Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago

Go down 
+8
G, F#, E
Petrie Terrace
ziggy
studioguy
Loose1969
Radiobirdman73
MJG196
ziguana62
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:33 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
Another thread flamed and ruined.

Different opinions are a bitch aren't they?

It has nothing to do with differing opinions. It has to do with thread after thread being flamed.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:39 pm

MJG196 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
Another thread flamed and ruined.

Different opinions are a bitch aren't they?

It has nothing to do with differing opinions. It has to do with thread after thread being flamed.

Different opinions mean a thread is flamed? The opinions here do cross over from thread to thread but that applies to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Here's what one genius poster said to another during a recent difference of opinion

"You want a medal for being ignorant? Or just the chance to show it off?" - Petrie Terrace
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:04 am

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 910986

cheers Thanks for reminding me of how fucking hilarious that was. You need some sort of reward - two medals on your scout sash now!
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:20 am

Less talk,more fight! Whack
Stooges fans are like some kinda biker gang....eye for an eye!
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:14 am

G, F#, E wrote:

cheers Thanks for reminding me of how fucking hilarious that was. You need some sort of reward - two medals on your scout sash now!

Oh look everyone - Petrie's got a sidekick - just like the puppet in his avatar! Probably just what he always wanted, someone who agrees with everything he says and thinks, no matter how ludicrous or pompous it sounds. My word, you'll probably laugh at his dumb jokes too. Together, you a Petrie can fight ignorance and misunderstanding like two caped crusaders; I bet you've got the costumes picked out already. Taking the world by storm - Petrie and his little sidekick - PuppetBoy.

Petrie & PuppetBoy - this is fuckin' awesome.
Back to top Go down
Triskell

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:22 am

Oh well, this is a web forum, after all.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:43 am

What the bloody FUCK has happened to this place?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
gary

gary

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:08 am

Of the '72 demos, two feature straight lifts from other peoples songs, and it's a bit strange, considering that Jeff Beck never influenced James Williamson's playing, that the other straight lift is from ... another Jeff Beck era Yardbirds song?!

i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 662248[/quote]

'Sick of You' got me into the Yardbirds! Was listening to John Peel back in the day & he played 'Happenings' by the Yardbirds - of course I recognised the riff, got interested etc.

What's the other Yardbirds song you mention though, that JW was influenced/not influenced by?
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:37 am

I'm not talkin,i got a right,red and black:one intro,three songs.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Radiobirdman73 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

Oh look everyone - Petrie's got a sidekick - just like the puppet in his avatar! Probably just what he always wanted, someone who agrees with everything he says and thinks, no matter how ludicrous or pompous it sounds. My word, you'll probably laugh at his dumb jokes too. Together, you a Petrie can fight ignorance and misunderstanding like two caped crusaders; I bet you've got the costumes picked out already. Taking the world by storm - Petrie and his little sidekick - PuppetBoy.

Petrie & PuppetBoy - this is fuckin' awesome.

Fighting the forces of mental retardation like MJG and his henchman Radio the Turdman (see I can be immature too, still its a step up from "Pee Tree") since 1973.

I don't agree with everything Petrie says, hell I agree with you on some points but what you have done is start some twisted vendetta because someone disagrees with you on a forum. And I am going to back them up if I think they deserve to be. You did the same with me on the Ron thread. You seem to have a problem with me as I don't want to kiss Iggy's orange arse - as you would do if you were one of the crowd in your avatar (see I can make references to avatars too!). What I last said was silly, but at least it got through to you. These accusations of flaming are hilarious as YOU started posting the names of shit 80s bands in an attempt to be funny when someone new to the forum made a decent point.

I believe you were the one who started being ignorant by claming that James had no Jeff Beck influence and said this furiously, seriously listen to his work in the Yardbirds. Then when you found a quote that said he had listened to him you said that James sounded nothing like him, as James had also said this. You shouldn't take this word for word, as Ziggy said, musicians lie to make themselves look good. Williamson is a great guitarist but by no means an innovator, just a faster Keith Richards or Jeff Beck but a great guitarist none the less.
Back to top Go down
ziguana62

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:06 pm

great at last some wise words, god cant we all agree that we love the stooges but dont have to have the same veiws.after all every ones opinion is just that,their own opinion.bitching does not help anyone just look like the rantings of fools.in fighting does not encourage new posters i can tell you.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:37 pm

ziguana62 wrote:
great at last some wise words, god cant we all agree that we love the stooges but dont have to have the same veiws.after all every ones opinion is just that,their own opinion.bitching does not help anyone just look like the rantings of fools.in fighting does not encourage new posters i can tell you.

How right you are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:53 pm

boogie wrote:
Less talk,more fight! Whack

I'm with Vale, he talks sense. Love
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:53 pm

As far as musical influences go, Williamson's friends & mentors during hisTexas/Michigan adolescence probably had more of an influence than Beck etc. See the excellent Mike Watt interview for details.

Sorry ... back to flinging poo.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

trailerborn wrote:
As far as musical influences go, Williamson's friends & mentors during hisTexas/Michigan adolescence probably had more of an influence than Beck etc. See the excellent Mike Watt interview for details.

Sorry ... back to flinging poo.

From an interview published this year ...

Philippe Dupuy: Who was you favourite guitarist then and who is he now ?

James Williamson: "I think maybe my favourite guitarist all around is Jeff Beck."
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Questions : Who doesn't think S&D is a "punk" attempt to do something similar to the Chuck Berry gimmick riff ? And who doesn't think James Williamson brought back the "old" rock and roll in the Stooges after the free/funk sound of Fun House (this difference have always been my own artistical interpretation of the changes of basse/drum mix') ?
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago   i,m sick of you v happenings 10 year time ago - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:46 pm

MJG196 wrote:

I'm sorry MJG, I had no idea until today just how sensitive your feelings were, re "flaming". I'm still a bit confused by your seemingly having "flamed" this thread long before I got here, or even what in my original post could be considered "flaming", but anyway ...

As a little token of my affection, and an olive branch held out between us, here's something I thought you might like to take back to your Johnny Thunders forum.

Play from 1.20 if you can't stomach the whole thing.