Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power Box Advance copies

Go down 
+27
gazatthebop
trailerborn
zeke
Radiobirdman73
Lucas
Petrie Terrace
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom
Garageman
Funhouse
StoogesFan
ElRoi
Tyronehell
mark
tompa67
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
krugersoldier
adams66
freemind
Funhousehideaway#2
TeddyB1018
Perdu
MJG196
Nitebob
G, F#, E
Natalie
Nervousnorvus
larry fine
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Found where you order. The fucking shipping price to the U.K. is £30 fucking quid?! The box its self is just under £50
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:33 pm

tompa67 wrote:
Just Pre-ordered The Raw Power box.
Looking forward to this one..!

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Natalie wrote:
That was always one of the amazing things about them. They got on the stage and gave everything. Each one of them gave it all. Iggy was never so wasted that he could not perform any times I saw them. Somehow, he always reached inside and when it counted, he came through every time.

Natalie,

You know I love you but I have to kind of disagree with you here. There were times at The Whisky in 1973 that they put on a good (not great and certainly not incendiary) show for the first set. You could tell that folks were high but they gave it their all.

But when it came time for the second set (which we sometimes had to leave and pay to get back into and sometimes were able to stay inside the club and see for free) they didn't even make it to the stage. Second set cancelled. It didn't happen every night but it did happen.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 pm

mark wrote:
Carlton from Easy Action has stated on this forum that he was all set to include a remastered version of the final show on Heavy Liquid, but his plans were kiboshed by a legal threat from Marc Zermatti of Skydog. Don't know whether this would have been from the original Tipton tapes or not but I would presume so.

I remember this being said and I am still baffled by it. How does someone who has the opportunity to buy original tapes from the man who recorded them and who has been releasing similar tapes with the blessing and consent of the band in question and who actually pays the band in question get scared off by threats from someone who is, from what I can tell, a bootlegger? And if he isn't a bootlegger then the tapes that he has released legally have certainly been bootlegged by others a number of times.

If I were Tipton I would be approaching people like Rhino to sell these tapes. If Easy Action won't or can't release them then I'm sure someone will.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 pm

larry fine wrote:
mark wrote:
Carlton from Easy Action has stated on this forum that he was all set to include a remastered version of the final show on Heavy Liquid, but his plans were kiboshed by a legal threat from Marc Zermatti of Skydog. Don't know whether this would have been from the original Tipton tapes or not but I would presume so.

I remember this being said and I am still baffled by it. How does someone who has the opportunity to buy original tapes from the man who recorded them and who has been releasing similar tapes with the blessing and consent of the band in question and who actually pays the band in question get scared off by threats from someone who is, from what I can tell, a bootlegger? And if he isn't a bootlegger then the tapes that he has released legally have certainly been bootlegged by others a number of times.

If I were Tipton I would be approaching people like Rhino to sell these tapes. If Easy Action won't or can't release them then I'm sure someone will.

Exactly. I wonder if Tipton has ever attempted to approach Rhino or Legacy with his recordings. Man if Legacy had gotten hold of the original Metallic KO recordings, worked their high dollar label restoration techniques on them and included them in the Raw Power box set it would without a doubt have been one of the most important, if not the most important, box sets ever released. Don't get me wrong, as it stands it is a vital release, but a remasted version of Metallic KO would have made it nothing short of perfection.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Larry,

I love you too and your experience was just different than mine. I attended at least 70 gigs from 1969 through 1974. There was one gig in upstate NY when there were stage complications and the band never played because of state regs re: time they had to close the arena.

Then there was the time at Max's when Iggy fell on the glass and cut his chest deeply. The show was stopped because of the blood. Iggy was cleaned up and then he and the band finished the show. After, he was forced to go to the hospital for stitches and the last 2 gigs were postponed.

Then there was the time I believe Perdu was asking about. I never, ever saw roadies carry Iggy out on the stage. If it is the gig at the Academy, Iggy was was wearing my hat and we had a negotiation about it. He saw the hat and took it off my head and said that he has to wear it on stage. From experience, I knew that I would not get it back. It was my favorite hat and I wanted it to remain as such. So we negotiated a deal where he would wear the hat for the first song and then give it back. After the first song, he turned to me . I was standing in the wings and he threw the hat to me. It was a perfect aim and I caught the hat and back on my head it went.

This is the gig that he allegedly had to be carried out onto stage. I am not saying and never will claim that members of the band were not stoned. I am stating that all the times I saw them, Iggy never had to be carried onto the stage. I am also saying that every time I saw them, they gave their all. Some gigs were just better, but I never saw a gig that was bad.

However, Nitebob has a really funny story about Iggy asking to be carried back onto the stage. Maybe he'll read this and tell it!

Natalie

Last edited by Natalie on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 pm

I have never had the privilege of actually seeing the boys in action first hand, but I would like to believe Nat's recollections. If for no other reason than to maintain my idle image of the Stooges as the hardest working, baddest ass band in Rock N' Roll. Sober or stoned. I would really hate to ever imagine the Stooges being as half-assed as losers like Aerosmith.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:37 pm

larry fine wrote:
mark wrote:

Larry,

Carlton from Easy Action has stated on this forum that he is talking with Michael Tipton "at length", so we can be sure that something is at least being planned.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Natalie wrote:
Larry,

I love you too and your experience was just different than mine. I attended at least 70 gigs from 1969 through 1974. There was one gig in upstate NY when there were stage complications and the band never played because of state regs re: time they had to close the arena.

However, Nitebob has a really funny story about Iggy asking to be carried back onto the stage. Maybe he'll read this and tell it!

Natalie

Well, I bow (as always) to your superior Stooge knowledge and to your status as absolute expert on all things Stooge. I just wanted to point out that I'd witnessed a slightly different reality. You remain the Queen.

I'd love to hear Nitebob's story.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm

ElRoi wrote:
I have never had the privilege of actually seeing the boys in action first hand, but I would like to believe Nat's recollections. If for no other reason than to maintain my idle image of the Stooges as the hardest working, baddest ass band in Rock N' Roll. Sober or stoned. I would really hate to ever imagine the Stooges being as half-assed as losers like Aerosmith.

Don't get me wrong. The Stooges ruined me. I saw them many, many times over a several week period in 1973. I was 16 years old. I'm now 53. I have been to thousands of concerts / clubs in the ensuing years. Nothing has ever approached the quality of The Stooges live on a good night. Hell, nothing really approaches them on a bad night. They were the best live band I've ever witnessed and the list of bands that I wanted to see but never did is very short. They were the greatest!
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 pm

StoogesFan wrote:

Larry,

Carlton from Easy Action has stated on this forum that he is talking with Michael Tipton "at length", so we can be sure that something is at least being planned.

Can you imagine? Let's see - we just had the 1971 box, the Raw Power box is on the way, according to Robert Matheu; Rhino is planning a new version of the 1st LP with bonus tracks and there is the distinct possibility that Ungano's may see the light of day. Now there is, perhaps, a chance of a decent version of Metallic KO (and whatever other tapes that Mr. Tipton might have - I believe Natalie said elsewhere on this forum that other tapes exist).

I can remember when the 45 of I Got a Right first appeared. It didn't leave my turntable for weeks. Two new Stooges tracks was something to be celebrated. It was a religious experience. Now we are being inundated with new Stooges material. It's a great time to be a Stooge fan.
Back to top Go down
Funhouse

Funhouse

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Really annoyed at the outrageous delivery charge to the UK, which bumps up the total cost to more than £80. I would have happily paid the Stirling equivalent of the US price - after all I've been doing it for years for US guitars - but this is way over the odds.

Last edited by Funhouse on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:55 pm

krugersoldier wrote:
This thread made me laugh, remastering and cleaning up Metallic KO is like polishing a turd, its great BECAUSE it sounds like that. Do you want to hear the glass smashing in quadrophonic stereo? Metallic KO is the Stooges Stalingrad and in my opinion there greatest record, I vote for leaving it alone. You have to excuse me I also think the Soldier is Iggy's best solo record, these opinions have made me an outcast LOL Smile

No offense, but I couldn't disagree more. If a decent sounding version of this could be produced I'd be all over it. After hearing the endless bootlegs of this band over the past decades and finally getting to hear the quality recording on the Raw Power box; I was, at last, reminded of just how great this band was live. They were the greatest live band I ever saw and I'd love every opportunity to hear them again in the most pristine quality available.

Bring on the cleaned up tapes!!!
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:14 pm

For some reason, I've never been a big fan of Metallic KO, but if a cleaned up version taken straight from the original tapes is released with correct tape speed, I'm definitely going to get it.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Funhouse wrote:
Really annoyed at the outrageous delivery charge to the UK, which bumps up the total cost to more than £80. I would have happily paid the Stirling equivalent of the US price - after all I've been doing it for years for US guitars - but this is way over the odds.

I hate to tell you this, but it's $4.99 for delivery here in the US.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:16 pm

larry fine wrote:
krugersoldier wrote:
This thread made me laugh, remastering and cleaning up Metallic KO is like polishing a turd, its great BECAUSE it sounds like that. Do you want to hear the glass smashing in quadrophonic stereo? Metallic KO is the Stooges Stalingrad and in my opinion there greatest record, I vote for leaving it alone. You have to excuse me I also think the Soldier is Iggy's best solo record, these opinions have made me an outcast LOL Smile

No offense, but I couldn't disagree more. If a decent sounding version of this could be produced I'd be all over it. After hearing the endless bootlegs of this band over the past decades and finally getting to hear the quality recording on the Raw Power box; I was, at last, reminded of just how great this band was live. They were the greatest live band I ever saw and I'd love every opportunity to hear them again in the most pristine quality available.

Bring on the cleaned up tapes!!!

I have to agree with you larry. If nothing else a version that plays at the correct speed, but some sonic clean-up would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:57 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Funhouse wrote:

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! My blood is starting to boil again.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:20 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Funhouse wrote:

PERKELE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:11 am

I did say that Michael Tipton has other tapes. Michael has plans but once again, that is his story to tell. I am hoping that there will be some news soon.

To reiterate what Larry said, it is a great time to be a Stooge fan. I am so looking forward to all the new releases. One will be the fan pack I am working on with Easy Action Records. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll start another one about it.

I'd also like to mirror what Larry said about the Stooges ruining him. If you saw them once, you had to go back for more. For power and unpredictablity, nothing topped them, in my opinion, ever. You were never bored at a Stooge gig.

Larry, thanks for the new nickname. If I am the "queen" you are surely the "king" of knowledge for the LA era after the Stooges. I bow to you too, kind sir!
Back to top Go down
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:06 am

BTW, I must state that the version of I Got A Right that we included, in my opinion is awesome, and I don't think I've heard it anywhere else. As far as loading the package up with all the takes we had, ala Heavy Liquid, James and Iggy did not want to do that and I agreed, gets rather tedious listening to take after take. Choose the best and leave the rest where it belongs, unheard. We had a few versions of Gimme Some Skin, but none of them improved on the ones we've all heard. Doojiman, Hey Peter were included because they are revealing in that the Stooges had a bigger idea as to what Raw Power was going to be, those songs have no real home on Raw Power other than they were done at the time and show the band's somewhat less serious side. Doojiman has it's roots in their early stage performances, something very few, if any of you ever experienced, as does Asthma Attack, those are the Holy Grails of Stooge. Free from & freaky. Listen to Hey Peter again and see if you can't figure out what it is really about, when I first heard it, I knew it was semi-autobiographical. I included Sick Of You because it's a great song and we were able to improve on the sonic quality. Last thought on all of this here, we also were aiming for the Stooges fans that didn't buy all the bootlegs, over and over again. I know everyone is going to have their own opinion on what they would have done, I know I did for years, which is why I stepped up and did what I would have done, it's done and sounds better than ever and I am proud to have been allowed to be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
http://robertmatheuphotography.com
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 am

Natalie

Tell Tipton to get in touch with me if he wants to get serious about those tapes.

Bob

And dear lady, I asked you to write me directly. I had a package for you...
Back to top Go down
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:23 am

Almost forgot, I did want to correct the long rumored stories about professional recorded shows by CBS at the time, since they opened for Blue Oyster Cult and those shows were being recorded by CBS, that is where the rumors started. A couple thoughts on that, the Stooges had already been dropped by the label at the time, so it's highly unlikely. Also, all of the Blue Oyster Cult recordings are in the vaults, and their manager at the time confirmed the Stooges were not recorded. The Ford Auditorium 1973 show was also rumored to have been recorded, but I asked Nite Bob years ago if he had tapes, and I would suspect that even if he was reluctant to tell me then, he would cough them up now.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 am

Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:31 am

BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom wrote:
Almost forgot, I did want to correct the long rumored stories about professional recorded shows by CBS at the time, since they opened for Blue Oyster Cult and those shows were being recorded by CBS, that is where the rumors started. A couple thoughts on that, the Stooges had already been dropped by the label at the time, so it's highly unlikely. Also, all of the Blue Oyster Cult recordings are in the vaults, and their manager at the time confirmed the Stooges were not recorded. The Ford Auditorium 1973 show was also rumored to have been recorded, but I asked Nite Bob years ago if he had tapes, and I would suspect that even if he was reluctant to tell me then, he would cough them up now.

So, as far as you know, is the Georgia Peaches show the only professionally recorded performance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Box Advance copies   Raw Power Box Advance copies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power Box Advance copies
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next