Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy Empty
PostSubject: 5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy   5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:42 pm

From bowie.net

"If Iggy's observations are accurate, I reckon that (using a process of elimination) the following five songs must be the ones he's referring to: Some Weird Sin, Tonight, Success, Neighbourhood Threat and Fall In Love With Me. Not bad for five hours work!"

Iggy suggests (in Word) that Bowie re-wrote some songs for LFL, see above. I've always thought "Neighbourhood Threat" was a re-write of Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon", which might be accurate considering the above revelations.

I'm not sure they got it right, though, as Tonight and Some Weird Sin were performed on The Idiot tour, i.e. they were not written during the LFL sessions. However, NT, Success, and FILWM might have been re-writes.

Assuming there's truth to Iggy's statement - which original songs are the likely blueprints for the LFL tunes? Iggy said that he did not want to reveal the original sources, but fans out there might be able help out!
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy   5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Have you got the full quote - it would be nice to see any more context - if there is any - to this.

Lust For Life - Iggy is on record as saying Bowie got the rhythm of that from a TV theme on a program they saw.

Fall in Love With Me was a jam that turned into a song, so not sure it would be a re-write of another song, unless riffing on the title 'Fall in Love With Me' was a lift from another song.
Back to top Go down

5 LFL songs were re-writes of existing songs/hits, says Iggy
Page 1 of 1