Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago

Go down 
+8
G, F#, E
Petrie Terrace
ziggy
studioguy
Loose1969
Radiobirdman73
MJG196
ziguana62
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ziguana62

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-05-03

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Empty
PostSubject: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:02 pm

has there ever been a clearer case of jeff becks influence on james?
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Huh?
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:43 pm

what do you mean huh? listen to them.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Jimmy Page.
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:49 pm

YEH THEY BOTH PLAYED ON IT DID THEY NOT?
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Robby Krieger.
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:59 pm

MAYBE YOU COULD EXPLAIN A BIT MORE IM ONLY A SIMPLE LIMEY?
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Thompson Twins?
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:46 pm

WHAT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Flock of Seagulls
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:26 pm

you guys slay me.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Wham!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:39 pm

you got me good boys.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Wham!
Freaking Out i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago 776691
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:46 pm

studioguy wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:
Wham!
Freaking Out i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago 776691
No argument there! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Ricky Martin
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:47 pm

NICE BOY.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:34 am

ziguana62 wrote:
NICE BOY.

Taken from the I-94 Bar Interview with James

K: It was a big shift in terms of guitar styles from Ron's real fluid, kinda Hendrix-influenced thing, with certain technical limitations which he had at the time, to your style, which seems a lot more jagged, particularly the leads. Nobody was really playing that way then. Did you have any sense that what you were doing was ground-breaking?

J: No, but on the other hand, I've always been a guy that sort of just did his own thing and made it up as he went along, so it sort of worked out that way. I was influenced by a lot of guitar players, no question, but I never did PLAY like 'em. I just sorta did my own thing.

K: Can you name some of those players?

J: From a lead guitar perspective, certainly guys like Jeff Beck were very instrumental. Keith Richards, of course. All the good guys...there's so many of them! But from my own playing, I never did try to imitate them. Rather, I just sorta enjoyed their playing, and I always tried to play the way that I play.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:21 am

Radiobirdman73 wrote:
ziguana62 wrote:
NICE BOY.

Taken from the I-94 Bar Interview with James

K: It was a big shift in terms of guitar styles from Ron's real fluid, kinda Hendrix-influenced thing, with certain technical limitations which he had at the time, to your style, which seems a lot more jagged, particularly the leads. Nobody was really playing that way then. Did you have any sense that what you were doing was ground-breaking?

J: No, but on the other hand, I've always been a guy that sort of just did his own thing and made it up as he went along, so it sort of worked out that way. I was influenced by a lot of guitar players, no question, but I never did PLAY like 'em. I just sorta did my own thing.

K: Can you name some of those players?

J: From a lead guitar perspective, certainly guys like Jeff Beck were very instrumental. Keith Richards, of course. All the good guys...there's so many of them! But from my own playing, I never did try to imitate them. Rather, I just sorta enjoyed their playing, and I always tried to play the way that I play.

Thread should be locked right there. Thanks for that, Radio.
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:00 am

So when Iggy said in an old interview something about how he had written music for the Stooges, it's bullshit, but a very general and pretentious statement from James Williamson is the truth written in stone ? I don't understand. Of course the guy won't tell all his influences and how they work, maybe he's not even concious of them. He has to say just what makes him looks good, that's his job.
It's a rock critic's job to tell appart influences and to find facts to prove them. No artist could do this for himself (even if some guys are more honest than others about what they took from their idols).
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Yes, lock it quick.

Before someone points out that in the exact same quote that "proves" he doesn't borrow from Jeff Beck he says that ... er ... he didn't borrow from Keith Richards either?!

Or, as RadioBirman73 himself so succinctly put it ...

Radiobirdman73 wrote:
Seeing is believing and since you read it, it must be true, right? Right.

Got to give you extra points for carrying this on in a thread named after a Stooges song based on a riff James Williamson lifted straight from Jeff Beck, though.

Of the '72 demos, two feature straight lifts from other peoples songs, and it's a bit strange, considering that Jeff Beck never influenced James Williamson's playing, that the other straight lift is from ... another Jeff Beck era Yardbirds song?!

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago 662248
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:08 pm

ziggy wrote:
So when Iggy said in an old interview something about how he had written music for the Stooges, it's bullshit, but a very general and pretentious statement from James Williamson is the truth written in stone ? I don't understand. Of course the guy won't tell all his influences and how they work, maybe he's not even concious of them. He has to say just what makes him looks good, that's his job.
It's a rock critic's job to tell appart influences and to find facts to prove them. No artist could do this for himself (even if some guys are more honest than others about what they took from their idols).

Great point Ziggy.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Another thread flamed and ruined. Petrie is on a roll.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:21 pm

MJG196 wrote:
Another thread flamed and ruined. Petrie is on a roll.

Good posting
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:31 pm

MJG196 wrote:
Another thread flamed and ruined.

Different opinions are a bitch aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: