Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date

Go down 
+57
StoogesFan
c-deep
Garageman
coffeepotman
citizensmurf
popmansam
dan b
Cato
iggy
dorianmode
scott
iggy-fan
Nitebob
Luzern
dk
Lucas
rokyforever
francois
gasman124
elvis plebsley
LuckyMonkey
pjpeanutz
Aku
CARLTON
mark
dynamite boogie
ElRoi
trailerborn
comaman
napalm_cheetah
Donald
the5thramone37
Borntohula
Nadja
Natalie
cb
Rode Hard
Iguanas
dtklamf
JW82
MJG196
Funhousehideaway#2
Chemmy
studioguy
Monger
Rob Gallucci
tompa67
gazatthebop
don_vercetti
lolakelly
G, F#, E
larry fine
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
adams66
mc
23rd Express
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Nothing here in Minnesota either Sad Maybe tomorrow
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:34 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Okay, today MUST be the day ! The boxset MUST arrive today !! If it dosen't then my friday will be ruined, Sad

Has anyone in the MI area recieved their mail today yet ? Trailerborn, lolakelly, Funhousehideaway#2? What about studioguy/Elroi?

Your and more importantly my Friday has been ruined my friend. At least I did received my copies of Rough Power and Wild Love as consolation prizes. I know have the Complete Raw Power. All sources and versions of this seminal work are in my collection. However, when I went to the mail box I, like you my Stooge friend, really wanted to find that package from overseas.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Can anyone else hear Iggy vomiting on disk 2 track 5 at 3 mins 48? Maybe the story is true Smile
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 pm

mc wrote:
Can anyone else hear Iggy vomiting on disk 2 track 5 at 3 mins 48? Maybe the story is true Smile

Can you imagine what that was like as an audience member. Their onstage antics and self debauchery along with the explosive music was probably like experiencing some sort of avant-garde performance piece. No one else at that time was even close to pushing the boundaries the way the Stooges were.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 pm

I wish I could hear that.... my package didn't arrive either... it's gotta be tomorrow... royal mail says within 5 days for overseas orders... tomorrow would be the 5th day... I mean, it's gotta be tomorrow right ? Sad
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 pm

Blasting Fresh Rag from 14/5 right now....
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:46 pm

I wish I could hear that.... my package didn't arrive either... it's gotta be tomorrow... royal mail says within 5 days for overseas orders... tomorrow would be the 5th day... I mean, it's gotta be tomorrow right ? Sad

Alright now, step away from the edge and give me your hand. Everything is gonna be OK. Let's start this intervention by all putting on your favorite version of Raw Power and cranking up the volume to 11. Now doesn't that feel better.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:00 pm

francois wrote:
At the end of the notebook, only Iggy is credited for the songwritting , do you think that's realist ?

Not really, except for the lyics.
Based on the listens I have had so far, to my ears the songs are perhaps a little more James' style than Ron's. It's difficult to say though, because it was Ron's idea to add James to the band in order to expand the sound, and therefore difficult to know what sound Ron had in mind when he suggested the change. I would be interested to know if other listeners hear more of either Ron's or James' influence in the songs.
What is sure is that there are some MASSIVE guitar riffs in the set.

And the end of "Do You Want My Love?" on disc 1..... now that's the way to end a set!
Back to top Go down
francois

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:03 am

Rob Gallucci wrote:

Based on the listens I have had so far, to my ears the songs are perhaps a little more James' style than Ron's. It's difficult to say though, because it was Ron's idea to add James to the band in order to expand the sound, and therefore difficult to know what sound Ron had in mind when he suggested the change. I would be interested to know if other listeners hear more of either Ron's or James' influence in the songs.

i guess it could be james' riffes but influenced by ron's style, i always thought that "i got a right" was from the same idea of song as "1970" but push farther.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:20 am

I don´t think james used wha wha..? You can hear when it´s ron that´s playing.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:27 am

You guys get very analytical. Back then I just enjoyed the music.

I can tell you that both Ron and James were involved with the composing of these songs. The band might not remember but I do.

I loved those songs. They were some of the best Stooge shows ever.
The band was really on fire and at their peak.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I did not see Iggy vomit on stage. It may have happened. I was standing in my favorite spot. Directly in front of Ron's amp and I did not see it. It might have happened but you could not prove it by me.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:31 am

I agree.. Fantastic songs..!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Natalie wrote:

I can tell you that both Ron and James were involved with the composing of these songs. The band might not remember but I do.

I loved those songs. They were some of the best Stooge shows ever.
The band was really on fire and at their peak.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I did not see Iggy vomit on stage. It may have happened. I was standing in my favorite spot. Directly in front of Ron's amp and I did not see it. It might have happened but you could not prove it by me.

Nat you are a wealth of Stooges knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Natalie wrote:

How was the volume of the music in the theaters back in 1971 compared to Stooges 2003–2008? As loud, louder? And how was it compared to other bands at the time? The stacks of amps look menacing in the 1971 photos. Did The Stooges stand out as being louder then other bands at the time? I remember reading that when Bob Dylan and The Band played England in 1966 he was the first musician to use modern amps and PA over there. People had never heard music played at such a loud volume and were shocked and scared! Was it like that with The Stooges in 1971? Or was a high volume a given by then?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Did anyone in the US get their boxset today ? mail comes here in a couple hours, need to know if anyone else got their copies ? Funhouse hideaway, trailerborn, lolakelly,studioguy,elroi ?? If it dosen't come today, I might aswell shoot myself.. Suicide2 Suicide

Last edited by JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:25 pm

Did anyone in the US get their boxset today ? mail comes here in a couple hours, need to know if anyone else got their copies ? Funhouse hideaway, trailerborn, lolakelly,studioguy,elroi ?? If it dosen't come today, I might aswell shoot myself.. : (

Unless it comes separate from the normal mail no, just the usual bills and junk mail today
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:28 pm

are you fucking serious !? This is ridiculous, I'm gonna have to send a mail to EA
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Did anyone in the US get their boxset today ? mail comes here in a couple hours, need to know if anyone else got their copies ? Funhouse hideaway, trailerborn, lolakelly,studioguy,elroi ?? If it dosen't come today, I might aswell shoot myself.. Suicide2 Suicide

Alright now, just put the gun down and move away slowly. It's all gonna be alright. Just put on your earphones, put on the Stooges first album very loud and dance wildly around the room. Repeat with Fun House and continue through your entire collection. And no I didn't get mine either. I'm half way through Rough Power at this point.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:34 pm

hahaha. : )

I just can't understand it though, pretty much everyone besides the US has gotten theirs... im fully confused... ?
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:42 pm

I just can't understand it though, pretty much everyone besides the US has gotten theirs... im fully confused... ?

Getting stuff from overseas has become much more difficult in the last 8 years or so. You can thank the Patriot Act and the rest of the bureaucratic BS. I would hope that Monday will be the day. If not, I too will be contacting EA and asking, "WTF?!?!" After all the delay they should have paid the extra money and used UPS or FedEx. At least we would have tracking #'s and could keep up with the packages progress.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm in Germany, got mine today. Worth every penny, a true labour of love! Thanks EA!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:39 pm

ElRoi wrote:

Getting stuff from overseas has become much more difficult in the last 8 years or so. You can thank the Patriot Act and the rest of the bureaucratic BS. I would hope that Monday will be the day. If not, I too will be contacting EA and asking, "WTF?!?!" After all the delay they should have paid the extra money and used UPS or FedEx. At least we would have tracking #'s and could keep up with the packages progress.

What are you babbling about? Stuff from the UK usually takes 5-7 business days, maybe more depending on your location in the US (additional ground delivery time is sometimes required). EA said the stuff was shipped on the 21st.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:28 am

Hi,
I have waited almost 38 years to hear the Electric Circus shows. I was there. Another week ? Fine

nitebob
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:56 am

Nitebob wrote:
Hi,
I have waited almost 38 years to hear the Electric Circus shows. I was there. Another week ? Fine

nitebob

You are my hero.
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:17 am

Hi Nitebob,
Are you Bob Casper?
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next