Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges then, Stooges now.

Go down 
+4
MJG196
G, F#, E
TED
Diego Menendes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Diego Menendes

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Stooges then, Stooges now. Empty
PostSubject: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:39 pm

The guy in our band, the guitar player Ledjo said he wouldnt go to see the Stooges concert in this century, that there is no feeling, to see that now. He said we should see them in 1970 or 71. I dont agree with him, it is still to magic to see The Stooges or any other band, but is different of course. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Diego, I agree with you not your guitar player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:07 pm

The discussion, Diego,
just like your other thread you started bout James is pointless, we and them too have no choice.
You guitarist saying "Should see them in 70 or 71" then go tell him to go there and see them.

I stick to the present time, its no choice anyway. Take them or leave them.

PenetraaaaaaaaaaayTION
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 pm

I don't think there's the same massive ammount of energy that used to be there but that's only natural with age. There's no denying the Stooges were at their peak in their original incarnation but I'm damn pleased I got the chance to see them and that they're finally getting some much needed recognition. Most of us never got to hear classics like "Down On The Street (No Wall)" when they were first played live so the reunion is great. It's Lego's loss if he refuses to see them.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Ugh...another pointless thread...
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:34 am

They might not be the juggernaut they once were but the echo of their former greatness still rings true and that is enough to warrant seeing them 40+ years hence. Every year is 1969 so long as Iggy is still on stage...
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

mg196 wrote:
Why do you think is pointless? I think is VERY important to realise for every individual what he feel if he will go on The Stooges concert in this century.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:44 pm

OUTBURST wrote:
The discussion, Diego,
just like your other thread you started bout James is pointless, we and them too have no choice.
You guitarist saying "Should see them in 70 or 71" then go tell him to go there and see them.

I stick to the present time, its no choice anyway. Take them or leave them.
If you think my thread is pontless why didnt you say in January n 2009 that Iggy will call Williamson in the band. You sound like a very smart boy.

PenetraaaaaaaaaaayTION
Back to top Go down
bobyoung

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:33 pm

I saw them in 69 in Boston, If their recent album is any indication how they sounded live they were 100 times better back when i saw them but I'd still like to see them with Williamson. That 2007 album was mixed terrible though which may have been a big part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:44 pm

mg196 wrote:

Yeah..Ran would be disgusted with this turn of events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:54 pm

bobyoung wrote:
I saw them in 69 in Boston, If their recent album is any indication how they sounded live they were 100 times better back when i saw them but I'd still like to see them with Williamson. That 2007 album was mixed terrible though which may have been a big part of the problem.
No shit? So you got to be aroun 60 years old wright?
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
mg196 wrote:

Yeah..Ran would be disgusted with this turn of events.

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges then, Stooges now.   Stooges then, Stooges now. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges then, Stooges now.
Page 1 of 1