Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big mistake of Iggy pop!

Go down 
+3
G, F#, E
bobyoung
Diego Menendes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Diego Menendes

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Big mistake of Iggy pop! Empty
PostSubject: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:53 pm

I think it was big mistake of Iggy, when he released third album Soldier, and he said to Williamson that he is involving too much in his album, then he fired him and he is calling him now,cause he needs a guitar player someone like williamson, who is more an more recognisible over the years. Williamsaon was half of RAW POWER, never forget that!
And he also wrote many tracks on other Iggy s albums.
Back to top Go down
bobyoung

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:20 pm

I always though he should have put the original Raw Power band back together with Ashton on bass and Williamson on guitar.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:03 pm

That's silly, how demoralising would that have been to Ron? Some people prefer "Raw Power" over the first two Stooges albums but there's no denying Ron was more innovative and more underrated. "Soldier" was an awful awful album anybody would have been glad to be free of it.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:45 am

Here's a constructive suggestion for Diego- purchase the Easy Action box set of Stooges 1971 superbly cleaned up audience recordings. This features both Williamson and Asheton trading off guitar leads. You can enjoy both musicians, even as I enjoy and support both recorded versions of The Stooges: they shine with different strengths. sunny
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:51 pm

" Ha! Raw Power line-up reformed. Thats crazy talk. Over my dead body"

- the spirit of Brother Ron floating in the ether.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 pm

"Over My Dead Body" is but one of the great, previously unheard songs on the aforementioned EasyAction release from 1971. Punning from the afterlife?
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Didnt know that Perdu.
thats weird.
I read somewhere that the vocals sound quite low on that box set.
Is that true?
what do u reckon?
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Go to the discussions herein on it. My take is that the release is WELL worth it. There were many caveats from the company that this was comprised of audience tapes, albeit highly restored, and there's four different gigs' worth of the same set, with the third disc featuring the best vocal mix.

But you know what? I got to clearly hear 6 different Stooges' songs I'd never heard before, all anthemically as memorable as any other Stooges' works. I heard interplay between two legendary guitarists never before encountered. How often does that happen?
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Yeah I hear ya. Its an historic document.
I'm very tempted.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 pm

It is a MUST HAVE set for any Stooges fan jpod. Truly!
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:10 am

To further tempt you, an explanation of audio. This will vary according to your own systems. For my low-tech ones, Disc 1 is primo in headphones, Disc 3 is best blasted in the car.
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:41 am

There was potential on Soldier. An unreleased Stooges tune,decent band, but Iggy & the guitarist Steve New did not get along. I have rehearsal demos that sound very promising.
The guitar is completely buried in the mix on that LP.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 am

Hey Perdu.

You made a VERY convincing argument.
Literally a minute after I read your post I decided to order it.
hopefully arriving today.
can't fuckin wait now.

thanks guys. hopefully I'll post my verdict soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big mistake of Iggy pop!   Big mistake of Iggy pop! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big mistake of Iggy pop!
Page 1 of 1