm

I'd rather believe Deniz Tek to be lead guitarist. This guy is capable of handling Ron's leads. At least I could hear it when Radio Birdman was covering e.g. 'TV Eye'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm

sheddy wrote:
^ Not sure what the second comments mean...

IggyPop - I just had time to listen to the rough mixes and it was silent, I don't know if it was a joke from Ron or my player

I think he's saying that he tried to listen to the rough mixes of the tape and found that there was only silence. He's not sure if his playback machine is faulty or if Ron is playing a joke on him from beyond the grave.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Somehow the idea of Ron playing a joke on Iggy appeals to me Very Happy

...but of course I'd love to hear those tracks.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Borntohula wrote:
5 songs fleshed out with some 3 or so filler-sounding songs a'la LA Blues, We will fall and Ann... Mindroom for one would fit the bill!

Filler?! I love all those songs (well in the case of "L.A.Blues" its not really a song) especially "Ann", I wouldn't call it filler.
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Ann's a fantastic song, of course the full version.
Find it hard to be called a "filler".
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 pm

the shorter version of 'Ann' is better than the long version I think because of the echo which just helps to turn the guitar on the first part of the song into the most beautiful other-worldly sound I ever heard. Only Ron's own efforts on 'Dirt' come anywhere close!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:33 am

After calling a couple contacts out in LA, it appears I've uncovered the new guitarist is Geoff Downes. He is leaving the Asia reunion gigs to join Iggy. Great thing is he can double as a keytarist:

The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Geoff-keytar-lg
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:37 pm

sheddy wrote:

Hope he gets something out of what Ron and Scott recorded, but I also hope they are released somehow in their original entirity.
An extra feature, perhaps.

Yeah it would be cool if they had some Weirdness sessions stuff to include but then again if it wasnt good enuf to make it onto what i reckon is an average LP then I don't hold out much hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:53 pm

mg do I understand this well?
so yr saying that it's definite that Geoff Downes will be the new guitarist ????? Shocked
when Stooges go back in concert
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:09 pm

I thought mg was being sarcastic but hey what do I know Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 pm

jpod wrote:
sheddy wrote:

An extra feature, perhaps.

Yeah it would be cool if they had some Weirdness sessions stuff to include but then again if it wasnt good enuf to make it onto what i reckon is an average LP then I don't hold out much hope.

I always wonder about those other songs that Ron said they wrote at that time, 42 in all...quite a lot of unused material if that was the case!
of course I'd love the chance to hear as much Ron stuff as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Nadja wrote:
I thought mg was being sarcastic but hey what do I know Laughing
hmm.. sht..yeah.. must be.. thnx Nadja.

Hate it when people r sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Geoff Downes is an amazing player. More of a true Rock & Roller than Asheton was. Asia put out some solid tunes, too.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:07 am

maybe they'll hold auditions ? Laughing
but i'll doubt they'll do it

loll
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Downes!!! Huh? Wha? Tell me this a joke. The Stooges are the ANTIDOTE to prog-rock fer chrissakes. A true Stooge would be genetically incapable of even glancing sideways at an Aisa record. Why not just hire Fred Durst or Lil' Wayne or Iggy's accountant?

I'm just going to pretend that this is a (very) funny joke.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm

trailerborn wrote:
Why not just hire Fred Durst or Lil' Wayne or Iggy's accountant?

Yeah, seriously I would prefer Lil' Wayne to Downes lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:58 am

eh yeah that was kinda stupid what i said about auditions Embarassed
well what about The Guy who played with Iggy on Beat 'Em Up?

=D
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:13 pm

StoogesForever69 wrote:

=D
NO NO NO,PLEASE
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm

StoogesForever69 wrote:

=D

YES YES YES ! Whitey is kickass dude !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That   The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Group Still Exists, Im Not Telling You More Than That
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3