Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting thread on interesting blog

Go down 
+8
Donald
Nadja
23rd Express
Natalie
napalm_cheetah
neven
gasman124
ggriffin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Interesting thread on interesting blog Empty
PostSubject: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:48 pm

...including comments from some folks who saw them back in 1971...

http://thehoundblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/stooges-1971_15.html
Back to top Go down
gasman124

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Whooa youre telling me the Raw Power stooges played Wakefield a little town just outside Leeds!!! (Great Picture as well) How come this has never been mentioned before (or maybe it has) i was always under the impression the Kings Cross gig was the only live UK performance. And why Wakefield miles from London. Gpd i live for info like this!!!!
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:13 am

can't believe they played the u.k. apart from kings cross.
someone better ask natalie were she took that picture.
i remember she didn't go over to the u.k.and the picture looks more 1970 to me
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 am

pre kings cross? really?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:58 am

That is a photo I took and was sent to fan club members back in the day. I wonder how they got it. I did get a pm from a guy who was a member of the club and he told me that he still had the photos I sent him.

Well, that picture was not taken in the UK. I have been to the UK many times and attended numerous concerts BUT NEVER THE STOOGES. No, no, no, to the best of my knowledge they only played that one show in London.

By the way, we are still looking for somebody who saw that one London show to write up their memories.

If any of you know somebody who attended the show please, please have them get in touch with Per or me .
Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:56 am

Ha ha. Imagine the Stooges playing a working blokes club in Wakefield in 1972!

What a hoot that would have been. Wakie wouldn't have known what had hit it.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:03 pm

hmmm..interesting photo...
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Natalie wrote:
Well, that picture was not taken in the UK.

Obviously not Laughing . Do you remember where it was taken?
Surprising the blogger got it wrong, he seems pretty clued up. Unless he was just pulling everyone's legs cos he knew what a reaction he'd get.
Back to top Go down
gasman124

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 pm

yeah i got a little excited didnt take in that it its Ron on guitar(and not bass etc) great photo though love how there all sat down at the front!
Back to top Go down
saichan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Natalie wrote:
By the way, we are still looking for somebody who saw that one London show to write up their memories.

If any of you know somebody who attended the show please, please have them get in touch with Per or me .

what about trying some of the celebrities who were supposed to have been there - like john lydon?
Back to top Go down
Nervousnorvus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:22 pm

I pulled the photo and info off the I-94 Blog. I'll correct the info today.
I'm still planning on running the other photo of the Bill Cheetam/Zeke Zettner line up (I'm sure it's never been published, I ran one last winter) as well as an unseen Iggy nude and a great shot of Ig's bedroom at Stooge Manor someday. Keep an eye peeled, the URL is:
http://thehoundblog.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:38 am

Nervousnorvus,

That photo was from September 12, 1970 in Falls Church , Virginia.
I am curiuos why you thought it was the UK and where you got the picture.

BTW, thanks to those of you who said you liked the photo. It was taken with a Kodak instamatic camera and a flashcube . If you like that photo, there will be more snapshots coming with the fan pack and lots more unseen photos in the book being written and prepared by Per and I.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:40 am

Any idea when the Fan Club pack will come to fruition?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 am

Not yet. When definitive info is available, I will insure it is posted here.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:07 pm

I have to admit I was misled at first into thinking the picture was from the UK as well, just on account of that flag. Naive or what Laughing
Then I looked closer and saw the Jamestown sign.
Back to top Go down
Nervousnorvus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:14 pm

"That photo was from September 12, 1970 in Falls Church , Virginia.
I am curiuos why you thought it was the UK and where you got the picture. "

As I said in the above posting, I got the info from the I-94 blog, I think he posted the mis-information as a joke which went way over my admittedly foggy head.
Also, the Ron Asheton photos w/gun posted in other spots here are from my website taken by my wife Gillian McCain when she was doing interviews for Please Kill Me. The photo of Ron and Danny Fields at Max's was from Danny, the Peter Hujar photos of the 71 Stooges and the Cheetam/Zettner photo are from our collection. best, Jim
all can be seen at various spots on my blog:
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Well Iggy and Ron look awesome in that photo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread on interesting blog   Interesting thread on interesting blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting thread on interesting blog
Page 1 of 1