Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

raw power or raw 'power'?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

raw power or raw 'power'? Empty
PostSubject: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 6:27 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Iggy-and-the-Stooges-Raw-Power-Remaster-CD-NEW_W0QQitemZ260191049892QQihZ016QQcategoryZ1049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hey everyone, this item is up on ebay, just wanted to ask to see if anyone knew if this was the 73 raw power remaster or the 97 remix on CD

also dos anyone know where i could get the 1973 raw power on CD? or can someone upload it as mp3 r sumthin to internet, i have it myelf but from your pretty face onwards on some songs it get glitchy and stuff u'no, or better can some1 record the original vinyl maybe?
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 6:30 pm

It's the Iggy mix, not the Bowie mix. It says it there on the page, just scroll down.

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 4:33 pm

I haven't looked recently, but it used to turn up fairly regularly on ebay and was inexpensive. I think it sold pretty well when it was available so there are plenty of copies around. I got one from ebay a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:09 pm

yeh, heavy i thought that too, but i was quirying as to if it ws mislabelled or not, its columbia 1999 pressing, and it wouldve said 1997 right if it was iggy? no? i dunno, just if anyone knows thanks
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:24 pm

is this

http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Power-Iggy-Stooges/dp/B00005QVHA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1197220699&sr=8-3

the bowie mix?

(p.s. i both love and hate how they cant get this album right, its symbolic of its ramshackle heroin fueled mayhem of music that since its inception there have been problems, although i'd love a firm mix between the bowie and iggy mix - or even a different slant? RHINO THIS IS AIMED SQUARELY AT YOU!!) Haha, i hope they do do something though, or even just release more stooges stuff, i think theyre tryin to get some the stooges demos or alternate recordigns released, right?, well watever, more Stooges!!)
Back to top Go down
iggy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 4:51 am

[quote="homesickjameswilliamson"]is this

http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Power-Iggy-Stooges/dp/B00005QVHA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1197220699&sr=8-3

the bowie mix?

I don't think so. The Bowie mix has never been remastered and you are unlikely to find a new copy because it has been out of print for several years. The one you want is on Columbia CK 32111. Keep checking Ebay. It'll turn up eventually.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 2:29 pm

Yeah, the Bowie mix wouldnt be on amazon, either.

The only places you could find the Bowie mix is on eBay or in a second hand store. I doubt there are any new one lying around, but there could be.

And yeah, when it says it was released in 1997, its the Iggy mix.

Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:07 pm

Ha...the Raw Power controversy continues....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:01 pm

Yeh, i'd love to have it on CD, the actual thing, i downloaded the bowie mix and finally after all this time burnt it onto CD not a couple days ago, i was worried cos the only other time i listened to it was when first downloaded it and it sounded all scratchy and cut in and out u'no, but i burnt it and listened to it and its perfect, i love both mixes, they depend on a type of mood u'no iggy's is all rahh lets get em, lol, while bowie's is that becos of the nature of the music but easier to listen to, plus i also burnt on the 2 tracks off that godfathers of LA punk CD I Got a Right and GImme Some Skin, i must have about 20 or 30 of each track but those are the best sounding ones, got me really pumped up and for some1 whose head is so deep into dylan at the minute, it reminded me of just why the iggy/stooges are my favourite band, cos like dylans great, zep r great, stones are phenomenal, beatls, dolls, neil young name anyone and they could never ever have come up with the stuff the stooges came up with, thats y i love them, theyre unique
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:48 am

asked the seller about it and he said it was the remaster of the bowie mix, so i bought it, and if i was swindled, sure i'll just ...leave negative feedback, or cry to ebay r sumthin, i dunno, it was only a 5er, so fuckit, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: raw power or raw 'power'?   raw power or raw 'power'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

raw power or raw 'power'?
Page 1 of 1