Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power

Go down 
+18
ianianian
jpod
Funhouse
happy to be here
LunarTunes
elvis plebsley
TV-Eye
Iggy Stooge
StoogesFan
TeddyB1018
Radiobirdman73
dtklamf
Loose1969
don_vercetti
ziggy79
gazatthebop
MJG196
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Empty
PostSubject: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:03 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:03 am

No one's excited about this? confused
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:56 am

I posted about this in the Hammersmith thread:

For immediate release, London, England –

Fans of Iggy and the Stooges will be able to purchase RAW POWER “LIVE” on USB stick and MP3 download when the band perform their seminal 1973 album at the London HMV Hammersmith Apollo on Sunday May 2nd.

The instant digital live concert recording is the brainchild of leading live recording company Music Networx, whose other digital live recordings includes KISS, Alice Cooper, Madness, Simply Red, Brett Anderson, Foreigner and Simple Minds.

Iggy Pop enthusiasts can either pre-order the concert stick or MP3 download from www.simfylive.com/iggypop, or they can pick up the USB stick in a collector’s box at the London HMV Hammersmith Apollo, directly after the show on May 2nd, or at the second Raw Power London Apollo concert on Monday May 3rd. The USB stick will retail for £20 pounds sterling, or can be downloaded via MP3 for €14.95 euros from simfylive.com.

For full details of the Raw Power “Live” USB concert stick and MP3 download, click here – http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/simfy/iggy.htm
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:36 am

i'm pretty sure you cannot capture the atmosphere of a packed out Stooges Raw Power return to London on usb....... you need to be there
Back to top Go down
ziggy79

ziggy79

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Wow, £20 is a bit steep if you ask me. £10 would be a more reasonable a price.
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Agreed. £10 would be just reasonable, but other that is extortionate.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:00 pm

don_vercetti wrote:
Agreed. £10 would be just reasonable, but other that is extortionate.

I posted this in another thread, but I think it is just as relevant here:

I see people bitching about the 20 quid the new Stooges thumb-drive is going to be, but think of all those bootlegs you have (free). Think of how you are gonna run home and look at the YouTube videos of the show (free). Or maybe you'll hunt down the show on a torrent site (free). They are trying to give you some extra "bonus material" on the thumb-drive, too.

The Stooges aren't going to make any money by selling records. Never have, never will. So if they have figured out a way to give their fans a new product, then we should encourage that. I imagine that not long after the show, someone will post the thumb-drive online and people here will download it (free). Are you going to send £10 to the band after downloading it? C'mon...

Bands are making their own decisions/choices now...which is good for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Well, I'm on board with this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I shall be buying one, i think this is going to be a bit special.

I would have got one in Lille, because i did not know what it was being a ignorant brit abroad i did not buy one.
Nigel.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:53 pm

dtklamf wrote:
I shall be buying one, i think this is going to be a bit special.

I would have got one in Lille, because i did not know what it was being a ignorant brit abroad i did not buy one.
Nigel.

i'll be purchasing the download...can't wait for it
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:04 pm

I'm in too.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:57 am

Cool guys. Thanks for supporting the band. Cool
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

Wow - I really WANT one of these!

The pre-order is already in. I really hope the mail from Germany is up to speed!
Back to top Go down
Iggy Stooge

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:19 pm

This is Good News!! Thanks for the info. I will buy this as well since i cannot attend this historic show. Still no Detroit date on the tour date list. I hope they add it soon.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:34 am

You're welcome. As for the tour dates, keep your fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
TV-Eye

TV-Eye

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:26 pm

What strikes me the most in this article is this: "The instant digital live concert recording is the brainchild of leading live recording company Music Networx, whose other digital live recordings includes KISS, Alice Cooper, Madness, Simply Red, Brett Anderson, Foreigner and Simple Minds." Vomit
Isn't it a shame for the Stooges to be put with all those "artists" from the business of the nostalgia?
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:47 pm

I've ordered mine
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Cool. Thanks again for supporting the band. Cool
Back to top Go down
LunarTunes

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:01 am

Interesting news! Is the USB version also mp3? Or will that one be lossless? Does anyone know? Perhaps I missed it on that webpage...

Peace.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:19 am

The live audio recordings will be available on the Iggy Pop & The Stooges USB flash drive (MP3s in 320kbit/s, 1 GB, collector's box) and as MP3 download.
Back to top Go down
LunarTunes

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks! Although I'm all for supporting the band, I personally don't like to pay for mp3's. But I won't download these as mps3's for free either, just to be fair Smile...

Peace.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:00 am

only 250 were sold at the venue on the 1st night....not good
Back to top Go down
happy to be here

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:23 pm

I don't know 250 x £20 = £5,000
Not too bad, surely? Agree they were a bit steep though, but despite that still got one for the first night, not had chance to try it out yet. Any good? Live Stooges on a magic wand? I'm getting lost in the future...
Back to top Go down
Funhouse

Funhouse

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm

I bought one and I'm delighted. Wasn't impressed with the merchandise on offer at the Hammersmith gig but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the recording. I think it's a great idea and lovely momento of a wonderful night.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:27 pm

I got mine at the show. I think its a great momento of an historic rock moment.
for a minute i thought i'd been scammed as i bought a voucher for the usb b4 the show at the entrance. after the show the stall had gone!!! (PANIC!)
i had to go walkabout to find that they had moved the stall into the bar area/ near merch stand. relief!
most of the set was on the usb and then you register on the simpylive site to download the encores etc.
havent listened to it yet tho. havent got back home from my trip to london.
hmm, 20 quid is perhaps a little steep but i did (sorry!) download the Lille gig for free so I kinda owe it to the stooges!

great idea, i'm well chuffed (as they probably say in london town) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power   Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next