Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview with Natalie Schlossman

Go down 
+34
osterbergermeister
blackout88
darallen
ashitanoramen
davidh
msteeln
ElRoi
stooges
ChuckN
Iggy Stooge
damned
dan b
Blitzkid
Paul T
sheddy
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
lolakelly
dorianmode
Nitebob
Funhousehideaway#2
nick
Natalie
napalm_cheetah
G, F#, E
adams66
scott
soldier
homesickjameswilliamson
JW82
TED
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
trailerborn
Monger
mc
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanx for getting to my questions, Natalie!
Per Michael Tipton, it would be great if he came on the forum, but if his KO masters have yet to see the light of day then getting him to talk liberally about it all might be asking too much. I'm glad the music came out when it did and I think we, and now the band, have been much the better for it. Hopefully there are no bruises left after all these years.
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

thanks a lot for this great interview Natilie and mc.
this forum is really cool.
thanks again!!!!
Back to top Go down
darallen

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:18 pm

dear natalie, for years i have tried to find the woman who, back about 1967, sent me a photo of jim morrison that she had taken. i thought her last name was spelled differently than yours (no 'c') but you're as close as i've ever come to finding her. i can see you're a rocker from the stooge related input and so i had to ask; i have treasured it for years and it still hangs on my pantry wall. any connection here? thanks in advance. deb
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Deb,

That was me. I've answered your PM.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:41 am

Nat, when was the last time you spoke with Ron? From what I have gathered from reading the interview and your subsequent posts you didn't have the opportunity to speak with him after the reunion, correct? I just wonder what his feelings were about all the positive response they were getting from so many old and new fans.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:11 am

Elroi,

Ron and I corresponded through the late 70's. I think we may have lost touch in 1979. One of the regrets in my life, and I don't have many about the Stooges, is that I never saw the first reunion gigs.

I can't give any personal insight to your inquiry. You'll just have to take what you've read in interviews and come to your own conclusion.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks Nat. So, have you had the opportunity to speak at any length with any of the other members at the shows you have attended lately?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:21 pm

I spoke with all of them briefly except the Ig in London.
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:57 pm

A bit late in the game for this interview but ill pitch my question anyways;

Natalie, you said that you first heard Open Up & Bleed along with Cock in My Pocket during the '71 period. I was wondering if any other of the later tunes were performed during this time or wether there were any other 'lost' songs that never made it onto the '71 You Dont Want My Name box set? At the last show without Iggy or James, the rest of the band play What You Gonna Do, an indicator perhaps that there was more rehearsed than played.
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:05 pm

I heard these songs first after the band reformed and recorded Raw Power. It was just before Raw Power was released. I attended some gigs in Michigan in spring of 1973.

I do not recall any additional songs other than the many that have already been released on the numerous bootlegs available.
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey Natalie,

There are a bunch of pictures by you on Facebook that feature Rock, Watt, McKay and Scott Thurston from 2010. Where are those from?

Thanks, Steve
Back to top Go down
fishheadstar2000

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:07 am

great insight,awesome interv !!!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:29 pm

fishheadstar2000 wrote:
great insight,awesome interv !!!

Glad you liked it. Check this one too with Jimmy Silver: https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t2785-interview-with-jimmy-silver

Really it's quite amazing both he and Natalie have such good memories of those times!
Back to top Go down
Ilsa

Ilsa

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:41 am

This was a great read, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Hey Natalie, i started a thread on the main section to see if anyone had any clear live photos of the late 1970/1971 period with james and ron on guitars they could share and was wondering if you could help?

Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:39 am

Steve,

Those photos were taken in January 2010 at the first tribute for Ron. It was in LA and organized by Scott's daughter Leanna.

Those photos are also here on an older thread about the tribute.

Sorry for the late reply. I never received a notice that there was a new post and I don't check in every day anymore since the forum is not as active as it used to be.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
jarvy

jarvy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 am

Great Interview Nat!!!
from one of your very first Stooges Fan Club members!!
and proud to say so!!
Billy
Back to top Go down
http://cineblax.blogspot.com/
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:34 am

jarvy wrote:
Great Interview Nat!!!
from one of your very first Stooges Fan Club members!!
and proud to say so!!
Billy

Hi Billy, tell us a bit about the early days. What gigs did you get to?
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 8:24 am

Awesome interview. Thanks. Love hearing Iggy stories.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 am

johnnylove wrote:
Awesome interview. Thanks. Love hearing Iggy stories.

Johnny, this is a good read too: https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t2785-interview-with-jimmy-silver?highlight=silver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Natalie Schlossman   Interview with Natalie Schlossman - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with Natalie Schlossman
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3