Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tubepigeonvictim

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004 Empty
PostSubject: Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004   Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:45 am

Christ - I must just have been 14 at the time...

Me and my Dad got tickets as soon as the Stooges were announced, and probably would have for that reason alone - but the fact that Monster Magnet were also on the bill just made it PERFECT!

I can't remember the exact setlist, but I seem to remember them playing Dead Rock Star for definate, as well as the 'usual' classics from the self titled album, and Funhouse. And one of the coolest sights was seeing Dave Wyndorf from Magnet looking on during the set with the biggest smile I've ever seen in my life! Playing on the same bill as his heroes, must have been fantastic!

Anyway, despite not being close enough to 'stage invade' Sad Rolling Eyes I'm so happy I got to see The Stooges with Ron!

Was anyone else there?

Cheers, Tom!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004   Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:27 pm

I went. I took my kids too they were 14 and 11. After the Stooges played I thought I never needed to see another band play ever but we ended up watching Electric Six later Laughing

I got a DVD of the gig but I haven't watched more than about 10 minutes of it. It is just a film of the big screen Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Download Festival, Donnington, UK, 2004
Page 1 of 1